Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Back Pain...?
I have this bad back pain... It hurts from the top of my spine down. It feels as though the muscles are just real weak all of a sudden. The pain started about 2 months ago when i was helping ...

I'm a bass player....and my wrists are agony. Help please?
OK....I'm a bass player, playing fairly regularly both on personal projects and as part of university.
But more recently my wrists and my thumb have been very painful. It starts off as a ...

My nose hurts...?
I got hit in the face with a softball today (1st day of preseason practice) and my nose hurts. It's not broken or anything, but it's a little swolen. How can I get it to stop hurting? (it ...

What will happen to my knee without surgery?
I fell hard on my right knee playing street ball about 7 years ago and went to the emergency room and was informed that I had torn ligaments and cartridges in my knee but I never had surgery, should I...

Broken Fibula?
Hi,

I'm 28 years of age and slipped and broke my fibula on the 2nd day of a holiday abroad. The break is on my left leg, about 6 inches below my knee and on the back by the calf.

How to break or sprain my foot?
I no you think this is dumb, but it is for health class. I need to know a purpose reason (i got jump off roof, hammer, car accident). And yes I know this is a stupid project, and no i am not trying ...

When should I really start to worry and bring my son to the hospital?
My son fell and hit his mouth on a ledge. His lower lip is swollen and cut and inside his upper lip it is bleeding where that little string is holding your gums to the inside of your lip. His front ...

Injurey to ball of foot?
I tripped on a kerb yesterday , now i can't put weight on the ball of my foot? Its very sore and i can't flex my toes on that foot either without pain.
any ideas?...

I broke my 2nd & 3rd toe.. Do I tape them together? Or do I tape them to other toes?
I broke my 2nd & 3rd toe.. Do I tape them together? Or do I tape them to other toes, like my 3rd to my 4th? Hmm, a lot of numbers, but help? Right now, I'm taping my 2 broken toes together.. ...

Everytime i jog i feel pain in my shin, what are d ways to prevent it?

How do you press charges on someone?
this girl on my bus got in a fight with me and i have a lot of bruises and a swollen eye and my friends tell me i can press charges but i dont know ...

I think i pulled or tore a muscle just under my rib cage. do i use hot or cold and why???
just under my rib cage on my right side. goes around to my back. am a golfer. have tournament coming up and am trying to heal as quick as possible. have been told to use hot. have been told to ...

What health problems can you get from living in a home with black mole on the walls.?

Why do my hands go to sleep so much?
I sleep on my side with my hands under my head. I wake up several times at night and my hand will be asleep, very numb! I have always slept on my side and I dont remember having this problem in the ...

Still hurtz after over a month? HELP?
i fell 6 ft and landed on me wrist about a month and a half ago, and heard a snap. i cried and it swelled and everything from my wrist to the tips of me fingers turned purplish bluish red. i couldnt ...

How do you get your mom to take me to the doctor?
i have a sprained wrist i think....my mom is in denial. she wont take me.asking isnt ...

Should i go to school today?
While i've been sleeping these bugs must of bitten me and i have bumps on my hands and wrists, also i feel cold and very tired and i cant stretch out or fully bend my left leg. I feel like ...

I was walking barefoot and stood on something, whch I can't remove. Should I be worried about an infection?

Additional Details
To be a bit more specific, I was walking barefoot at home today and stood on something very tiny (similar to a splinter). My foot is not swollen, but it's very ...

How can i repair my hamstring as quick as possible?
my hamstring has been hurting for 3 weeks.everytime but it doesnt hurt to the point where i cant walk or anything.but when i strecth it beyond a certain limit it reallys hurts and feels akward.ive ...

Is it possible to cause nerve/muscle damage to the top of your foot by having a car roll over it?

Additional Details
They took xrays and said no bones were broken. I suppose they didn't look at anything ...

Kia H
Do you need to wear a cast on a broken foot?
....????
Additional Details
if it doesn't hurt that much anymore

♥ Hamsters ♥
Many people experience a broken bone (fracture) at some point in their lives. A broken ankle or broken foot is common. After all, you have 26 bones in each foot and three bones in each ankle joint. And these bones are susceptible to stress, stubbing, twisting and trauma.

The seriousness of a broken ankle or broken foot varies. Breaks in this part of your body can range from less-serious fractures, involving tiny cracks in your bones, to severe, shattering breaks that pierce your skin.

Treatment for a broken ankle or broken foot depends on the exact site and severity of the fracture. A severely broken ankle or broken foot may require surgery to implant wires, plates, rods or screws into the broken bone to maintain proper alignment during healing.

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
A break in one or more bones of the foot, including the injury known as a subtalar (sub-TAY-lar) fracture, can be very painful. Healing time ranges from several weeks to a couple of months. An x-ray will show when the fracture has healed and you can resume normal activity.
Causes
This type of fracture is usually caused by a fall or an object that lands on the foot.
Signs/Symptoms
You are likely to suffer pain, swelling, bruising and weakness of the foot. It may tingle or feel numb. If the bones are broken badly, they may look misshapen. You may be unable to walk.
Care
Your doctor will probably take an x-ray of the foot. You may need to wear a cast or splint on the foot, depending on how bad the break is, and will have to use crutches for a while. If you scraped or tore your skin and haven't had a tetanus shot in 5 to 10 years, you may need a booster.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO
If you are not given a cast or splint:
Use crutches and avoid putting any weight on the injured foot until your doctor gives the okay. Then slowly increase the amount of time that you use the foot, stopping as soon as it begins to feel painful.
After the first 1 to 2 days, you may apply heat to the injury to help relieve pain. Use a warm heating pad, whirlpool bath, or warm, moist towels for 15 to 20 minutes every hour for 48 hours.
If you are given a cast or splint:
Use crutches until your doctor says they are no longer needed.
To reduce swelling, keep your foot on pillows while lying down and on a chair or footstool when sitting. Keep the foot above the level of your heart, if possible.
Apply ice to the injury for 15 to 20 minutes each hour for the first 1 to 2 days. Put the ice in a plastic bag and place a thin towel between the bag of ice and your cast.
If you are given a plaster or fiberglass cast:
Do not try to scratch the skin under the cast by pushing a sharp or pointed object between the cast and your leg.
Check the skin around the cast every day. You may put lotion on any red or sore areas.
If you have a fiberglass cast and it gets a little wet, it can be dried with a hair dryer.
If you are given a plaster splint:
Wear the splint until your doctor says you may remove it.
You may loosen the ace wrap around the splint if your toes become numb or start tingling.
Do not put pressure or lean on any part of your cast or splint. It may break.
Keep the cast or splint dry. It can be covered with a plastic bag during bathing. Do not lower it into water.
You may use acetaminophen or ibuprofen to relieve pain and swelling. Take all medicines as directed by your doctor. If you feel the medicine is not helping, call your doctor, but do not stop taking it on your own. If you have been given a tetanus shot, your arm may be red, swollen, and painful at the site of the injection. This is a normal reaction to the medicine in the shot.
Call Your Doctor If...
The cast gets damaged or breaks.
The pain gets worse or you have more swelling than before the cast was put on.
The skin or toenails below the injury turn blue or grey, or feel cold or numb.
The cast develops a bad odor.
There are new stains coming from under the cast.

Footie Princess
Rating
ye u do

deb
a cast is a form of pain relief as well as holding the bone in the right place so it's up to you do you want a bone to heal out of place

Casey H
Rating
You may need a standard cast, and air cast, or a rocker bottom walker boot. You should go to the doc or things could get worse

A. P
depends on the break, I had a break across my foot (just below my toes) and I didnt have to wear a cast, I just wore a surgical boot. sometimes you do need a cast though.

Sexy Red
This all depends on the area off the fracture sight and the sort off fracture its self,some fractures dont require a plaster cast a tubigrip some times helps,but if the fracture is displaced yes it needs a cast Good Luck

Jess W
Rating
If its a serious break then yes but if its a minor break then no

Kailynn D
Rating
depends on how serious the break is, and on ur doctors preference

CLM
If your foot is broken you should really go to the hospital sooner rather than later before your bones begin to heal themselves and the only way it can go back to "normal" is by rebreaking, and yes I believe you will need to wear a cast. So don't delay and go today if your foot is broken.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy