Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

Could my foot be broken?
i stood on a stone now cant walk on my foot so ...

Have you ever got anything stuck in any of your orifices?
I once got a little green bead stuck right up my nose. It made me cry because my nose started bleeding. The doctor took it out with a giant pair of tweezers....

MY FriendS EYE FELL OUT!! WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Why don't birds get electrocuted when they sit on pylons?

If you had to be knocked out, how would you like it to happen?

I need help men only !??
I hurt my privates playing rugby, I expected the pain to leave but it's been a week and the pain seems to be getting worse. It feels like it's inside like a tube or something.

P...

Heal cutting scars/cuts faster?
~How can I make the scars go away?
~How can I make the cuts less noticeable?
~If possible, how can I prevent the cuts from scarring?
I have them on my hips, arms, and ankles, if you ...

Hurt my knee at work , heat or ice ?

How can I hide my cuts?
I used to cut myself. I'm trying to stop... but Iam going to an event Friday that requires no sleeves. I have marks still on my arm, and I've been using neosporin to try to heal them faster....

Help! i just got shocked!?
ok so my laptop charger is like kinda broken and has a small small tear.
but i just got shocked

whats the worst that can happen? it was on my wrist but it kinda stings

Whould it be ok to use peroxide on ...?
my toe. about a week ago, i fell & my toenail hit the edge of the step, & popped up my toenail. I went to the doctor & they romoved it, bandaged it & sent me home, I changed the ...

Should i wait or should i go now ?
About a week ago i hit my arm really hard (or fast) against the metal bar of my bed ( it's stupid how i did ) and it was all swollen and sore afterwards. Its been a week and i think the ...

I jammed my middle finger and its in a splint right now so what do I do??
Ugh its hard to do anything and it hurts bad. Any thing to help the pain???????????...

Christina L
Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like I am about to faint even while Im sitting here. Is this serious enough that I should go?

butireallyam_nikkijd
Rating
Yes, I would go. It sounds like you have heat stroke.

If you're really not wanting to go, drink plenty of fluids, and take a luke warm bath (if there's someone in the house with you - otherwise avoid the bath) and see how you feel in an hour or so.

thirdworldpwnr
Rating
if u got time to sit down and type out a question like this then its prolly not a huge emergency lol

Shirley A
yes you should go anytime you feel faint after being in the sun especially if its not going away and my seriuos advice to you go now and start drinking alot of water not soda you may and I am not a doctor . You may be dehydrated and it can get seriuos now stay out of the sun for long periods of time go for a hour and leave you will feel alot of heat in your skin and feverish after getting sun burn but being dizzy for me go drink alot of water and see the doctor I was a heat stroke victem and I know from experieance dont feel funny to get checked out the sun is very strong now outside I dont know why but its worse than when I was a kid , so get taken care of fast.

yr face
Rating
-agrees with first answer- but before you do, try to lay down and drink water constantly to see if you feel any better. if in a few hours you dont, call a CAB or a FRIEND to drive you there, because if you're still nauseous when you go, you also have the risk of getting in a car accident. or you can just call 911, but a friend may be better.

hhssnare10
Rating
Any feeling that you are not sure about is reason to consult someone who is. I say at least call a medical professional of some sort to see if you should go to the ER (maybe a pharmacist) . I hope you're alright.

iiiis
I'd say go.

Better to know you are fine, than to get yourself in a situation where you will not know what fine is.

Wishee
Rating
Star pouring in the water. Lot's of liguids. Lay off the caffine. Take it easy and do lot's of fluids. If it's not better by tonight,GO!

celine8388
Rating
If you havent gone by now...youre probably laying by your computer passed out....

chance
Rating
I was sunburned badly once. In fact, I felt exactly like you did. I took 7 aspirins with 2-liters of water immediately. Every part of exposed skin was red with a million tiny blisters.

Since I was at Shark Lab (Bahamas), my professor told me that he'd call the US Coast Guard to transport me to Miami, if I got much sicker. I definitely got sunpoisoning. I took alot of cool showers and drank water (mixed with equal parts of sugar and salt). This is the water solution used by aid workers helping malnourished/dehydrated refugees. The body absorbs water quicker with sugar/salt added.

My professor forbade from leaving the air-conditioned facilities for one day. Anti-inflammatory pills(aspirin) made a HUGE difference in my quick recovery. And I took immediate action.

You should go to the emergency room NOW. Call 911. Doctors are required to treat ambulatory patients sooner than walk-in patients. You might have a heat stroke on top of sun poisoning.

ā˜¼Jims Brainā˜¼
Rating
Drink a lot of gatorade, if u don't feel better in 2 or 3 hours, consider going, specially if the sunburn caused blisters or is over 30% of your body

evilxevelyn
You appear to have heat stroke, go to the E.R. Better safe than sorry.

Have a friend drive you there, don't try to drive yourself. And if no one can take you, call an ambulance.

Jā™„dida
It's heat exhaustion. Relax. You don't need to go to the ER. Lie down and put cool cloths on your forehead. wear as little clothing as possible. Stay hydrated. You'll be okay. Treat those sunburns with Aloe Vera. Feel better!

christopher_tenaglia
You may have "vitamin D poisoning". It happens sometimes with overexposure to the sun.

tsopolly
You are probably dehydrated. I don't know if you need to go to the ER. I think you should fill up on water and Gatorade.

ceboobala
Rating
You are probably not hydrated enough. Were you drinking enough water while out in the sun? If you think it is that bad.. Then it would be wise to just get it looked at. Better safe than sorry!
Ps. This has happend to me before, but it was because I wasnt drinking enough water. While your out in the sun, and your sweating, you loose alot of water and thats why its so smart to always have a bottle of water with you! I hope everything is ok with you though!

john j
Rating
Yes, Yes, Yes. If you do not want to go the E-room, at least try and find a medical clinic.

cindy g
Rating
If you are still feeling nauseous and dizzy, you may have had heat stroke. It would be best to go to your own doctor unless the syptoms worsen, in which case you should go to the ER.

beakndi
Rating
You may have sun stroke. You should go.

pghmarty
Drink plenty of gatorade or powerade to replace electrolites.
Apply solorcane or aloe lotion with lidocain for sun burn.
Get some sleep but have someone watch you.

karen f
Go. Now. You've probably got yourself a touch of heatstroke, which, combined with the first a second degree burns a sunburn creates, makes you dehydrated and pretty ill.

They'll probably give you fulids via an IV, but either way, you should go, and go soon.

prettyboislc
In going to the emergency room they will issue an i.v and inject you with a cool saline solution to hydrate you and cool your body temp down. You are also low on sodium, and it is very important that you stay indoors to keep your body temperature cool, as well as drinking fluids to restore your electrolytes, and salt balance. Keep yourself in loose breathable clothing such as cotton, I suggest your prefered choice of sports drink, this will be highly use-full in restoring the lost fluids, electrolytes and sodium.
If your heat exhaustion is severe enough to the point that you are vomiting and not able to keep fluids down, it would be necessary to go to the hospital for IV fluids to be administered.

vmbbfreak06
yes, drink a lot of water it sounds like you are dehidrated. don't drive .if you can't sit, you for sure can't drive.

schizo
Yes, because you might have sun poisoning. Its better to embarrass yourself by having nothing wrong, then to let it go and your problem multiply.

Chickybabe
Rating
drink a lot of water if not go get pedilite(spelt) they give it to kids if they dont drink to much...they come in flavors too

MakingYouHappy
yes

LENORE P
Rating
get yourself to the er. call 911 your body needs ivs dont wait. your life depends on it. you have what they call sun posioning

LuvtheElves
Rating
If the burn is blistered, then yes, you should go. However, you are most likely severely dehydrated and should drink lots of water or gatorade. Stay cool for a few days, you most likely got mild heat exhaustion.

smiler
Rating
if you have to ask then yes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy