Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Ok, can sum1 tell me if they know about this a little more than I do- knee ligaments?
2 years ago i was flung off a games pony but b4 i landed on the ground, i had a crash and another horse booted me on the knee in mid air. My knee ligaments are still weird ever since, an have not ...

Help me, i don't know what to do.?
my left shoulder blade is killing me, it hurts so bad. I feel like I am dying, or maybe its just me over thinking it because it is killing me. I rub it and lay on the heating pad, or rub some tiger ...

Is drawing blood supposed to hurt?
Hey guys,

I drew blood on Friday and I think something isn't right. I have small veins so whenever I draw blood I let the people doing it know, but they ignore me anyway. One time I ...

How to relieve soreness?
I started training to be a caddy on 4/5/08 and on the second week of training we had to run and ever since then my legs have been very very sore...and now every time we have to run i'm always ...

Do you think I've dislocated my shoulder?
Alright, so in gym the other day, I was playing handball. I jumped into the air to block a pass, but the kid who was meant to recieve it jumped as well, and I smashed my shoulder into his chest. I ...

Help me decide?
i'm chris..i just had my ankle sprained and there's no way i can walk on it....it hurts really really bad....the problem is that tommorow i'm having a birthday party with many friends ...

Have you ever dislocated your shoulder?
How long did it take to heal?
How did you do it?...

Did i sprain my ankle or fracture my foot?
I was walking down the stairs when my friend yelled my name and surprised me. This caused me to land on my foot funny in a way that bent my ankle 90 degrees toward the left. This morning I can move ...

Has anyone ever had their foot ran over by a car?
I was crossing the road today and all of the sudden this crazy driver raced out of no where almost running over my foot!! my feet was only an inch away from his car wheels!! i was so upset that he ...

Old injury?
i had a car accident in 2004 it was pretty bad. i did get some slight neck pain on my left side. i didn't go to the hospital cuz it wasn't nothing. but suddenly for the past day and a ...

What does a skull fracture feel like?
I fell like 4 feet through a bush and hurt my head alittle on wood chips. The spot feels alittle sore, only when I touch it. What are other symptoms of head trauma?...

I hurt my knee i need help please?
i was playing soccer and i jump to try to head the ball and i landed on my left leg and i felt my knee wanted to pop but it didn't!! now i walk and is weak and it hurts, when walking it kind of ...

I_know_all
Has your ankle ever been the same after it healed from a sprain?
I sprained my ankle a while ago kickboxing. It took almost 4 weeks to heal. And those 4 weeks were very boring. All i did was care for my ankle. And 4 weeks later I got an X-ray and the doctors said my ankle was fine. Now I can run and walk fine, but I still cant move my foot the same.
Anyone else have this problem??

James B
Rating
yes, the injury, while not painful anymore, has caused near-permanent damage. Unfortunately, the tendon will not ever heal completely. However, you should have normal movement and shouldn't feel any pain from the ankle.

versantly
Rating
soft tissue injuries like sprains can take up to a year to heal. ask your orthopedist for a referral to physical therapy.

futuredoc
I sprained my ankle 4 years ago while cliff walking on our graduation trip, i resprained it a year later on a step, and it hasn't been the same, its very weak I keep reinjuring it in gymnastics and basketball and it hurts even when I am not using it, I had physical therapy for 2 months this year becuase it still hurts and is weak, but it didnt really strengthen it, also ever since i injured it turns diffrent colors such as purple, and red at diffrent times, so I guess the answer is no its never the same again

Robert B
Yes then I figured out this stuff.
http://www.helium.com/tm/148271
The longer you have had the injury the harder it is to fix.

Michael
Rating
A sprain is when you stretch a ligament (connects bone to bone) and a strain is tendon damage just to get that out there for some people. Ligaments once stretched never are the same again. The only way you can try to get your ankle back is to strengthen the key muscles surrounding the ankle and foot. Doing ankle exercise, although boring and tedious is the only way to ever recover near back to how you were to begin with. Here are some good exercises to get you back to where you were.
http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handouts/anklesprain/anklesprain.html

pengfoot
The key to getting your ankle and foot back from a ankle sprain is to go to physical therapy. They are the ones that will get the foot moving the way it was before. I sprained my L ankle very recently and after a time of healing (2-3 weeks for me), I moved my ankle around a lot and sought one of my PT friends for suggestions on how to get my ankle moving better. Now my L ankle/foot moves just like it did before the injury. Have your doctor send you to PT and that will help get your foot motion back. Hope this helps!

Hockeyluver
Yea in hockey.

Aleks
Yes, it's very normal because all you are doing each time you sprain it is stretching the tendons and ligaments. It is actually better to break your ankle and have it fully recover then sprain it numerously. Rest it a little longer and be careful.
Good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy