Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Do i need crutches my ankle is sprained?
I was playing basketball today and i triped over my friend olivia and when i triped my ankle went the other way than my leg did. I can't diciced to get crutches or not.

Help me asap?
ok last week i went to get high in the woods so i was smoking a bowl and i kicked some moss up and under neath was a clear plastic bag wich had hair in it so i was freaked out so i kicked some more ...

Swelling *owch*?
I punched a wall earlier, and now my hand is kinda brused and swollen..

I've been icing my hand for about a half hour, it hasn't really helped.

And sugestions on how ...

HELP ME PLEASE!! it hurts really bad!?
i have an ingrown toe nail!
=[
it hurt so freakin bad and i have to run 2moro
=/
i heard if i leave a lime on it; it will make the skin somewhat flexable and let me take the nail ...

My friend seems to be very sick is she okay?
yesturday my friend cut her finger really bad on a used nail...it had been in drywal and the mud used in drywal...today when it was about 24 hours later, she was doing work and she told me she ...

What is the easiest way to break your pinky toe?
dont lecture ...

Do you think this is a pulled groin?
IT happend in football yesterday and today its got worse and i could barley run in sprints and it hurts to walk know umm it is on my right thy inside right on the upper pert in the middle and lower ...

If my son fell at a restaurant and bumped his head really hard,what can i do?
I recently went to chuckee cheese and my son was walking to the front desk and slipped on a wet floor.He got a huge bump on his head.At the restauraunt there was no caution signs saying that there ...

What is the best way to cure a broken toe?
big toe more specifically.......

If I put deep heat in my eyes how 'deep' will it go .?
If I put deep heat in my eyes how 'deep' will it go . Will it relax my Retana or wont the effects get that deep?
Additional Details
Jesus ....OWCHHHH .... it really hurts!!!!!!!...

I REALLY need ur HELP!!!?
Ok last night i hurt my knee real bad my parents know about it and everything but idk wat to do

Its black and Blue
Its swollen
It feels werid when i bend it
I Ice it all the ...

My son is scared!?
My son came to work with me and hurt his hand. We went to the nearest medical center, and a man named Dr. Stephen Epner saw him. The doctor was very nice, and told us to come back on Tuesday to see ...

What should I do about my neck??
Well I bent down for something like 2 days ago and my neck hurts really bad!! I cant turn it very well and it feels like twisted. Its realllly painful and I dont know what to do about it!!! What do ...

I broke my Leg, Can i spray Febreeze on my Cast to reduce the smell?

Why do i have a headache after a boxing match. how can i make it go away?

How many of u r online right now?
2 points!! juss like that!...

Iv hurt the muscle around my ribs does anybody know the name of it?

Is pinched nerve permanent??
well is it??? bo pain on my elbow, but my pinky is numb and tingles, the good news is this goes away and come back. so i dont have this 24/7
yes or no....

Whats wrong with me?
out of nowhere my nose started to hurt not like from a cold but like physically like someone punched me,even though nothing happened and the top of my mouth fells like it has a cut caus its very suor ...

What would cause you to bleed from your ear?
My youngest son went swimming at a lake last week. He came home saying that his ear was hurting. Last night his ear was bleeding. What is wrong?...

imdreamingm04
Does it hurt wen they take off the ingrown toe nail? they dont numb your toe?

Zac SSBB code 3394-3355-1563
Rating
it might hurt but not as much because they numb your whole leg (also your toes) and then pull it out, it might hurt like if it were a masquito bite. its not that bad

achen
Both of mine hurt more than anything I've ever felt.
The doctor did give me local anesthetic, but not enough and he didn't believe me when I said I still had some feeling in my toe.

Also, when the doctor was giving me the anesthetic he must've hit a nerve(which I'm sure accounts for some of the pain) because I have no feeling on one side of the toe he worked on.

mama mia
The doc will numb your toe first with several shots of Novocaine. You will definitely feel the shots, but trust me, you'll be glad. Don't watch what happens next. The doc cuts off the side of the toenail that is ingrown. You will not feel any pain, and if you do, tell the doc to stop; that you need more Novocaine.

The doc will disinfect your toe and bandage it up. Listen carefully to his instructions of how to care for it over the next several days. MAKE SURE HE GIVES YOU A PRESCRIPTION FOR PAIN MEDS because when the feeling comes back to your toe, you will think you are dying.

It will hurt to walk on it for awhile, as in, about a week or two. You should wear only open-toed shoes or ones that are a little large for you so that your toe has plenty of room.

You will be all right, though. Just remember: This, too, shall pass. Good luck. :)

Dani G
Rating
I've had ingrown toenails on both of my big toes and let me tell you, the faster you go to get them cut the better. You can choose to get a freezing if you like, I advise you to, because then you don't feel it at all. They put this numbing paste on your toe, so you don't even feel the needle! After a couple of minutes, you won't be able to feel your toe in the least. Just cover your eyes and they'll cut it in about 10 seconds. When they did mine the first time, they were finished before I even thought they started. They just bandage it up afterwards, and you take it off three days later and vĂ­ola! By they way, when cutting your nails, don't grab the nail and peel it off to the end, this usually causes ingrown toenails because it forms a cut, and the nail grow downward.
Good Luck, and don't worry, you won't feel a thing!

seaturtle36
my son had this done last week and no problem. It didn't hurt they numbed it and he walked when he got home. and it hardly bothered him, could play sports the next day and walked on it the same day. It only took the foot doctor about 4 min. to get done! But yes they numb it good and it doesn't even hurt. Don't worry!

Heidi K
Rating
ive had 2 of mine done it dsnt hurt.
n they do numb it!

BELLE
they numb your toe and that is the worst part
they stick multiple needles into your toe and it hurts like a mofo
after that they cut them out and you have sore toes
I had mine done 3 weeks ago and I just started wearing my regular shoes again

kay_flood
Rating
of course they numb your toe....the numbing process can sting, but no one in their right mind would allow an ingrown nail to be removed without anesthetic.

Rachel N ♥
I've never had it taken off before for an ingrown nail. I've just had them filed with a special ingrown nail file, and that didn't hurt one blt. But, I was told that if the condition keeps reappearing that permanent removal of just a tiny portion of the afflicted side of your toenail can be done to prevent future problems.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy