Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I am recovering from a toe injury,I'm going to see my dr On Monday?I am worried he might give me the ok?
i am stressed worrying about going back to work.The thing is,part of me doesn't want to go back to work,because of my being stressed,and the possibility of maybe going on strike in a couple of ...

What does a cracked rib feel like?
I got a bit drunk the other day, and bumped into a high table in a bar. Since then, my rib has waves of pain in it, not constant, but now and then. It kinda hurts.

Any Doctors in the house?...

Why is my foot so cold?
i recently pulled a ligament in my right ankle. it was, needless to say, very painful, swollen and red for a few days. this has now gone, but my foot is constantly feeling cold. i do suffer from '...

If i have a muscle pulled around my heart..is it safe to cheer?
i went to the doctor monday and they said i suppositly had a pulled muscle around my heart..and my parents said i shouldnt stunt at the games..my dad doesnt think it really is a muscle because it ...

I sprained my foo about 4 monthes ago?
it was very badly bruised i didnt go hospital. now i cannot run probably or kick any thing without it causing me a lot of pain 4 a few minutes what could b the matter is it posible that i damaged any ...

How many of you just cant resist to pick a scab?
it no its rank but its my thing and we all do it.
dont deny it.
Additional Details
lol.

im a picker i love a good sit on the couch and just pick your way to heaven.
<...

Why does getting hurt make my body numb?
When I get hurt like stub my toe or bang my elbow on the wall my body goes numb and I feel like I can't stand anymore and I fall to the ground.
Additional Details
When I get hurt ...

If you were to have surgery, where would you look to make sure your doctor?
was good at his profession, good at the type of surgery you needed? Is there some place I could check to see if he had any suits against him?...

Should i Be able to sue my school??
well it was pouring down rain here this morning and i was running around and suddenly crash, i had slipped into a missing paver hole...you couldnt see it cause it was covered up with water ike the ...

My hand is killing me, it hurts so badly?
My hand is killing me?
am 14 years old and on Monday I was playing with my friend and my right hand collided very hard several times very hard with my friends knee and knuckle. Today my hand ...

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A BONe????
THIS MIGHT SOUND FUNNY, HAHAHA YES IT IS BUT I HATE WHEN PEOPLE MAKE FUNNY OF ME, AND I FREEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY PERSONG IN THE WROLD WITH A BROKEN NOSE, WHEN I WAS ABOUT FOUR I FELL DOWN THE STAI...

I am from the United States and am visiting Canada, I am in pain and need a prescription, but I have no doctor
I have been in Canada for a month now and I injured my ankle falling down icy steps... Healthcare is free for Canadians up here but not for Americans, I have insurance but they say I have to pay for ...

Tennis elbow, please let me know if you have discovered a pain relief,?
I have had the chronic pain in my arm and sometimes in my shoulder for over a month. I had a cortisone injection 6 days ago, I have tried the sports supports and Painkilling gel, nothing works!
<...

How do u treat a fracture?
i got hert by a ball at soft ball and i have a small fracture on my wrist and the docter said that it will heal by it self but it herts so ...

Sprained or broken wrist?
Back in January I took a fall off my horse. I know I did something funny to my thumb and wrist. It hurt right away. I figured it was just sprained. Since then the pain has been off and on the ...

I have a ankle problem, my parents and my doctor is telling me to stop. I really dont want to tho. What i do?
ok, at the end i said, wat i do because there wasnt enough room. But tell me, my doctor told me to stop. But i dont want to. I want to stay fit, and i want to do sport. Should i listen to them, or ...

Is my toe broken?
I was playing basketball when my big toe was stepped on. It hurt and i kept playing. When i was done playing i looked at it and it was badly swollen. I could still move it though. I wouldn't put ...

Help urgent plz?
ok i broke my left arm about 5 minutes ago it is in a s-shape and i am typing with my right and my parents wont be home for 1 1/2 hours should I wait for them or call 911 because i have no other way ...

What did I do to my ribs?
So I was snowboardin bout 5 days ago and ate it hard. it was like i got the wind knocked out of me. Took me a while 2 get up.
So now I have like swellin (hope its not a bone though) and it ...

Have you ever broken ankle?
have you ever broke your ankle? when does it ever get back to normal?...

kill_a_watt123
Gah just got a rusty nail into my foot what to do!?
i just stepped on a small nail it went in like half an inch and was pretty rusty , i took it out the moment it got in. do i have to go to the doctors asap? shiat what do i do

Paramedic Girl
Rating
Make sure you clean that area really well and get yourself in for a tetnus shot right away.

ambergail1
Go, go, go. Don't stand here talking to us dorks. Go to the doc. You gotta get a shot and get it properly cleaned. However, since the docs are closed now, you can wait until the morning and make an apt. If you go to the ER at this time of night you will be in there all night. But go FIRST THING in the AM. Don't want you getting lock jaw.

pengfoot
Rating
Rusty nail = possible tentanus and you haven't gotten a shot yet you should go to your nearest urgent care or ER to get a booster. You should also get a x-ray to be sure that the nail didn't puncture the bone. Don't blow it off and get it checked out soon.

Stephanie
Rating
As the others stated you need a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the last 5 years (applies to a dirty wound like yours).

Otherwise, soak your foot in a betadine solution for at least 15 minutes, and scrub the puncture site with the betadine.

Apply antibiotic ointment to the site after soaking it.

Monitor the site for redness, warmth, pain, etc.... all indicate you need an antibiotic.

Dirty D
Yes go to the doctor and get yourself a tetanus shot.

campuskatz
Clean the wound with soap and water and then an antiseptic. Apply some first aid cream (Neosporine) and bandage. Next, contact your doctor because you should get a tetanus shot (unless you have had one recently). Depending on how bad wound is the doctor my also prescribe antibiotics.

davo
yes go to the doctor straight away there's that new infection that make part of your body fall off called rustitess

natalie
clean the area real good and make sure you have had a tetnus shot

PuggetAboutIt!
You gotta go get a tetanus shot asap.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy