Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

Could my foot be broken?
i stood on a stone now cant walk on my foot so ...

Have you ever got anything stuck in any of your orifices?
I once got a little green bead stuck right up my nose. It made me cry because my nose started bleeding. The doctor took it out with a giant pair of tweezers....

MY FriendS EYE FELL OUT!! WHAT SHOULD HE DO?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Why don't birds get electrocuted when they sit on pylons?

If you had to be knocked out, how would you like it to happen?

I need help men only !??
I hurt my privates playing rugby, I expected the pain to leave but it's been a week and the pain seems to be getting worse. It feels like it's inside like a tube or something.

P...

Heal cutting scars/cuts faster?
~How can I make the scars go away?
~How can I make the cuts less noticeable?
~If possible, how can I prevent the cuts from scarring?
I have them on my hips, arms, and ankles, if you ...

Hurt my knee at work , heat or ice ?

abiona
Do I need a tetnus shot? drill bit injury...?
Okay, nice one -- I was drilling a hole and the drill bit wasn't in tight, the bit went at an angle into my finger. Traumatic, lots of blood and quite a hole, but I didn't hit bone, it went in at enough of an angle thankfully. All cleaned up, But do I need a tetnus shot now? I had one about 7 or 8 years ago, but don't recall the exact date and could be off by a couple years. Also, if I do need one, how soon do i have to get it? thanks

specialsuber
For one did you go to the doctor? There is more than just bone in there that can be damaged. PLEASE go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry when it comes to body parts. Also I think that the tetanus shot is every ten years. But go to the doctor and let them look at it and then they can tell you if you need a tetanus shot.

bobo
I'd get one right away, just to be on the safe side. You're due for a booster.

spha
Yes, by all means get a tetanus shot. I'm surprised that you didn't take yourself to the hospital right away.
If you are not sure when your last tetanus shot was, I highly recommend that you get one right away. It is better to be safe than sorry. Besides, at least get a nurse to have a look at your injury. It may need more care.

jenmcmahon216
Every ten years is the recommendation for tetanus shots. BUT because you are unsure of the date of your last shot and because you had a new open wound you DO need to get a shot. Go get one as soon as possible. Please talk to your doc immediately and know that Tetanus is dangerous.

Ronatnyu
Rating
Its always better to safe than sorry and have body parts randomly fall off your body.

kittykat
Yes!

Please get one as soon as possible!

SusanS, Incognito
I would say get a tetnus shot within 24 hours, especially if you are not exactly sure of the last time you had one. Also, are you sure you don't need stitches? Good luck.

Steve P
Rating
I would go get a tetanus shot just to be safe. You are going to get mixed answers on here, go with what is safest.

totllybord
Rating
I think you should have one. Better safe than sorry. Your local walk in clinic or your family doctor will give it to you.

me me
Rating
yes you need to get one!! if there is rust on the drill bit then it can cause lock jaw. i would really suggest goin to the hospital.

Nicola
if you had a tetnus shot 8 years ago i think you don't need one. but i will recommend going to the hospital, and they can answer your question in a bit more detail.

Paul
Rating
Tetnus shots need to be updated every 10 years, however depending on the severity of the wound coupled with the fact that it was to your foot, you might need to seek medical attention since the wound sounds like it was a "shredding type" as opposed to a slice or gash. A wound made by drilling into your foot will be hard to clean since whatever you were drilling could get embeded into your foot very easily and become horribly infected. Believe it or not there are worse things than tetnus. Again it really depends if this is a surface wound or deep tissue, but the fact that it is to your foot presents the problem of it being hard to keep clean.

J-Rod
I think you should have the wound checked by a medical professional. I'm sure you'll need a tetanus shot.

sharna l
Rating
you need a tetnus shot every 5 years so i would dare say yes

summersmybabygirl
i would go get the shot know i know with nails my mom says always go right away

Rev. Kaldea
Rating
It wouldn't hurt to get another one. ASAP. Just to be on the safe side.

Tea C
Soon

Captain America
Rating
It wouldn't be a bad idea to go get one right away, but if the drill bit had zero rust on it you should be fine...the slightest bit of rust you should go hustle to get the shot.
p.s. tetnus shots begin to wear off after 5 years, you have some coverage until 10 years but not 100%.

Inc.co@inert.co.org
Rating
One way to find out if you'll need to have a tetanus shot -
Just wait to see if you get lock-jaw.

evanlah
Rating
yeah, it would be best to go ahead and get one. whats a copay, and little time to go get it versus lockjaw? id rather get the shot!

Cracked
Rating
just go to a minute clinic at and CVS store and see their local dr. ... i got a tetnus shot, but that was cuz i hopped a fence and got scratched but if i was u id go get it

♥ bex ♥
Rating
you should be ok a tetanus jab lasts ten years

biker2girl
ring your Dr they will tell you when your last jab was and if you need one

Dew
Rating
you should have a tetnus shot every 10 yrs.I would make a call to your Dr where you got your last shot and go from there.

Icarus
In the UK the standard is every 10 years to get it topped up.

Glad you got it healed!

Brok3n_w1ngs
if the drill bit had even a slight bit of rust on it then YES.

Bubba13
if it has been longer than 5 yrs, then you will need another

Amanda
Rating
Tetanus shots should only be necessary every 10 years. If you aren't sure if it has been that long, you are better off just getting one.

Edith Anne
Rating
Yep. get that shot!
Yeah, they are "good" for 10 years, but if you have had an accident that drew blood, you should get a new one if it's been more than 2-3 years. Most ER's do it automatically.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy