Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I've started lifting weights. Yesterday I worked my arms, and today my elbows are very sore. Normal?
Is this a normal symptom of beginning to lift weights, or have I overexerted myself? I did some basic curls, benched a bit, and did some pushups....

How do I get a cork out of my rear?
I fell on a wine bottle, it went up my butt.(it hurt this is not funny) Now the cork is stuck up there. What do I do?
Additional Details

Is it legal for a hospital to make a 5-year old girl with severe fracture wait for 6 hours?
the 5-yr old girl got fractured and was in extreme pain - the hospital in town couldn't treat her, so they asked her to be taken to another town 1 hour from here. In that hospital the doctor ...

Iv`e got in ingrowing pube .............help please?

If you fall asleep in the bath will you wake up before you drown?

Should i have my finger amputated?
I was in a motorbike crash in january and was very badly injured. I broke 19 bones. I have made a good recovery but still have problems with my right hand. the most notice able is that my little ...

Underneath my left eye you can see it beating!! help!!?
and when i touch it , i can feel a pulse and its scaring me!! it looks like a twitch, but its not, its like a beating vein! and its noticable!! please help!! im so freaked out!!
Additional D...

Is it bad if i get hit in the head everyday?
Well I'm 14 years old and i get hit in the head pretty much everyday. I get hit in the head because my sister hits me every day. And HARD too. She is 16 years old and hits really hard.My mom ...

What is the worst injury you have ever had and how did it happen??
and don't say a broken heart!...

I woke up with a scratch on my arm?
I have no idea why. I have this big gash on my arm and i can't figure out what it's from. I didn't have a dream last night either... and I don't think I scratched myself. Does ...

Is you second toe longer than your first toe?

What is it called? Please help!?
When you brake a leg or legs, and doctor gives you those two things, that you have to walk with, what is it called?
Thanks!...

Do you think you would die if?
you recieved all the injuries you ever sustained at once?...

I hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen?
i hit my face it is now swollen how do i reduce the swollen. I am not sure if I can still use some ice bacause this happened over 24 hrs ago. any ideas?...

Can you die from any internal bleeding? this is important..?
My boyfriend went to the doctor the other day because they said that they found protien in his urine and he may have internal bleeding. He went back today and it was positive that he does have ...

What is the worst injury that you have ever suffered and how did you do it??????????????

I got bit by a dog. What are some of the symptoms I might have if the dog has rabies.?

What happens when you swallow a quarter?

Additional Details
For those of you wondering ,it was'nt me, it was my boyfriend,his friend thought it would be funny to put it perfectly on top of his beer bottle,and he ...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH Me!!??
I was in class and we were working on a class play when i was pushed and i hit my head HARD on the cement floor. I went home after that and i feel: REALLY tired, its hard to walk straight and, i am ...

Finger help!?
This Friday, I had got my right middle and ring fingers caught in the part of the garage door that bends, I got it treated immeadeatly, but I still have little little purple-ish pink marks on my ...

Rose
Help OMG please someone help me !!!!??? =[?
I was blowing up a balloon and then it popped and flicked me RIGHT IN THE EYE. and omg it hurts so bad.i cant even open my eye right now. it happend like 5 min ago. Is something wrong ? Do i need to see doctor ? Or will it go away ?? I need an answer ASAP and a reasonable one

Thank you so much

Heather N
Rating
Two options. Go to the ER, or go see and eye doctor in the morning. In the meantime, put some ice on it, wrapped in an washcloth.

Mr. Bugsme
You should see a Dr. In the meantime, I would put ice on your eyelid and see if the swelling goes down.

Nobody
Rating
your eye hurts yet you can type? interesting.

put ice on it. if it continues to get worse go to the hospital.

TwinkaTee
Rating
Ouch! Just relax and keep it closed. Get a warm compress and put it on your eye. You should be able to open it in the next hour. Once it opens, check for redness or damage. You may need to see an optometrist if you see injury.

lovelykay_17
it will go away

♡ M. Shadows ♡
Rating
DO NOT MOVE ILL BE THERE IN A MINUTE

lambdachi525
Rating
go to the doctor. You could have an eye injury and could loose sight in your eye. WHy waste time on here waiting for an answer when you could just go to the emergency room and get it checked out.

Rabeka82
Rating
You should see a doctor asap. That happened to my mom when i was younger and she had to wear a patch over her eye for at least a week or too. Maybe that wont happen to you but you better be saf than sorry.

bloodducky999
Rating
i would take my hands and open my eye slowly if it hurts and see if there is anything in it... use a mirror oviously... try to get it out.. if it doesnt go away then u need a doctor give it a lil time though

i_love_candy
Rating
put a lil ice on it for a bit and if it doesnt work, call yer mom or a doctor
good luckkkk

Janine
if you can't open your eye by the time you wake up in the morning, you should call the doctor. i have never heard of this happening but it sounds like it could be serious, but don't freak out. try rinsing your eye out with water or visine. something like that. aww feel better! that sounds painful!

Spark of Insanity
Rating
Five minutes ago? I wouldn't worry about the doctor just yet. Flush your eye with cold running water for 10 minutes to help the sting and pain go down. Give yourself about 2 hours and see if vision returns or if you can open it. If not, consult a doctor. It is POSSIBLE, although highly unlikely that you may have scratched your cornea as the balloon popped, but that again is unlikely

Prince Yahoo!
Rating
it will

kevin O
Rating
if it really hurts go call a doctor. Or get someone else to check it out for you, any roomates or parents around, maybe even a neighbor can help.

two_kee_kees
Rating
You may have injured your eye. If it continues to hurt in the next hour or so, you might want to see a doctor. I wouldn't mess around with your eyes.

mybuddyeric
It sounds like if there's no blood, that the balloon just flicked your retina. If you can still see out of your eye, it might be okay. If you have blurred vision (I'm assuming you don't wear contacts/glasses), you should consider calling your family doctor. If the pain doesn't go away after an hour or so, also consider calling your doctor. I'm sorry your poor eye got hit; please take care.

ghilliemarine
Flush your eye out with water, then if it still hurts in 10-20min, go and see a doctor.

DefiantRican
Chances are it just bruised your eye, however eyes are something you should not play with. I would wait a while and see what happens. Keep trying to open your eye so it can water and possibly remove any piece of balloon left in there. Hope you feel better soon.

♥Music or Misery♥
Rating
ya you need to see a doctor!!! it has to come out of your eye!!! wow geez i hope all goes well!!! good luck!!!!! oh ya and you can call the doctors office and ask them what to do if a balloon piece is in your eye! hope this helps!

RayeKaye
Rating
Balloons are covered with starchy material that prevents sticking to itself - if this got in your eye, you need to run cool water into the open eye for at least 10 minutes. This will NOT feel good. Use a cool pack on it afterward. You might wake up with a black eye, and if it feels like there is "sand" in your eye tomorrow, go see a doctor. You may have injured your eye and might need medication.

phil f
Place a damp cloth over your eye and keep it closed, if there is a lesion (damage that you can see) to the eye go to the ER and get a doctor to see it. If it just hurts and waters like crazy but you cant see any damage then you are probably ok to just keep it closed and keep a cloth on it till it stops hurting.

para
i once got a fist sized chunk of clay dropped on my eye from4 or 5 foot . if it aint bleeding youre fine

AJ
Rating
yes it will go

do not move ur eye i mean don not open it.....

have you got ice, put ice on cloth and jsut put it on ur eye or watch ur eye in cold water but donot open it,

it will be ok

kattsmeow
Rating
If it doesn't hurt, but waters while you keep it close, you probably have scratch your eye. In order to be comfortable, you need to see a doctor or go to an emergency ward to get an antibiotic save and possible a salve that numbs the eye. It can be very painful, I waited all day, about 12 hours before I ever went to a doctor. I put myself through a lot of pain I didn't need to.

JB
Give it awhile. Try to put on a cool cloth and keep your eye closed. If it isn't better after an hour or so, you may have scratched your cornea. They can check you out in the ER, you will probably have to go to the eye doctor to follow up.

IcanoutfishU
Rating
Don't panic, put a cold cold wash cloth on it and go to bed. The most they are going to do (unless it's bleeding) is to put an eye patch on it and eyes heal very fast...should be better by morning, if not go see your regular doctor.

Max Power
Get it looked at. You don't want to mess up your eyes. better safe than taking the chance of having something go wrong in the future.

PunK RokkR
yeah
im pretty sure you'll be ok
that happened 2 me once, and my eye's fine

maddog27271
Rating
Not sure if you have the patience to read all the way down to this answer, but I saw a few suggestions to put ice on your eye
************ NEVER EVER PUT ICE ON OR NEAR YOUR EYE, EVEN WRAPPED IN A CLOTH!!!! ****************
It would really be a good idea to seek out actual medical help!

butteryflyorion
be very careful, your eye might fall out.

ok, no, but i think just keeping it closed and then putting in some eye drops or cold water to ease the pain should keep it happy. Make sure no rubber is stuck under ur lid. If it still bothers u tomorrow, check it out.

be careful next time ya klutz! hope ur eye feels better :)

faith♥missouri
If your typing on the computer, I would say it isn't hurting bad enough to rush to the Hospital. But if you did injure your eye (Ball) then a Doctor will need to look at it.
Sorry about your eye.

~faith

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 22, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy