Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible to knock someone out by hitting them across on the chin?
I`ve seen many articles saying the hitting a person across the chin with the right amount of force and strength could cause a concussion on the brain, knocking them out for few minutes. But I also am ...

What do you do when .. ??
...you go to the doctor when a previous broken foot that didn't heal well, and they told you it must be re-broken?? I mean, what CAN you do?
Additional Details
That's gonna ...

Recently my left hand has been going numb constantly why?
Ok here recently my left hand has started going numb alot if its tilted up im pretty sure it isnt heart realated but right before this started happening I feel off a skateboard and hurt my lower back ...

Why do we say ouch whenever we get hurt???

Will i servive?
i feel like my life is never going to get better. all was great last august, i passed my driving test, got my first car, then two weeks later had really bad crash . my car was written off and i was ...

I cant stop cutting myself?
help me.I cut my arms and legs with glass and razorblades,I need help.But i cant seek it anywere else.Some of my biggest inuries were...:
"mikey" on my lower calf
a heart on my ...

Please HELP ME FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
my little brother (3) was just riding on this little scotter thing that you sit on well i was watching him and he just crashed on the side of the side walk were bushes are and tumbled on the side ...

Will it heal?
i have my first wreslting tornament on Nov,15 and my arm is really hurting, same with my neck, ribs, neck

my armwhen i try bending it sttraigh it really hurts and wont bend

my ...

Ok, so I stabbed my hand with a steak knife...?
It is close to the thumb, but right online with the middle finger (in the palm). I can move all fingers w/o pain except for the middle finger. It seems sore. The cut was kinda deep. but I washed ...

I was working in a sweat shop and i accidently got a rail road spike stabbed through my hand...?
what should i do, i havnt removed it yet beacuse it hurts to much,
and i have not told anyone!...

Help please? Going skiing in 2 days, muscles REALLY SORE!?
Well when i was doing my leg excersises, i accidentily excersised too much and know my quads are SUPER sore... like it kind of hurts to walk. I shouldn't have overdone it. I am going skiing in ...

What is the worst body injury you ever sustained?

Should i go back to the e.r.?
while at work monday u smashed my fingure at work pretty bad an it started to swell so they sent me to the ER when ice didn't help so i got there and they took me x-ray and told me it was just ...

My dog got run over a few weeks ago.... What do i do?

Additional Details
Yes it DID die. i had it cremated aand i was wondering how do i cope?...

Is putting Purell hand sanitizer (accidentally) on cuts harmful in any way?
I got a relatively deep cut on the palm of my hand and I'm a regular Purell user. Will using Purell be harmful or affect how fast the cut heals?

Thanks....

My finger is cut and my hand is hurting - should i see a doctor?
I have had a cut on my finger for the last week and it has not healed. It is extremley red around the finger nail and the finger is really sore to touch. My hand has a dull ache down the side and I ...

Is there evidence to show that Steve Irwin should have left the barb in, until he got medical attention?
When you get stabbed with a knife, they say to leave the knife in until you get medical attention
Additional Details
That is to say, maybe immediately pulling the barb out caused severe ...

My doctor said I need a hip replacement.?
I have an appointment with a orthropedic surgeon soon. Is the recovery time really six weeks long? Its hard for me to be away from work that long....

My daughter is sick, please help?
My daughter is complaining of stomach pain. It's hurts mostly on her right side. She feels tight when I press on her tommy like she is constipated but she has atleast 5 symptoms of an appendix ...

My wife's feet and calves are swelling up lately. What causes this?
She is not doing any activity from her normal routien....

Erica L
Do i need a tetanus shot because i cut my finger?

kanani_filipino808
it depends how big and what you cut your finger on.

Lilo
Rating
It depends on if what you cut it on was rusty or not. If it was, and you haven't had a tetanus shot for ten years, you should definitely go get it checked out and get one. Tetanus shots run out after 10 years. Generally, you should be fine unless what you cut it on was rusty.

ness
Rating
not nessecarily. It depends if the object you cut your finger on was dirty or rusty. if it was dirty or rusty then you should definalty get one. if it wasnt then dont worry too much. however if you are unsure get one anyway just to be on the safe side.

actressinthemaking2005
it depends- if you cut your finger on a rusty object then getting a tetanus shot would be advised, however if it was a plastic object, i think if you use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide (which will burn...rubbing alcohol hurts worse than hydrogen peroxide) to cleanse the cut then you should be fine. If you are still concerned then maybe you should talk to a doctor and see what he or she advises

chiquita958
Might as well. Better to be safe than sorry.

Don't worry, it won't hurt.

supratuner9
not unless its been about a year since your last one

Illinoismom
Rating
You should get one every 7 to 10 years anyways. But it depends on what you cut your finger on..a rusty way then yes...a glass that broke then probably not. Hope you feel better.

drsuria_cbe
Rating
Yes within seven hours or at least within 24 hours.

polyesterfred
Rating
you don't need one if it's been only a year. they last for closer to ten than 1 maybe seven or eight. been 8 years or seven maybe even six it's probably time to get another. and care for your wound well with or without a tetanus shot

shelleyluvzboyz
no that first guy is wrong tetanus shots last for 10 years but they give you booster shots every 5 yrs. if you cut your finger on something that had rust on it you might wanna look into it. but generally metal parts dont have tetanus on them.

brandon
If what you cut youself with wasn't rusty.... no.... if it was, yes.... unless you've had one in the past ten years or something like that

LuvtheElves
Tetanus shots are good for ten years. If the object you cut yourself on was rusty or dirty and the wound was deep, it might be advisable to get one if you have not had a booster recently. If the cut was clean, wash it with warm running water and plain soap and apply a topical antibacterial cream like Neosporin or Bactracin. It should heal without a problem.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy