Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Ankle pain?
my ankle always hurts after long times on it. or if im making sharp movements (playing tennis) it stiffens up and hurts for about 1 day at the min and 3 days at the most severe pain. the pain is on ...

Where do the uninsured go for xrays?
i hurt my ankle a few weeks back and never went to the dr to get it checked out. It's still a bit swellen and throbs. All though I can bend it and walk it hurts. I'm wondering if there is a ...

Has your ankle ever been the same after it healed from a sprain?
I sprained my ankle a while ago kickboxing. It took almost 4 weeks to heal. And those 4 weeks were very boring. All i did was care for my ankle. And 4 weeks later I got an X-ray and the doctors ...

Punched in head, kicked in nuts or jump off a building?
You have to choose one of these or lose your life (guys only, for obvious reasons):
1.Punched in head twice w/ no helmet by Mike Tyson on amphetamines
2.Kicked in nuts 3 times, no wearing a ...

Sprained ankle?
I went joging and stepped into a whole and twisted my ankle very badly.When i tried to walk on it i felt something snap or pop in my ankle.
It instantly swoll up and i couldnt put no weight on ...

HELP ME! I broke my foot and I have 3 young children! I need ideas on how to function w/ non weight bearing
I am in a non weight bearing R leg cast. I can't even drive. I have a 3, 4, and 7 year old to take care of! I need to find out what sort of gadgets are out there to help me ie; how to get a ...

Have you ever been knocked out by a sleeper hold or neck chop or nerve pinch? Any details?

I fell down a flight of stairs... here are my symptoms...?
I fell over three days ago. I hit my bottom and my elbow. There is a bruise on my right butt cheek. There has been improvement - the sore muscles are less sore. I can walk regularly, I can sit ...

I hit my head on the pavement last night? (see details)?
me and my buddys were doing something well, stupid. and I fell off the truck and hit the pavement. my head didnt hit first and we wasnt goin fast so it wasnt a hard hit. I didnt knock me out, I still ...

Is there anyway to tell if i broke my toe? i hit it on a table. and it hurts bad,?
I can walk on it, so I though i didnt have a broken toe. cause that would be a obvious sign that it may be broken, but what is making me question is that I cant bend it and it feels numb. I would go ...

Had a fall..any ideas what it could be?
I had a nasty fall up some steps and through a door at my home..yes I know most people fall down steps and out through doors, but anyway I got a bad bruised foot and leg,,5 weeks later bruising is ...

What is Whiplash?

Why does my foot (top and bottom) & toes hurt when it's my ankle i've broken?

Ok, can sum1 tell me if they know about this a little more than I do- knee ligaments?
2 years ago i was flung off a games pony but b4 i landed on the ground, i had a crash and another horse booted me on the knee in mid air. My knee ligaments are still weird ever since, an have not ...

Help me, i don't know what to do.?
my left shoulder blade is killing me, it hurts so bad. I feel like I am dying, or maybe its just me over thinking it because it is killing me. I rub it and lay on the heating pad, or rub some tiger ...

Is drawing blood supposed to hurt?
Hey guys,

I drew blood on Friday and I think something isn't right. I have small veins so whenever I draw blood I let the people doing it know, but they ignore me anyway. One time I ...

How to relieve soreness?
I started training to be a caddy on 4/5/08 and on the second week of training we had to run and ever since then my legs have been very very sore...and now every time we have to run i'm always ...

Do you think I've dislocated my shoulder?
Alright, so in gym the other day, I was playing handball. I jumped into the air to block a pass, but the kid who was meant to recieve it jumped as well, and I smashed my shoulder into his chest. I ...

Help me decide?
i'm chris..i just had my ankle sprained and there's no way i can walk on it....it hurts really really bad....the problem is that tommorow i'm having a birthday party with many friends ...

Have you ever dislocated your shoulder?
How long did it take to heal?
How did you do it?...

iluvgrimace
Do i sleep with gauze in my mouth after wisdom tooth extraction?
i just had my wisdom tooth remove today (9am) and i was not given stitches. i was told the gum will heal on its own (i dont know for how long!) i change the gauze every 15 mins. and now i need to sleep.(its 11pm) do i keep the gauze in my mouth while i sleep? im not afraid of swallowing it. im afraid i might sleep with my mouth open, breathe thru my mouth and dry up the hole in my gum! is that dry socket? i dont know how long a clot will form. i also dont know if i shud eat with the gauze in my mouth. ive heard of dry socket but im not sure what it is. all my dentist said is have a liquid diet and rest. help!

3DDD
Call the office and ask.

t0t9nte6
Hm, well I'm surprised that you didn't get stitches. I got mine out about a month ago, and only used the gauze for a couple hours after I got home from the dentist. Then after that the majority of my bleeding had stopped so I did not use the gauze for the rest of the time. I would probably take yours out and not sleep with it, because it gets kind of uncomfortable in there! If you're still bleeding tomorrow during the day maybe put it back in, but definitely take it out for eating!
I'm pretty sure dry sockets are pretty uncommon, like your dentist said get lots of rest and eat soft foods for one or two days. Good luck!

bigchucka
I had three done the same day, one surgically extracted (.ie they had to cut the top off). Sleep w/o it,take vitamin C supplements,and make sure you keep it hydrated or else you will get dry socket, and that can be a real hassle. Don't know if you smoke, but if you do, put water-soaked gauze in the hole the next few days beforehand.

bitoy
Rating
the gauze is for the bleeding. if it has stopped bleeding you can remove the gauze now

ChocLover
You don't need the gauze now, sleep without it and just rinse your mouth out in the morning. It will heal on it's own, I know, I've had 2 done! You will still feel a bit tender for a couple of days but if you are still bleeding after tomorrow go back to your dentist. You should be able to eat food, not just liquid

wintairi
Rating
Do not sleep with gauze in your mouth.I had all 4 pulled at once.It should be pretty much closed by morning..It will not be healed al the way but should not be bleeding.Do not smoke or drink anything from a straw.Doing this will cause the clot to come out that will result in dry socket.this is VERY painful.. There will not be any confusion that something is wrong..Do not eat with gauze in your mouth..you shouldn't need it by tomorrow anyway. If you are still having alot of blood (like you did after getting them pulled)tomorrow call the dentist. Just eat soft foods like jello,pudding,soup. Nothing that you have to chew for at least a few days and get plenty of rest.hope this helped

The mom
You shouldn't need to keep the guaze in your mouth for long afterwards, certainly not while you sleep. As long as you aren't actively bleeding, you can leave the guaze out for now on. Dry socket actually refers to the bone of your jaw drying out, not the gums themselves. There is currently a blood clot sealing off the gums and the bone of your jaw. That needs to stay in place until the gum has healed, to keep it all sealed off. If that clot is lost or displaced, then the saliva in your mouth and air will cause the bone to lose moisture and begin to dehydrate- the socket part where the tooth roots used to be dries out on the bone. That usually isn't a problem until about day 3 or 4 of the healing. As long as you are drinking plenty of liquid, and not using a straw, it shouldn't be a problem for you. You probably will slightly open your mouth for the next few days, and drool on your pillow- that's fine, and the saliva will keep your mouth plenty moist. Just drink plenty, remember to swish gently and rinse after you have any sort of soup or food, and you should do just fine. No straws, and no fizzy drinks for at least a week or so, though. When your gumline heals, you will have a big hole at first. That will gradually fill in over the coming months, and eventually fill in level with the rest of your gumline. If after a few days, you notice an ache begin along the bone near where the tooth was, just return to your dentist. He will put some packing material in the spot, which will take care of the problem and make it feel much better. Meantime, follow the aftercare directions, take it easy for a few days, and you should be fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy