Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Slammed hand in car door and now it is numb?
about a week ago i slammed my hand in a car door and than it felt tingely. now it is kinda numb. i never felt any pain. it just feels really strange. what is it?...

Why is trying to find a job, when your disabilied very hard?
I am disabilied, but look just like everyone else; why do they treat me like I have a plague, or send me to work in jobs I would never have worked at if I didn't get this wonderful disability ...

Hurt wrist?
i hurt my wrist in gym today when i fell down and i put my right wrist down to break my fall...my wrist landed palm down when i fell. now(4 hours later) it hurts only on the part of my wrist that is ...

My sister has a broken and casted wrist, how do we relive itching?
Just like I said in the above. any hints?...

Any sensible help out there for a frozen shoulder?
It started on the R side but resolved quite quickly...now my left shoulder is well and truly frozen. It is so painful. Does anyone have any help or advice or has anyone recovered from a frozen ...

I'm 13 .... do i need any other injections now ?
I hate injections .... is it compulsary to have any more done ?
Sorry for the spelling mistakes :S...

I have pierced my own belly button what harm could i have done?
i have pierced my own belly. i did it with a safety pin. i had to pierce it twice and i have two different holes. it hurt alot and is now red and sticks out. it coud be moved easy so i took it out ...

How do you beat back problems, particularly lumbago?
Im only 16 for gods sake and i cant get to sleep at night for the pain. Has anyone beaten their back problems? And does anyone know any exercises to strngthen their back....

I fel dwn the stairs nd hurt the small of my back (right @ the bottom) it hurts 2 wlk - how 2 make it better?
please help its the bone thats painful. i cannot walk properly, i got very slowly and it is hard to find a comfy position on a PADDED chair and normal ones....

What u do if ur vocal cords r damaged?

What happens if a cut needs stitches but doesn't get them?
I cut my wrist on a Bow Saw blade - probably needed stitches, but just used those tiny plaster strips from boots. It bled loads- all night. Do i leave it now? (happened 2 days ago)...

Whats damaged tissue?
ive just got back from the hospital with my son who 9, his brother stood on his hand and ever since was very painfull!..he was xrayed and had no breaks and they have told me he has damaged tissue, ...

Layoff because i was on light duty?
I was laid off as it seems because i was on light duty due to a work injury!!! When my superviser laid me off, yesterday, I was told that because of slow sales, the co. had to make a decision, to lay-...

How can one tell if they have a punctured lung?
So I am 16 and was pitching batting practice yesterday and did not get behind the screen in time and got nailed in the back of the rib with a baseball. It hurt but nothing that made me fall down and ...

If you twisted your ankle, how long would it take to heal?
Thing is, i need a really good reason not to go into work tomorrow but when i called in to the duty manager, he said i have to phone in the morning to see if i can walk, therefore, work!! It needs to ...

The small bruise under my big toe nail is now green! Do I have to chop it off?!?
I bang it up every week playing raquetball. Got rid of my nikes and ordered some adidas hoping to fix the problem. Just hope I can still squeeze in with all 5 toes!! Hate doctors, but will go if ...

Scars of any kind?
do you have any scars if so ...

Steroids??could they help???
Ok first dont preach I dont wanna hear it! I have a problem , with my shoulders to be exact. I hurt my shoulders at work 6 months ago,. I went to an orthepedic doctor who put me on various ...

Why is my daughter snapping a rubber band on her wrist? Is this the same as cutting?

Okay now Im reaally scared.?
last night i was couging so hard but thank god no blood showd up at all. but I guessed that that was from when Icoughed so hard i brok a blood vessel o something like one of my other friends have ...

Eliana Lombay
Cut on my tongue?
I have this big scrape/cut on my tongue
no idea how i got it
but it really hurts to eat and talk and even when my mouth is just closed I need to be careful my tongue is in a comfortable position cause if it touches the sides it hurts so bad
the cut is on the side of my tongue
I have a job interview tomorrow and I cant even talk right
is there anythin to make it better its already been 4 days and i dont see it gettin better
Additional Details
I've heard i laugh alot in my sleep
could i have been laughin and bit my tongue?

Live-to-love♥
Rating
dunno

Caitlin R
Rating
Orabase. I think you can get it at walgreens or CVS, but just COVER the cut and all around it. it numbs the pain, and your tounge will feel wird but at least you can get throught your interview. if you want something better, go to your orthodontist/dentist and ask if they have something to numb the pain. I think they give you stuff called hurricane or something, thats what they gave me.

Mary Kay K
The best way to heal any mouth injury is usually just rinsing with salt water every night before bed. It should heal quickly and you'll be back to normal in no time.

caffsans
rinse your mouth with salt water or peroxide =be sure not to swallow either one

alfthecarpenter
Jeez man, quit stickin your toungue in strange places!! Meanwhile rinse with salt water, may sting but will help. If you've got the balls, rinse with peroxide . hurts like a BITC* but works wonders, just DON'T SWALLOW and rinse repeatedly with water after you are done. good luck

Misty Eyes
Rating
Tylenol will help with the pain.
Otherwise, avoid spicey foods and food with salt. Avoid all hot items until it heals. It could take a week or more for your tongue to heal.

Get better soon!

Anon.
Rating
see a doctor. it might be a serious infection.

mlkirchgessner
explain to them the situation when you get there they'll understand. oh by the way ..you are supposed to lick the side of a knife not the edge you idiot!!

Misty
Rating
call your doctor. they usually don't charge for semi-emergencies like that. or at least some don't anyway. see what he/she says.

as for your interview, you might want to call them and say you are very willing to join their company, however you will need to reschedule it due to a medical emergency. see if that's ok.

are you one of those people who gnaw while they are sleeping? i know my sister does that. maybe that's how you got your cut.

ash
well are you sure it's not a canker sore? go to the drug store and get a numbing medicine you can put it right on the cut and it takes the pain away. ask the pharmacist. it's not expensive either.

♥jonasbrothersarehott(:♥
try going 2 the doctor or pharamacy before the interview because u dont want it be get invefcted

Moo Moo Mair
This sounds gross, but gargle with some salt water, then gargle with some hydrogen peroxide. It will hasten the healing by getting rid of mouth germs. Also, there is a canker sore medicine that you can spread over the sore and it will actually cover it and keep it from getting more sore by rubbing against the teeth. Its like a protective barrier. I wish I knew the name of it, but I don't...I am sure if you ask a pharmacist he/she will know. good luck on the interview!

Super Girl =]
Rating
use tyenol and then put that numbing oitment for your gums on it. i really hope you get better and get the job!! :-)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy