Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How do I know if this is a paper cut?! NEED HELP FAST PLZ?
I cut myself on paper and it huuuuuuuuurts
WHAT DO I DO?! please ...

Where can i brake my arm?
I had a bet with my friend that whatever experiences he goes through, i do too. He broke his arm a month ago and now im thinking about honouring our deal. Any ...

VERY mysterious question! please help!?
I was with my friends one staurday night, way later in the
evening, say 11:00 pm - 2:00 am, and we were walking on the sand right on the beach. My friend was walking closest to the water, when ...

If i were to hit someone around the head with a melon would it hurt?

Ok ouch! i have a cut?
i got mad becuz i didnt wanna g2 skool in the morning, and my dad said i had to go
i started arguing
but it ended up with me getting really mad
and taking my hand and slamming it into ...

10 POINTS TO BEST AnSWER!!!?
ok i dont know what it is and I am not a doctor but you can hopefully help.
ok in december i really felt tired all the time and I had pain in my bones. I would sleep most of the day, however to ...

My gf says that only whimps go to the hospital, but I think I've broken my finger. What should I do?
She used a lot stronger word than "whimp".
Additional Details
It's starting to change color a bit....

Ive just had my legs amputated this afternoon and was wondering what to do with all my shoes. Any suggestions?

I smashed the tip of my finger with a hammer and now the nail is falling off. Will it grow back?
I was not born to be a carpenter....

Is its true that if you slice up patatos and put them around your arm you can break your arm(pls read details)
I heard from somewhere that if you slice patatos and put them allll over your arm and wrap it in cloth and leave it there for 24 hours then wack your arm againest somthing it will be a pain free ...

When you get a cut, what do you do to make it heal?
A regular cut takes a very long time to heal completely. What should I do? I want it to heal fast. And yes i do eat a lot of fruit so i have enough vitamins.
When my hamster bit me 2 weeks ago, ...

Can anyone figure out whats wrong with me?
i dont really know how to describe it but basically my head somethimes feels like its guna explode and feels really tight, like if i bend over to pick something up of the floor it really hurts, it ...

Have you ever had an accident at work?
I did today, tripped over a hoover, and fell on top of my work mate, I hurt her back, and i have a bruise on my leg, but it is recorded in the accident book, we had a good laugh about it!
A...

Can you break a bone in your hand if you punch a wall?

I've got the same pants on as I had on yesterday....is this really bad for me?

My friend sat on a toilet at work, and it collapsed...?
it fell with her on it, shattered everywhere, and she is sore from the fall, but not cut(luckily)... does she have a case???...
im not sure where to catagorize this one......

Ive burnt my little finger how do i stop it hurtin so much?
its in a cup of iced water at the moment but wen i take it out it ...

My mouth has been scalded by some hot soup in a hotel. What would you do?
I had a bowl of soup in a hotel today and the soup was so hot that it has burned the roof of my mouth. The staff, in the hotel, were not at all interested. The manager filled in an accident form ...

How Can I get rid of a Black eye by tomorrow?
My dog hit me and I got a black eye ! [He's a boxer ] I really need to get rid of it by tomorrow because I'm going to a family reunion and they are going to make fun of me! Please help I ...

What are signs of a broken rib?

Pretty n Pink
Finger help!?
This Friday, I had got my right middle and ring fingers caught in the part of the garage door that bends, I got it treated immeadeatly, but I still have little little purple-ish pink marks on my fingers. When will they go away? Please help if you really do care.
Thanx!

PinkPolarGirl
i have no idea.

rottentothecore
just stop riding your tricicle
and you should be fine.

Adartilth
Rating
Depends how fast your body heals... a few months at the most.

SaraBeara
Rating
in like a week an a half

(:♥TayLee♥:)
Sounds like it's bruised, might be a week or so before that goes away. Sorry

Thamburaan
Rating
hey dont worry. it will be there for some days.applying oil and massaging will be good for ya!!!!!

awommack
yes

Medical Assistant
about 14-21 days

surfer grl
Rating
They are bruises and they should go away in a couple of days.

wag35
Rating
Treat them with alternating ice and heat therapies, will help the bruising disperse. But will probably take at least a week or more.

aout
It really just depends on how quickly your body heals. Its just a bruise. So it shouldn't stay for too long.

A few years ago, I got my one of my finger caught in a car door. Since it didn't break, it didn't take long for the bruising to go away. Maybe a week. The only thing I have is that now, my knuckle is slightly smaller on one side.

dona s
the bleeding under your sikin caused these marks. they will fade away just like a bruise. dont worry

SAM
Rating
Your body was created to repair itself, it will heal but with time. What you want to look for is if you have numbness in the fingers or you cannot move them at all or you notice a bone sticking out. If you have any of these go to a doctor. Otherwise give it time (within a month) and you will see it getting better. Motrin if you have pain and/or swelling.

Stan
They sound like bruises, and you can expect them to disappear within a week to 10 days. Everyone heals at different rates, but they'll be gone before too long.

Hope your fingers aren't too painful. That must have hurt something awful!

NikNak
They sound like bruises to me! They should go away in a few days or weeks, depending on how bad the bruise is. Sounds like it could have really hurt though!

Tias
Rating
Not to worry if you had xrays and bones are fine. The bruising that comes with these types of injuries will take time to heal. The purple will soon start to turn a brown then yellow then eventually skin color.

Carey
Rating
It would probably be best to ask a doctor but I would say a week or so about as long as it takes any other bruise to clear up on your body

probester91
They should go away in 5 to 7 days ,in the mean time use lotion to keep your hands soft .

lillipad
Rating
You have bruises you will be fine and they will go away soon

georgina13
Rating
ouch!!!

youve just gotta give it some time. pain in the butt i know but there isnt much you can do.

hope you let your doctor check it out

NutstersChick
Rating
Plenty of ice & the bruise should come out in the next few days.
The bruising should begin 2 fade in a week or 2, but it could take a month 4 UR fingers 2 look normal again.
Poor U
Big kiss 4 UR poor fingers X
(it's ok I'm a Mummy I can do that)
:)

SnuffySmith
Rating
It is brusing and it will take a few days. As each day passes it will start to fade.

Princess
It may take a week or so ! But dont worry ,it will disappear!

luvtodance130308
Rating
sure they will! dont worry:) they will keep getting lighter every day, and in 1 or 2 weeks the marks will be gone like that.

True Blue
They should, give it some time.

sabbycat76
Rating
Prob. just bruising. If not to worried give a week or so for bruising to go away. I f your really worried go see your doctor

Mofo21
It may take a week or so ! But dont worry ,it will disappear!

yo homie
Rating
yes it wil. when it was caught the skin broke and the blood under it is still there. that is why it is like that

snvffy
The purplish-pink marks are coagulated blood. Not to worry abut them. The body will eventually remove the coagulated blood but it takes a while. It is not a quick thing.

Precious
Rating
At our company co-ed softball league, my husband (at the time boyfriend) hit a line drive into the side of my lower leg (I was the runner on first and couldn't get out of the way) and I had a bruise there for about 3 months. So it depends on how severely you were bruised. I would say to expect the bruises to go though all the colors as it heals (black, blue, purple, yellow, green) and it might take at least a month, I would guess. Good luck.

TweetyBird
Rating
Ouch! Those are bruises. Haven't you had bruises before? This is blood under the skin and in the tissue. It will be absorbed in time. Be patient.

"wag35" suggested alternating ice and heat. Ice isn't necessary any more. That is used immediately after the injury and heat brings more blood to the area which you already have and don't want more.

"SAM" spoke of bone sticking out, not being able to move your fingers, numbness. I don't think that's a problem as you clearly stated you got treatment.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy