Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I stepped on a nail today --- What would happen if I left it untreated?
I stepped on a nail today --it went through my shoe -- stuck in my foot -- not sure how deep -- took off shoe and sock -- used a first aid towelette thing -- an hour later put some hydrogen peroxide ...

Plz dont laugh?
i am obsessed with spraining my ankle but i cant do it any ideas i only did it once when i wuz 11 and wont to do it again coz i didnt tell anyone but it kinda felt ...

What would hurt less-Falling from a bridge, being hit by a train or being shot in the head-I NEED TO KNOW?
PLEASE HELP ME...

What is the most painfull thing you have ever stubbed your toe on?
And where is the funniest?
What are the storys behind them?...

Should i press charges? or sue? i was assaulted and battered by another kid at my school.....?
he called me a couple fridays ago sayin he was goin to stab me at school or if he sees me in public
then on monday i was goin to the park to play ball and i was gettin a ride from a friend who ...

URGENT: HELP... please! this just now happend!!?
okay so im watching a movie, and th lights are off. So my mom comes down stairs and asked me to pick up the guitarr hero guitar of the ground. so i get up and pick up the guitar off the ground and ...

I was strangled yesterday and?
today there is this swelling in my neck and when i touch it, it hurts!
Additional Details
well, he strangled me because he was angry ...

What do you think is wrong with my leg?
I do cheerleading. I can do splits and jumps and everything. Lately, as in the last month or so, My inner thigh has REALLY been bothering me when I do a split or a jump or stretch. About 5 days ago, ...

Why do I do it if it hurts?
I have had a bike crash and a few cuts and bruises...which I tend to rub and press to feel the pain. I surprised myself enjoying the pain!! Is it normal?
Additional Details

Its all fun and games until??
And please don't say any of that "someone gets hurt" or "loses an eye" BS

Think ...

What is the correct name for a Doctor that check "dead bodies"?

What are easy ways to break my ankle?

Help OMG please someone help me !!!!??? =[?
I was blowing up a balloon and then it popped and flicked me RIGHT IN THE EYE. and omg it hurts so bad.i cant even open my eye right now. it happend like 5 min ago. Is something wrong ? Do i need to ...

How do I break my arm?
I need to break my arm to get out of P.E. I need to do 72 hours of physical activity for school, and I don't want to do it. How do I get out of it by breaking my arm?...

What will help a torn hamstring?
It has been about 3 weeks now since the tear. I play softball and really want to go all out, but unfortunately can't. What will help me out when playing softball, so that it will not bother me ...

WHO WANTS 10 POINTS? HELP PLZ!!!! i injured my wrist been been few months now READ ON...?
i use 2 break dance well not dat im a break dancer biggining 2 so i use 2 b able 2 stand on my hands however in one of those times while i was standing on my hands idk how my right arm fractured or ...

Ive gone mad!!please answers this!!!?
I hate myself and I cut down my arms all the time whenever i eat and then i throw it up please help because im 13 5ft 3 and weigh eight and a half stone I know that is fat please help
A...

What is eye doctor called?
eye ...

How do i know if my hand is broken?
it hurts, i cant move it very well, its very swollen but i didnt hear a crack when it happened
Additional Details
im at school and i ...

Has anyone heard of a hospital not wrapping broken ribs?
June of 2006 I fell off a roof and broke my right shoulder, left arm resulting in surgery and multiable broken ribs. Salina Regional Health, a hospital in Salina, Ks never wrapped or administered any ...

”*°••°*˜.::THE PG 13::.˜*°••°*”
Help ive cut myself and i feel like cutting myself again how do i stop thinking about it?
welll... how?
Additional Details
cut my self like an emo ...

ayyooo
Rating
well ive had friends with this problem, and i cant really answer your question because i dont know that reason for you cutting but i think that if you truly want to stop that you wont do it anymore.

Bo
i just cut my chest and my legs with a bottle tab for the first time today. i dont know what got into me.
i say get some help, even talking to your friends will help.
cutting doesnt solve anything.
seriously. i did it once, im not doing it again.
get addicted to the internet. it fuels my insomnia.
nah, dont do that. express whatever youre feeling by drawing, singing (thats what i do) or playing an instrument.
hey, you might even get so good you get famous. =]

jimbotopper
Rating
Try taking up the Rubik's Cube. Study it. Practice it. Learn how to solve it. Then learn how to solve it faster. Get obsessed with it and try to get your time under 10 seconds. Don't worry about anything else accept your school work, eating, sleeping, being polite with others, and peeing pooping (although girls can still practice the cube while doing both these activities). Learn how to take it apart and sand the pieces to make it turn smoother. Try different colored stickers. Get multiple cubes, one for each room that you spend time in (including the bathroom).

Finally, in the mean time, talk to someone about your problem. Parents or teacher or counselor. Someone.

Lemming
Do something that forces you to focus. Do you have video games? Play those; you have to concentrate on what you're doing in the game, and everything else gets pushed to the back of your mind. Even if you don't own a system or any CDs, you can play something like Minesweeper, which pretty much computer has (and should have!).

IVAN EP
uhhh... will power? Why would you want to do that doesnt it hurt?

Sheila
Rating
call a friend.
pop a rubberband around your wrist.
talk you whoever you live with
play with a pet
do sit ups
ANYTHING

Julie ♥'s the Jonas Brothers
dont be emo.

please.

Marie N
Rating
self harming makes you obssesive about hurting yourself, the main way to stop thinking about it is to tell someone to stop you from doing it. have you told anyone about this, you will need some therapy, it will take a while to stop for good, good luck.

Jason L.
Rating
I understand that cutting may feel like a release of anxiety in the moment. You expressing it on a public board is huge and acknowledging the issue is the first step towards recovery. Try to identify your triggers and breathe or do another activity that is outside the focus of yourself. Also you may want to look at the website below if this posts. Maybe Cognitive Behavioral Therapy may work but as others suggested I would contact a therapist or your school counselor (if applicable) and I am sure they have resources. You are not alone in this world.

Phil
Rating
You need to call a crisis hotline and talk to someone about it. They can talk you through the next few minutes, and they can refer you to a place where you can get counseling, which you seriously need. Good luck! I'll pray for you!

honey love
get help. and bandaids. just find a hobby. and do it when ever you think about it

mz_real
go see a doctor, sounds like a trip to stay on the 5th floor

pepper514
Rating
see a doctor of psychologist immediatley!

as1mplek1nd0fl1fe
Rating
I was in the hospital for an eating disorder and, while I do not purge, one of the things they do to stop people from purging is to stick their fingers in ice so they can't purge. Eventually they can just sit on their hands to control their urge and with even more time they don't need to do anything. Try doing that but with both of your hands.

Also, along the same lines, holding ice gives you the same release as cutting does. It sounds dumb... but try it.

Louis Friend
i think people cut themselves because they want to feel their emotional pain as physical pain.

maybe the next time u want to cut yourself, go the gym and get cut! do some bench press and feel the burn.

honestly tho that sounds like a serious problem u should seek help.

charmedone019
Get some help. I cut myself from the ages of 12-19. Not the best times of my life. I started seeing a therapist when I was 16. It helps to talk about the pain you are going through. I hated my life, and to this day, its not the best life. But at least I dont have to look at ugly scars anymore and I dont have to hide anything from people.

Bella
Rating
I used to do the same thing. But one day one of my friends saw my cuts and he had the most disappointed look on his face. That hurt so much. After his initial disapointment, he asked why I did it. I told him why. He then asked me if it solved the problem or made it go away or helped at all. I realized the answer was no. It might feel 'right' when you do it but does it really solve anything? It doesn't. My solution was to talk about it. If you don't feel comfortable talking about it, write about it. That helps too. Trust me, it helped me. Writing made me realize why I started. Or just listen to music. That's a HUGE reliever for me.

roxy <33
Well i have to admit. I used to cut my self. Its a really hard thing to quit by yourself, sometimes you even have to get professional help. Maybe you could talk to someone you completely trust. If it doesn't help maybe you should tell your parents and let them take you to a therapist...that's what happened to me.

Caroline S
Take to your parents and a doctor

SilentRedRose
Rating
Type a letter to yourself about how you are feeling. Print it out and read it to yourself outloud then silently.

Good luck. :)

matt
Rating
don't be an idiot

Dwilliams
Rating
I think you should love yourself enough to not want to hurt yourself. Stay close to your family and friends that can be positive and encourage you.

mariaaa!
write sad poems instead.

Kaybee
you need to get help

MarD.
If you are serious, I have a cousin that use to cut her arms, where you couldn't see, her legs, stomache, and her neck where her hair covered, she finally cut her wrists, and was given help., thank God!! please get help

cathee90
find a hobby. or a friend to talk to

Lexy
Find a professional who can help you understand why you need to cut yourself. You have issues that you need to identify and understand.

mystique
You need to talk to someone you trust.
Cutting is the result of pent up anger and frustration. By talking you let out these feelings and the need to cut goes away.

cmartin3393
Rating
Go see a doctor of psychologist immediatley!!!

IM SOFA KING WE TODD ED! HA HA!!
Rating
try to keep yourself busy and try to stay around people. this can prevent you from doin it as often and also maybe you should talk to someone close like parents or a counselor

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy