Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

When you get a cut, what do you do to make it heal?
A regular cut takes a very long time to heal completely. What should I do? I want it to heal fast. And yes i do eat a lot of fruit so i have enough vitamins.
When my hamster bit me 2 weeks ago, ...

Can anyone figure out whats wrong with me?
i dont really know how to describe it but basically my head somethimes feels like its guna explode and feels really tight, like if i bend over to pick something up of the floor it really hurts, it ...

Have you ever had an accident at work?
I did today, tripped over a hoover, and fell on top of my work mate, I hurt her back, and i have a bruise on my leg, but it is recorded in the accident book, we had a good laugh about it!
A...

Can you break a bone in your hand if you punch a wall?

I've got the same pants on as I had on yesterday....is this really bad for me?

My friend sat on a toilet at work, and it collapsed...?
it fell with her on it, shattered everywhere, and she is sore from the fall, but not cut(luckily)... does she have a case???...
im not sure where to catagorize this one......

Ive burnt my little finger how do i stop it hurtin so much?
its in a cup of iced water at the moment but wen i take it out it ...

My mouth has been scalded by some hot soup in a hotel. What would you do?
I had a bowl of soup in a hotel today and the soup was so hot that it has burned the roof of my mouth. The staff, in the hotel, were not at all interested. The manager filled in an accident form ...

How Can I get rid of a Black eye by tomorrow?
My dog hit me and I got a black eye ! [He's a boxer ] I really need to get rid of it by tomorrow because I'm going to a family reunion and they are going to make fun of me! Please help I ...

What are signs of a broken rib?

If your partner ended up paralysed from the neck down and was kept alive by machines?
if they asked you to turn the machine off could you do it?...

Could I have a little sympathy please?
I've just fallen over in the garden and my knees hurt - owwww! No one here to sympathise, so I call on you out there in yahoo land. Ow again! (I hasten to add, I don't need first aid, just ...

My husband stepped on a rusted nail today, what Antibiotics are good for infection?
My husband fell off a ladder and landed on a rusted nail. The nail went through his shoe, in the ball of his foot and went in pretty deep, he thinks it hit the bone in his big toe or maybe a tendon. H...

Where is the oddist place u have been biten?
i have been biten on my chest it hurts i have put cream on it but it ...

I think my 2 month old pitbull leg is fractured, What do I do?

What should you do if you had an ingrown toenail?
i have had an ingrown toenail for about a week and it didnt start hurting until this morning when i woke up. what should i do 2 get rid of it or itleast make it stop hurting bcuz i have softball ...

Does pee cure a black eye?

How can I make bruising disapear quicker - I have a black eye!!! :-(?

Additional Details
I had a little clubbing incident for all of you that want to know!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!...

What is your belly button?
I know your belly button is where the umbilical cord broke off, but what is the point of it? Can it be surgically removed without harm? Why are people so squeemish about them? Just for fun!...

Swollen newly peirced ears?
i had my ears peirced 3 weeks ago, 2 on my ear lobes and one at the top. a few days after getting them done the left bottom one swelled up. went down, with some extra cleaning and was no problem. ...

Gotexas(lol)
Help Me this is serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
My knee has been hurting me for about three weeks now. I first noticed it when I was playing in a softball game and I slid into second base. The next day it hurt very bad. And every day it has been painful. We tried iceing it and heating it and we treid a knee brace but none of those seem to work. My parents tell me every day oh you'll be fine, or it'll feel beter tommorow but it never does. Do you have any idea what i did to it? what do you think I should do. Finally should I use something to support it. Thanks for your help!
I AM 11
There is tenderness when I prees it and I can't bend it all that far. It hurts when I run and my parents still make me play ball on it.

Me
Tell your parents to lay off a bit. However, you need to stretch the leg. Don't keep it immobile. You would be able to tell if it was broken, obviously, or fractured. Just move it a bit. It's probably nothing serious. But if it gets worse, you should see a physician.

spicygurl69
hi there
lay down and put a cold rag or ice on it and the throbbing should go away

Ashly B
i know this is just when u grow fast and ur bone grows faster than ur muscle it hurts aslot. i had this when i was 5,7,8,10 and now

Mags
They shouldnt you need rest you could have slid the cap or strained it

bobanalyst
Talk to your school nurse.

Rachel L
Rating
I would refuse to do anything until they take you to the doc. You could be doing mroe damage by not seeking medical attention.

kzed
You really need to go see a doctor. You also need to keep off of it until you see your doctor. I am not really sure what you did to it, but you could have twisted it, or sprained, or even cracked it a little. To support it you should just lay in bed and keep off of your knee. Maybe prop it up with a pillow and apply an ice pack to it as needed. So make sure you don't play any more baseball until you go to doctor and it is healed.

John S2005
Stop the sport immediately otherwise you could cause further problems.You should see a doctor and have an x-ray. This will show if there is any damage to the bone. More likely is that there is damage to the soft tissue, cartillage, in the joint. This would show up on an MRI scan. You may have to have an operation but it would normally take about an hour and you may be able to go home the same day.

d' dawn
Rating
You definitely need to have a dr. look at your knee. If you have pain and decreased range of motion, it warrants a dr. visit. You need to make sure your parents understand this is not a routine sports bump or bruise. Explain to them how severe the pain is and you don't feel comfortable playing on your knee like this any more. If they don't respond, you need to talk to your coach, tell him all the details: when it started hurting, the ice vs. heat, brace, range of motion, and pain. Maybe he can step in and help advise your parents. Good luck.

theygrewagain
Rating
Your parents are either cheap or neglectful.

If they won't take you to the doctor, just show up at the emergency room at your local hospital and explain your parents won't take you to the doctor and you're in pain.

They'll follow up with your parents and hopefully DHS.

Good Luck!

lodiva1bw
Rating
It sounds like you might have tore a ligament in your leg. Ask your parents if you can go to the doctor if it is hurting that bad. You will probably need to be x-rayed! Good Luck! =)

living life 4 Christ ♥
Rating
Yeah...Go to a doctor ASAP

uber doober [♥]
Rating
Go to the doctor! You may end up making a not so serious injury way worse if you continue to play ball on it! It is very important to get it x-rayed and get some professional medical advise because you can end up having serious problems with your knee! Don't mess around with this, make them understand that you want to go to the doctor.

The FFX Blitz â„¢
Just go the the doctor already.

Info Inquisitor
Rating
Go to a doctor, if your parents won't take you and tell you to walk it off (no pun intended), then go in yourself. An injury for 3 weeks is certainly worth checking on

tooglamorous95
you might have misplaced the knee bone or boke a tendent the thing that holds the muscle

Mauri
Rating
i think you have to go to the hospital, so they can check it out

Thisisme
There are many things that could have happened... one possibility is that you overstretched a tendon or something... in any case, you should really rest it as much as possible so that it can heal on its own if you're not going to go in to have it x-rayed and looked at by a dr.

mellykelly
you need to see a doctor if it has gone on this long. kids usually heal quickly. your injury needs professional attention.

mvsopen
Rating
Please see a doctor. Any pain that persists more than a few days should be checked by a qualified expert. It could be nothing, or it could be serious. You can't tell until you visit a doctor. Meanwhile, stop running and playing ball until you visit your doctor. You may be making things worse by continuing to exercise your knee.

paulie
first of all what is wrong with your parents...if they don't listen go t another closer family adult, NOW!!! first of all it sounds like you tore your ACL ..YOU HAVE TO GO AND SEE A DOCTOR ASAP--WHICH MEANS NOW TODAY----->> YESTERDAY, anyway mean while you can wrap it with an ace bandage to minimize movement..you also have to stop walking on it , because if not you could be causing more damage which in the long run it will not help you..

jsun
Rating
First of all, you should not be playing ball with a knee injury--it can cause further injury. Secondly, you need to see a doctor to make sure it's nothing serious. It could be anything from a ligament/tendon problem to a cartilage or joint problem. As far as support goes, it's hard to say without any knowledge of what the injury is. Your doctor will be able to tell you what you need to do. :)

Also, I hope you feel better soon!

Cheaze
Rating
You should go to a doctor and get it checked immediately, because you never know if it can turn into something else that could affect your whole life.
I had the same thing in my shoulder. It was some kind of tear, and I couldn't throw when I played softball.

Good luck and get well,
Liz

Tina
Rating
You need to see a doctor ASAP! Before it gets worse.

prettysprinklestaryumyum
Rating
This happened to my sister. It turns out she actually knocked her knee cap out of place, like, off to the side of her knee. She had surgery and she feels better now, but you really need to talk to a doctor.

NAQ
tell your parents to take you to a doctor. you probably tore something.

Alex
If you have swelling, you have a problem.
If your parents won't take you to the doctor,
tell your coach!

Three weeks is way too long to go with tenderness,
you must see a doctor.

Failure to tend to a childs well being is child abuse in most states. Your folks, for whatever reason, (maybe not having money) have denied you appropriate medical care.

logan28
Rating
You need to see a doctor right away. Your parents should be more concerned.

Tigger
Rating
Your parents are making a mistake. I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that something got torn in your knee. You should see a doctor about it, especially one that knows sports-related injuries.

Peach
I'd call an immediate care center and explain your symptoms to them and ask their opinion. Perhaps that would persuade your parents into taking you to the doctor. I do not think this is something to take lightly, especially if heat and cold did not work!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy