Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How to recover from bad ....?
rotater cuff injury, as well as two stress fractures, and an out of alignment shoulder all on the right arm. I play volleyball and need help!!!!...

Did I break my finger today?
I was playing basketball today in PE and I went up for a rebound and the ball came off the rim really sharply and smashed into my finger. It hurt really bad, but I kept playing. Then is started ...

Wearing contacts for two days straight...?
any thing i should worry about? i did take them off second day. any tips/concerns towards this would be awwwsome. They were the acuve 2 contacts....

Will a chipped/broken knuckle grow back?
about 6 months ago i flipped out and punched a hole in my door. i know it was immature and i can now control my anger so i dont want a bunch of replys on anger crap. anyway a large chunk of my middle ...

I had a personal injury with some froze food from walmart. I need some opinions everyone!?
OK. In June 2007 I was 8 months pregnant and fixed lunch for my little girl and I. It was Dwight Yokums chicken fries. They are supposed to be boneless. I bit into it and a bone was in it. It went ...

Did I sprain or Break my Ankle?
Oct. 27th I rolled my ankle on a swimming noodle in my garage. At first it did not hurt, but it did take me a moment to get up becasue I could not feel my foot. I did put ice on it and continued to ...

Do you think my eye is OK????
i was riding a snowmobile and i stoped and hit my eye on the kill swich.i could not think right!
Additional Details
i will send you the pic just e-mail ...

MY FRIEND ACCIDENTLY ATE GLASs!!?
She sent me THIS e-mail from China---

I was eating this chinese candy and i figured out that there was a piece of glass in it and now i have three holes on my tongue full of blood. It ...

HELP, I bumped my head and now I look like Quasimoto!?
Is there anything I can do to reduced the swelling, bruising, biggness, and uglyness? Or speed up the process....

I think I've just broken my wrist so please be quick!!?
Seriously I was just feedign my rats and I flipped my wris really quickly for some reason now unbeknown to me, and now it absolutely cains and I cannot move it properly at all. I am not calling 999, ...

Ouch.im extremly sorE( or however you spell it) from working out..it hurts so bad!?
last night i worked out ALOT. and i havent worked out lke that in a while.and now IM EEEEEEEEEEXTREEEMLYYYY SORE..MY STOMACH..I CANT TALK WALK OR BREATHE.THATS HOW MMUCH IT HURTS.
my side hurts ...

Have you ever broken a bone?Which one? Story?
i haven'...

How do i know when im bleeding internally??
so me and my frioned were playing around fihging and stuff and she like kinda pulled my arm (the skin) and then now it hurts real bad....

My 12 year old foster child has Osgood Schlatter. She had a field trip yesterday, and they walked a LOT!!! =(
i posted this in another section too, but there were only 2 answers so.... i'll try this one!
they walked at least 2 miles. about 1/4 of a mile was going up and down stairs. today her knee ...

Do black people have a special leg muscle?

Inject advil?
what would happen if u injected advil into your skin?
with a needle from the liguid gel tablets.
thanks
Additional Details
yeah
um thanks for answering u guys are cool ...

Should i claim compensation from a car accident?
accident was not my fault car behind did not stop and ploughed into my 6 month old car 80((.
car will be fixed but i have a neck and back injury and pins and needles in my arms. hospital has ...

Has anybody out there lost there smell and taste due to head injury?i would like to hear from you if you have.
I lost my smell and taste just over 5 years ago due to a head injury, i had a fractured skull. I would like to hear from people who have been through the same....

I was in a car accident on Thursday and I hit my nose on the steering wheel. Blood came gushing out instantly.
I didnt go to the doctor bc I do not have medical insurance. Since the accident I have gotten black eyes and the swelling in my nose has remained. I know that I need to go to the doctor to get a ...

I think i have broken my ankle but i am not sure is there anything i can do myself to find out????

Crumbles
How can I stop being nervous about my scoliosis surgery?
I'm going to have scoliosis surgery in december. i'm gonna have to miss 2 months of school, not to mention have a 13-in scar down my back for the rest of my life. and i've been a gymnast since i was 7, but after i won't be flexible anymore so i'll have to stop.

Ă‹Ă¯ ¾
Rating
ok,just keep worring will make you worse.so stop worring.

roro
Rating
Scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine. Although it usually doesn't cause pain, scoliosis or its treatment can sometimes wound a child's self-esteem. At worst, scoliosis can interfere with the function of organs.

The spine is an elegant structure — from the side it takes the form of an elongated S, the upper back bowing outward and the lower back curving slightly inward. Viewed from behind though, the spine should appear as a straight line from the base of the neck to the tailbone. If your child has scoliosis, the view from behind may reveal one or more abnormal curves. Most cases of scoliosis don't get worse, and periodic checkups may be all that your child needs. Children with more a severe curve that continues to increase, however, may require a brace or surgery.

Rene B
Facing a major surgery can really be unnerving. However, it might help if you keep in mind that the surgery is supposed to improve your life later on. That should ease things a bit. Lotsa luck to you!

femkashi
it's going to be fine, just relax because it is part of life and things change, hey I'm sure this has a good purpose for you, so dont feel so sad because God has a purpose for everything! After difficult problems we endure, there's always a good lesson we can learn so try to Cheer up!

Canute
Rating
I have such bad scoliosis that it really looks on the x-rays as if the spine is broken. Nobody noticed this until recent years, and apart from chronic back-ache, I have suffered from problems with a knee and ankle, caused by the muscles being being incorrectly pulled by the crooked spine.

Count yourself lucky that you are receiving treatment and best of luck.

lidybeff
I think you will feel better if you come to accept that it's normal and healthy to be nervous. You'd be strange if you weren't. Once you realise this you will find yourself calming down.

You will be fine , a little sore when you wake up, but probably not nearly as bad as you are imagining. Did you get a 2nd opinion to make sure that the surgery is necessary ? If not, I would do that.

da_zoo_keeper
All I can tell you is this, it isn't a fun way to spend the holidays, however, my daughter had the same surgery about 20 years ago and everything turned out FINE! She has a scar and it is visible but very thin markings. Ask your DR. to have a plastic surgeon do the closing after the operation, they have ways that most surgeons don't use because they do so many operations. It will be tough for about 3 days after surgery BUT IT WILL GET BETTER!
You also mentioned mobility as a gymnast. Find a new way to amuse yourself because that may not be possible to pursue after the operation.
You'll be fine! Good luck.

octavio247
Rating
You need to know that you have been blessed with a good life. There are people out there who can't even walk and that scar will just serve to you as a reminder to you that you are a survivor. You will be OK it's not the end of the world. God Bless You.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, January 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy