Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Bruising...Does anybody know how to heal bruises quickly?
Can anybody tell me of any products that promote quick healing of bruises?
Thanks....

When I power walk I get Shin Splints, what is causing them?
How can I prevent them?...

Neck injury out of nowhere? Please help??
I have school in one hour and have to decide quickly whether or not I'm going to school.

Here's the problem. I missed yesterday's classes because of a very stiff, sore neck ...

Can anyone go to my 360 page and tell me what plasticsurgey as in reconstructive kind i would benefit from and
as i believe i am deformed somehow thanks and lots of people have called me ugly and give me dirty looks ...

How come the palms of your hands don't scar?

3/8" staple fully into center of palm. Would this cause nerve damage to fingers?
Quickly removed it. [cause: new 'reverse' action staple gun, and a quick last staple...] It bled out. Now I am aware of stiffness and soreness in index and second finger....

What is the lump you can feel just above your belly button??
if you lay flat and press just above your button until u can feel a lump it moves aswel, does anyone no what this is?...

What is the fasted way to get rid of burns?(not sunburn)?
I was stupid enough to play tennis without sneakers or any form of footware..in another word barefoot. I was visiting a friend's house, and we went to the park..i had sandles on. We played ...

How soon after hitting your head can you go to sleep?
I was sitting on the couch and my 21month old daughter knocked a heavy statue on my head. Boy did it hurt. It was funny but omg do I have one heck of a head ache?! As soon as it hit me she leaned ...

Who can beat me today..?
I have:
shin splints, so I cant walk very far or for very long.
a pain in my coccyx when I stand up.
a blister, and Im wearing flip-flops which keep rubbing it.
AND I'm ...

Broken scaphoid, recently out of cast.............?
well, out yesterday in fact. I was so happy i forgot to ask the doc. for either exercises or a support. Now my question is this: do i in fact need either the exercises or the support?? many thanks<...

What should i do! my 46 year old mom fell down the stairs and hurt her rib!?
do i call emergency room! we dont have ...

Hurt my tailbone! How can I make it heal better faster?
Other than laying, sitting, not moving, not working, taking Advil, etc. Any advice would be appreciated...I am in a LOT of pain!!! Thank you!...

Did i fracture my wrist? or sprain it?
Today while playing soccer somebody kicked the ball and it hit my wrist and bent it back. i had a slight fracture on this wrist before and it hurts reely bad. its throbbing and it hurts to bend, move,...

Is it possible to sprain your knee?

Is it normal that five days after sprained ankle cannot rotate ankle to sides or extend it all the way?
or extend it all the way down like stretching
Additional Details
i do not have a good story for those who asked..i was going to get in my car and stepped off the curb wrong which was a ...

My nose ring hurts!!?
i took out my nose ring today for about 5 minutes, and when i tried to put it back in, it wouldn't go through!! and now it really hurts but i got it through.. why do i need to force it through ...

What would happen if you got shot right on your belly button?
if someone shot your belly button w/ a gun, would it be better or worse than if you got shot anywhere else?
i'm just curious.............

Why does the EMTs and ER staff cut off a person's clothing when it's obvious where the injury is located?
For example, if a person is stabbed in the stomach then why cut off the bra too? Once the person is in the operating room then all the clothing is cut off? Why do they do that?...

Can anyone that knows about wrist pain diagnose my problem? Video included PLEASE help =(?
This is slightly long but I just want to be very detailed

So I went to the gym last night and did chest (laying down with my arms strait up and out) I did 3 sets of 65 which was not all ...

TOAO
Could one lose a limb because of cutting blood circulation while sleeping?
I always have a problem of waking up to a numd arm after sleeping on it for a long time. It got worse and scary when i woke up once an fell because my leg was too numb to support me. I do not know if i might totally kill one of my limbs one of these days. is it possible?

robertryan72
Rating
no

~*¤PR §W33+ii3¤*~
Rating
yes it is quite possible. if u r cutting off circulation then u r depriving that area of oxygen, which is needed for the tissues. without oxygen, the tissues die and the limb is lost. however, dont freak. it takes a long period of time for this to happen, depending on the limb...the length of the limb is also a factor because there are more or less tissues for a bigger or smaller limb. make sure to ask a doc. however, i doubt u get enough sleep per night to hav such a gr8 effect on ur limb, let alone the fact that i doubt u sleep on ur arm long enough for loss of it even if u do sleep for a long enough time for this to be possible. well, ask a doc, its kinda hard 4 me 2 say cuz i don noe how long per night u sleep on it but 99.9 times out of 100 ur ok!!! still...doc. ok?

Jessica P
Rating
it possible but highly unlikely

rebeccasventure
Stop sleeping with bent limbs. Keep your arms from being bent over your head or covering your face. Don't hang limbs off of the bed. Don't sleep in chairs.
Every time my b/f sleeps he would wake in the morning from pain and numbness with occasional numbness though out the day. Since we have put a focus on this , the numbness is down from every day to 1-2 times a week. The numbness has been occurring for 1 1/2 years. Our efforts against this has been months. And to answer your question, yes you can kill living tissue with a shortage of oxygen enriched blood.

skyehigh
Rating
Usually the loss of a limb caused by poor or no circulation is the result of a more serious condition, like blood clots or diabetes. I don't think that any numbness felt from sleeping wrong ever caused anyone to actually lose a limb, tho. Now, the numb LEG might be a cause for concern, because a noted lack of blood circulation, again, is a sign of something much more serious. I have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, and often I wake up and can literally thump my hand against the wall and not feel a thing. By the way, some people have skin problems in the limb that is being deprived of enough oxygen, dry peeling skin, unhealthy nails, wounds that won't heal. On the subject of your leg, I would see a doctor about that. And about your arm, unless you can see signs of the skin like I mentioned above, I don't think you have anything to worry about there. But the leg tho,...get that checked out. Just to be safe.

drkong_182
i don't know i have often wondered the same thing...i always wake up and my arm is completely numb. I have to actually pick it up with my other arm to move it.

douglas_haley
No it is not possible to kill one of your limbs because the circulation will continue. the reason you limbs go numb is because the nerves don't recieve signals because the blood supply has dropped. But it is still there. You've got nothing to worry about

kokopelli
you may have circulatory health problems,or diabetis,check
yourself

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy