Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

If a main artery was cut, how long would it take to die?

I need a doctors note for work.. but im not sick what do i do?
i called my work and told them i rolled my ankle and now i need a doctors note what do i do?...

Broken toe?
I think I broke my smallest toe (left foot) a couple of nights ago. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning, but is there anything else I should do for now?...

I have burned my finger making popcorn?
i got the bag out of the microwave and this burning hot oil dropped from the bag onto my finger. this was an hour ago and i kept it under water and it is now covered in a wet cloth but it is still ...

My right arm has been hurting 4 2 days and its swollen it hurts when i move it i am 13 HELP ME!?
It really hurts and my friends say to go see a doctor and that it might be serious or maybe a siss and my teacher is going to send me to the school nurse tommorrow when she is in. My mom says she ...

I have a burn blister should i pop it?

I'm hallucinating.... again!?
this time, it's auditory hollucinations, one was when the wind blew aganst my window very hard, it played the song of time from zelda, ok I know that just isn't possible. And if you haven�...

Did you ever step on?
a nail and it went thru your ...

Help Please somebody!!!!!!!!!!?
I shut my finger in the car door the other day and it still hurts really bad ,any suggestions to what I should do?

I've been putting ice on it, but it doesn'tt seem to help....

Cigarette burn?
i managed to burn my hand on a cig and its blistered like mad and really sore, can anyone give any advice to what can ease the pain or make it heal quicker....

I think i might have a broken leg/ankle?
i was running with my dogs yesterday night ( like at 9pm-10 pm )and i think that i put my foot in wrong position this morning i couldnt stand but somehow i got up and went to school i didnt felt any ...

How old were you last time you cried for physical pain? And why?
I think I was 12 when I broke my foot playing soccer.

Then I have never cried, even for really hard pain, like kidney stones or bad sprains.

I think that our pain tolerance ...

Most painful thing you've ever feltin your whole lifetime?
Im 14, and im sure ill have to endure much more painful things yet so far for me it's getting an artery in my leg accidentally sliced open by a can. the blood just flowed, and for me, who afraid ...

When should woman start having kids?

I have a bruise on my face that won't go away?
I bumped my head a month or 2 ago and i had a bruise on my face. Now it's still there?? You can see it, it's darker than the area around it. What do i do!?!?
Additional Details

What will make a carpet burn stop stinging any good ideas???
My sister has a carpet burn what can i do to make it stop stinging any good ideas??
Additional Details
SHES 5 NOT 25!!!!...

If you woke up and had a spot on the end of your nose would you go to work?

Ok so i cut myself & cant stop my arms looks like a road map can anyone help?

I smoked a joint 4 days ago. Will it show up in my piss test next Friday??
I only smoked about a halve a joint 4 days ago. Will it show up on my piss test next Friday ??...

Broken or fractured,what's the difference ?
My mother is 77 years old .She fell and fractured her hip.They put some screws in it.What's the difference between a fracture and a break.How long does a fractured hip take to heal ?...

<3... ♥ ...<3
How can I hide my cuts?
I used to cut myself. I'm trying to stop... but Iam going to an event Friday that requires no sleeves. I have marks still on my arm, and I've been using neosporin to try to heal them faster. I tried make up but you can still see them. Does anyone have any tips for hiding them? There are 5 marks by the way
Additional Details
they are not on my wrist. they are near my elbow. and are close together. a big bandaid would be obvious.

B-Dogg
first off stop doing that now thats dumb. but just say your cat did it or make up a good lie. and plus who gives a fu** what other people think

josh_johnson9
With a bandaide

cause stone cold said so
wear those long gloves that cover your forearms

Rachael
i wouldnt cover them up.
it will give you more insentive to stop.
cutting can be adictive and is unhealthy.

ashley o.
well first you might wanna work on stopping.
my friend use to cut.
they really wont go away if theyre deep.
and mederma might help.
if not, use a big bandage and say that you fell.
if not, use make up.
like the liquid cover up stuff.
or you can use bracelets or those -live strong-
rubber bracelets.
most of em'are like no more than $1.50
keep your hand to your side most of the time.
but dont look too suspicious! :]

Crystal
Rating
first really try and get help with that. Second try scare remover it takes the cut marks less noticeable, Three try a concealer that matches perfect to your skin

seriously try and talk to someone

John Ho
Rating
Well, you could just where bracelets.

linseywily
Rating
well you should not be cutting yourself anyway. well i have some ideas you can hide them by using makeup like coverup.

katiegrl5
Rating
use makeup like powder fondation or whatever

Kate F
Rating
umm use those sweat bandage things... =S

d ones u put on yur arm...

well obviously u put them on ur arm, soz.. but yhh.

[u shud REALLY try to stop cutting urself asap]

good luck <3

Rachelleee.
This is very strange
first of all i recommend you to stop!!!! cutting yourself.
its not going to get you anywhere.
but back to your question.
Im not quite sure theres anything to heal or cover them in time for this event your going to,
but i recommend going to your chemist and buying a product for stretch marks - for pregnant women
this will soften the skin around your cuts and cause them to heal with little scaring.

�ⓛⓛⓘⓔ
Rating
"You can get this make up called Dermablend, they do a version specifically designed to cover scars. I'm also pretty sure they have some waterproof stuff."

Vitamin E oil helps get rid of them also, and you can wear bracelets maybe?

xxrican chickxx
you can wear alot of bracletss, or put cover up on them, or a nice watch

khalil m
Rating
a band aid duuhhhh you can use it for cuts,brusses, and scars

Sheila r
You can find a blush and find one that fits your skin tone and then put i gentaly on the cut and that usally work!,,also try spray foundation nd i h0pe u st0p cuz u shudnt d0 dat 2 ur b0dy!!

rayj322
Use big big bandages.

Sarah H
Rating
make up is great love.

if you have to, make up an excuse, like a cat or something.

but make up works the best if you have a natural color cover up...

Try your best to stop hon, it feels so good when you do.
<3

Catlover
Rating
wear fishnets on arms with like thumbholes or just dont go. i wouldnt risk it. a little bit emo there.

hey its me!
put cover up and bronzer on them

Xkissx
well if its like a gig or something arm bands are cool you can get them in lors of shops , like in clairs they have one with band name like the beatles on them so there cool put braclets aswell good luckxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

akatsukiownage
Rating
those arm warmer things
you could pick a pretty solid color like blue or something

Mike
Rating
If theyre close together just wrap a bandage on it and do the whole "Stupid friends/neighbours/cousins dog" thing.

JeXx
Rating
Tried accesories? or there's one kind of thing that is made for skin to hide tatoos and stuff I don,t know where you get it though

horseloveraddict22
My advice, dont really worry about it.
I cut myself five times this winter as well, deep enough for scars. They're there, and I kind of regret doing it, but people dont really care.
I wear short sleeves and such to school and nobody's said anything about it to me, mainly because I had shown my best friends them before so they wouldnt freak out.
Dont worry about it, and if people do bug you about it, just tell them that you've had some problems and that its not really their business.
-hug-
Good luck and god bless.
HLA

Darkmusic
Rating
aww honey, why do you need to cut in the first place? I suggest talking to someone about it all, a councellor (at the doctors or at school) and try relaxation and/or distractions. As to the marks, you can try moisturiser, that sometimes (for me) helps scabs form and fall off quicker. Though it has to be non-perfumed, and for sensitive skin, on already formed scabs. You could try putting a plaster over them and making up a story, or just leave them and hope for the best. there are wrist bands that you could use, or a watch (even on uniforms they sould allow watches). Ive given up trying to hide my scars, and most of the time most people don't even blink an eye.
Try to get help sweetie, I know what it feels like to SH, and there are ways out. Good Luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy