Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I hurt my knee, it is very stiff and hurts when I walk up and down the stairs. Any suggestions? Ice or Heat?

Pleas help me!!?
i`m in -serious- physical pain here! my friend accidentally spilled BOILING water on my ring && middle finger && ive put ice on it for bout 1/2 hour but when i went to take it off i ...

My doctor will tickle me during an exam ,not on pupose, why?
I'm 16 when i go to the doctor she sometimes tickles me during an exam. It makes me feel on edge but also comforting. It's kinda wierd
Additional Details
I'm 16 when i go ...

Could my ankle be broken?
In may of this year i fell of a chair and hurt my ankle, it become very swollen and painful, but a few days later it went down, however theres a certain spot on my ankle that hurts to touch and it ...

Just got back from E.R. ?????????
I was pitting out on avocado and knife jabbed into my finger. owch!!it was an open gash. immediately rinsed water on it and covered with a hand towel and ice. it sealed up by the time er looked at it ...

Should my mom go to the doctor, or is this normal??
my mom wanted to know if a headache after head injury is normal.
she got hit on the nose by my sister then again by my brother and she has had a headache ever since then*the day before yesterday*...

How do i get a bead that is stuck in my ear?

My pinky toe is swollen ?
i dont remember anything happening to it, but its been swollen for a while now, at least 4 months. i think its broken? it only hurts sometimes, and if i squeeze it. what should i do ?...

Pls help this is serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... i'm terrified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
i am 13. two sundays ago i fell off my bike. i am almost positive that wen i fell and scraped my knee that it's infected.
symptoms r
-it's warm
- fever (100)
- there'...

How would it be possible to remove your hand if it was super glued to keyboard?
Because, I HAVEN'T got mine stuck...I swear, so don't think I have, because..I haven't..but what if someone did?
And hurry as..its important..
Not because I've got my ...

My finger keeps twitching?
Yesterday I accidently slashed the tip of my left index finger with a stanley knife. The cut is right accross the 'pad' of the fingertip, going from just above the crease in the skin, to ...

Sprained toe?
My second toe got sprained from all the kicks i was doing in kickboxing class...now the joint is inflamed...any quick suggestions on what to do? I wanna go to class in a ...

I slammed my thumb in my car door this morning and now I feel nauseous. Should I be worried?
Don't make fun of me for being clumsy please. I have had a really bad week and haven't slept much since last Friday. I know I am just too tired. I just want to know if the naseua is a sign ...

Anyone know of any pain reducers other then RX drugs and Ice?
Ok, i play football for my high school (Varsity) we had a scrimmage on friday and i took a helmet to the hip and i cant take like ib profine and ice didn't help that much any ideas or ...

What happens when a football hits me in the eye?
I got hit bya football in my eye today. my eye became red and eyelids swollen, i washed, by it is less red, but hurts when i move it and poke it.
Additional Details
lol, no vision ...

How do you tell if your finger is sprained, but you don't have the time to see a doctor?
I was recently playing football, and when I tried to catch the football, you jammed right into my finger. Now I do not mean a 'Nerf' ball. I mean a hard, pumped football. It hurts very very ...

My forehead is purple?
i put the vacuum cleaner suctiony thingy on my forehead (stupid, i know) and now where i put the vacuum on my forehead is purple like bruised. will this go away?
Additional Details

My friend just got bit by a centipede and is taking vicodin! Is it ok to mix vicodin and benadryl?
Is there some other easy home remedy for the pain of a centipede sting???
Additional Details
The vicodin is for a back injury incurred last week!...

Is 9 degrees dangerously cold? If you stay out to long what will happen...Will your face freeze?

Cold again?
i had a nasty cold 3 weeks ago and now i have another is this normal as it is getting to ...

Paul P
Does a cbc tell anything about your liver?

Additional Details
The reason I ask is that i had a physical, but they never said anything about liver or kidneys....usually they mention something....I thought maybe the CBC was just for infections.

?
it does a complete liver panel.

Trailbalzer
yes it can

rolahey
Rating
Yes, it certainly does. It informs the doctor of liver functions, enzymes as well as other things not related to the liver such as RBC, WBC, etc.

BUPPY'S MEME
Some but not that much you need a liver profile to check the liver. That is also a blood test.

Pey
Yes, but a liver panel is generally used for more specific information about the liver.

The liver panel test involves several tests that check how well your liver is working. These tests are called liver function tests. They are blood tests.

Several different enzymes (proteins) made by the liver are measured in the blood:

SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase), also called AST (aspartate aminotransferase)
SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase), also called ALT (alanine aminotransferase)
LDH (lactate dehydrogenase)
ALP or AP (alkaline phosphatase, or "alk phos").
In addition to liver enzymes, bilirubin is also measured. Bilirubin is a chemical released into the blood when red blood cells break down. The liver uses bilirubin to make bile.

A complete blood count (CBC) is a common blood test used to evaluate your overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anemia, infection and leukemia. The test measures:

Hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells
Hematocrit, the proportion of red blood cells to plasma in the blood
White blood cells, which fight infection
Platelets, which help with blood clotting

bigmikejones
CBC is a blood count for white blood cells, hematocrit, and hemoglobin as well as a differential. A Chem 20 or KDA 20 or a liver function test can tell you about a liver. CBC's can only really tell if you have an infection, if its viral or bacterial by the differential shift, and how anemic you might be

Opus
Much confusion apparent in the answers above...

A CBC (complete blood count) is a specific blood test that tells about the different cells in the blood - red cells, white cells and platelets. It is not very useful for liver problems.

The tests for liver problems come under "Chemistry" - this is where the liver enzymes in the blood are assessed and liver problems can be detected.

Chemistry is a separate test from CBC. It is ordered separately, it is drawn in a different tube, it is run in a different machine.

Bottom line: in general, NO, a CBC does not tell much about the liver.

dtech
NO, You need different tests to determine any liver or kidney problems. You need to go on line and find out exactly what a cbc is for. To determine if there is infection present in the body. To see if your H&H levels are normal. This is a very common and routine blood test.

flamingpoptart
Rating
I think you should vote for perry for best answer. What he said

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy