Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I stood on a abandoned syringe, while on the beach in Barcalona, what risks are there if any?
im a bit worried, i never done anything about it while i was over there, but now ive heard all sorts, should i see a doctor?
Additional Details
it split my skin....

Whats the worst injury you've had?

How did i get my scar??
I have a scar on the inside of my sole on my right foot, about 4 inches long.... what did i stand on??

10 points for correct answer. (it bled lots!)
Additional Details
it ...

Is there special creams n stuff for scars??
i decked it a month ago, now i have a massive scar,n it looks repulsive!! please help.......

Have you ever stubbed your toes so bad that you couldn't fight back the tears?

Quick way to get a bruise?
i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a quick way to get a bruise on the first try so it doesn't hurt as much? please do not tell me to run into something really hard =.=;;
A...

Death by hanging?
What is the timeline of death by hanging? What is the end casue of death? Starting from the first to last what actually happens to a hanging victem? Loss of bowels? Broken neck?...

If you soak your leg in vinegar will the bones be softened?
I was surfing the web and I read this one thing that said if you were trying to break your bone (for some unknown reason) you could put an ace bandage in vinegar then wrap around your leg. If you ...

Wen you no you have only two years to live,what would you do,?because thats what iv got left?

I recently put my big toe in a place i didnt want to! What should i do now???

I want to play football but my dad adviced me saying i should'nt because i have no stamina and i am not tall.
this means that i really want to play football but my dad told me that i shouldn't because if i do i may get lots of injuries like get a broken leg and get a life sustaining injury and can'...

Need ideas on how to tell my boss(male) I have to take leave for a breast reduction surgery. Professionally..?
I will be scheduling an appointment to have surgery, but I need help telling my boss about it without me letting him know what type of surgery it is....In a professional ...

Whats wrong with my son's eye??
my son accidently poked himself in his eye earlier today, it seemed ok afterwards but now he keeps complaining about it and it is very red and watering constantly. why do you think it is doing this?? ...

My daughter slammed her finger in my car door yesterday and I was wondering if anyone knows if she...?
needs it drained by a doctor? It is really swollen and back/purple. it is on the bottom of her finger nail on her pointer finger. It is still Really painfull 26 hours latter. And when i touched her ...

Should i go to the hospital if i think i have broken my toe.?
I banged my little toe and it hurts like hell. The bruising has spread and covers four toes now and is dark purple? Should i just let it heal itself or should i seek advice?...

Does kissing it really make it better?

My boyfriend was injured today and has 10 stiches in his thumb he has percription meds but it still hurts?
terribly (he's no sissy boy) can i put lidocaine hydrochloride jelly 2% on it or would it harm the stitches we have to be careful they might amputate it so we can't do anything to bother ...

I got hit in the nose...how long until the swelling goes down?

Additional Details
noooo it's actually from cheerleading during a stunt...
but it's not swelled on my nose, it's on the right side right next to my nose, mostly on ...

My stool is black with blood in it. What food could I have eaten to cause this?
I have been sick lately and I have been feeling so much pain in my stomache and back, but I also just had the IUD inserted four days ago, so I assumed the pain was due to the IUD settling in or ...

PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS QUICK!a?
(sorry if i misspell something im hurrying)

my 2 yo neph. hit his cheek bone VERY HARD on the wooden part of a chair. it is every color of the rainbow and is swollen very badly. He has ...

orangeollie07
Do you die if you break your neck?

mehrabi2000
if you break it no
but if you really wanna die come here and I'll do you the favor and i assure u that u will die...

mighty_power7
no, you don't die, you're just paralyzed depending on how bad the break is,

denise e
You can but not always it depends on how you break and if there is nerve or spinal damage

those that really matter to you!
maybe it depends how hard you break your neck

Witchzilla
Not necessarily, Depending on the location and how much damage done to spinal cord.

gousa1991
well i think it depends on how it breaks cuz if it breaks but you still breath then it depends on how well the hospital treats you. if it interfears with your breathing then yea you could die. every case is different

mommyme
Well you can - Neck injuries can range in seriousness. I had a friend who broke her neck - she did have to have surgery and wear a neck brack but she suffered no long-term effects. But look at Christopher Reeve who was paralized. Then some people break their necks and die instantly. It just depends on where the break occurs

dukalink6000
A lot depends on where the break is.

Buster Keaton broke his neck and he was unaware of it for three months

We all know what happened with Christopher Reeves

abfabmom1
Only sometimes.

The problem is that breaking any part of your spine can cause the bones to cut into your spinal cord. When this happens, it can cause paralysis in the parts of your body that are controlled by the nerves that become disconnected by the cut. When it happens in your neck (the top of the spinal cord), it can paralyze your lungs...being unable to breathe is usually what causes death in this type of injury.

Old Hippie
In many cases but strangely enough not always.

help me
My brother broke his neck and he did not die nor is he paralyzed. In fact he has no ill effects from it now that he has his head halo off. Perhaps he was lucky eh?

kms010494
Rating
Yes you can die if you break your neck...and yes you could live. It depends on how bad the injury is. And most likely if you live, you'll be paralized. But there is a few who live and are not paralized.

Daiquiri Dream
Depends on where the break has occurred within the cervical vertebrae. Most have paralysis from the neck down & never regain function.

baby girl
It depend on where you break it.

buddy95
Rating
no it depends on where the break is. if it his up high yes but if it is down in the bottom you may just be paralyzed. Sometime people are told the broke their neck when all it is a fracture. So be careful with it. Because you don't want anything happen to it anymore.
Good Luck

chickmedic
No you don't always die when you break your neck. Like any other broken bone issue this type of injury can range from relatively minor to extremely serious the problem with a neck injury is that it can have long term lasting affects even without a fracture so if this is anything other than a rhetorical question seek medical advise asap.

Sam
You can if you wanted to, but I won't do that if I were you!!!

john e russo md
Rating
A 'broken neck' is a vague notion promoted in the movies. A bone may be bruised cracked or fractured - and this may produce pain - but not death. Most likely you are referring to an injury to the spinal cord. When the cord is severed ('broken' cut or sliced) a person is paralyzed - but no - they do no die as in the movies. Death occurs only if the nerves which supply the heart and lungs no longer function. Christopher Reeves (now deceased) severed his spinal cord in an equestrian accident.

BethEDRN
I work as a Rn in a trauma center and we see on average 20 people a week who have broken a bone in the cervical spine. Most (99%) are stable fractures and they will get sent home with no other treatment needed other than a neck brace and pain medication after a few days in the hospital.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy