Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I got a hickie on my lip! how do i make it go away?please help?

What should you put on a cut to make it heal quickly?

Swelling tips?
my eye has swollen pretty badly.

Are there any other ways to make the swelling go down besides ice?...

How do you get rid of a black eye quickly?

Funny story.Slammed finger,now its black...and hurts bad.anything i can do?
So yesterday morning someone was telling me i looked really smart in my outfit i was wearing. As i was thanking them and trying to look good for someone cute next to me, I slammed my locker shut.on ...

How reliable are MRI tests?
Is an MRI capable of missing something in the body where systemic pain is felt in the back and leg area?...

Vitamin E oil?
My daughter got bit in the face by a dog 2 weeks ago today. She had almost 30 stiches. The stiches came out last week. It is closed and I am putting bacetracin on it to keep it moist. The plastic ...

Is there any way to tell if you broke your toe?
Just ...

Can eardrums be replaced?
when one of my friends was cleaning her ears,she saw that she had a lot of ear wax in the deeper part of her ear,it was seen by looking at the amount of wax on the ear bud,she decided to push further ...

Bruising...Does anybody know how to heal bruises quickly?
Can anybody tell me of any products that promote quick healing of bruises?
Thanks....

When I power walk I get Shin Splints, what is causing them?
How can I prevent them?...

Neck injury out of nowhere? Please help??
I have school in one hour and have to decide quickly whether or not I'm going to school.

Here's the problem. I missed yesterday's classes because of a very stiff, sore neck ...

Can anyone go to my 360 page and tell me what plasticsurgey as in reconstructive kind i would benefit from and
as i believe i am deformed somehow thanks and lots of people have called me ugly and give me dirty looks ...

How come the palms of your hands don't scar?

3/8" staple fully into center of palm. Would this cause nerve damage to fingers?
Quickly removed it. [cause: new 'reverse' action staple gun, and a quick last staple...] It bled out. Now I am aware of stiffness and soreness in index and second finger....

What is the lump you can feel just above your belly button??
if you lay flat and press just above your button until u can feel a lump it moves aswel, does anyone no what this is?...

What is the fasted way to get rid of burns?(not sunburn)?
I was stupid enough to play tennis without sneakers or any form of footware..in another word barefoot. I was visiting a friend's house, and we went to the park..i had sandles on. We played ...

How soon after hitting your head can you go to sleep?
I was sitting on the couch and my 21month old daughter knocked a heavy statue on my head. Boy did it hurt. It was funny but omg do I have one heck of a head ache?! As soon as it hit me she leaned ...

Who can beat me today..?
I have:
shin splints, so I cant walk very far or for very long.
a pain in my coccyx when I stand up.
a blister, and Im wearing flip-flops which keep rubbing it.
AND I'm ...

Broken scaphoid, recently out of cast.............?
well, out yesterday in fact. I was so happy i forgot to ask the doc. for either exercises or a support. Now my question is this: do i in fact need either the exercises or the support?? many thanks<...

eccentric_firefly
Can you get an abscess from shooting up oxy?
I was wondering if you can develop an abscess from shooting up oxycontin. My friend is in critical condition at the hospital. He abuses oxy's and has recently begun to inject them. At first, the doctors were thinking he had gotten bit by a brown recluse spider. Does anyone have any ideas?
Additional Details
I know that it is bad and a stupid thing. I don't know what to do other then tell the doctors. He is not really a friend, he is my partners father. The doctors have put in a pick line and are giving him diluted(spelled wrong). They say he has an pus pocket on his spine now. My partners family is in denial, and I feel that all of this is caused by drug abuse. If I told, would the doctors say I told them?

Anonymous
Rating
If he's using dirty needles an abscess is the least of his worries.

Carl
Did you learn anything from your friend being in the hospital?
Yes, I have an idea. Some people are just stupid.

smooth_stalin
Why do oxy when you can shoot up meth, liquid cocaine, PCP, or heroin. Can't he get the good stuff?

Not Guilty!
Yes, dirty needles and injecting in the same spot can introduce infection.

thewildeman2
Rating
Yes, air pockets get created and then they get infected. Bingo, abcess. Your friend needs to be honest with the drs. The treatment for the abcess is going to be very similar to treating a recluse bite as it is, but he has got to be up front and stop shooting up before he kills himself with an airbubble to the heart.

Tony R
Rating
yes

wcanoodle
Sounds like MRSA...that sometimes looks like a spider bite and it can get bad really fast if untreated.
http://www.righthealth.com/Health/pictures_mrsa/-od-images_1-s

It is an infection that is healed or controlled by antibiotics. Have the doctors get a culture and sensitivity on it done to see if that is what it is.

Of course it could be a spider bite too.

L S
Rating
You can get an infection from shooting up anything, even sterile, doctor ordered medication injected by a nurse using clean technique. If an infection like that goes untreated long enough, and abscess can form. That sort of abscess is usually caused my staph, which is present on your skin most of the time. Due to so many people misusing antibiotics, there are now a lot of resistant strains of bacteria, MRSA being one of the best known and most common. If your friend contracted MRSA due to illicit drug use, he could very well be in extremely serious condition because the infection may now be rampant throughout his body. In other words, he may be septic.

freakinmommy
Are you crazy? Shooting up Oxy is not something that sounds healthy in any way to me. Does it really sound healthy to you?

Cathrine K
Rating
Yes, you can get an abcess from injecting anything. A friend of mine is on dialysis and sometimes gets them. Your friend needs to be honest with the doctors and get some help.

Misty E
Yes he probably got it from shooting up and if you are a true friend you will tell his dr or nurse that in private so they will amke sure he gaets the help he needs. You dont have to let anyone eles know you told.

sexy infidel
Rating
You can get that from shooting up anything.

Tash
Rating
Maybe or maybe not about the spider bite --but abusing Oxycontin is a death sentence! Don't break it, crush it, dissolve it, shoot it up! My Lord death is what that is gonna cause! It is a matrix designed to be broken down in the digestive system over a 8-12 hour period of time. It is for cancer patients and the critically ill or chronic pain patients! I would tell his nurse of doctor for his own good! we had 6 people die in our hospital alone, all under 23, from dumb acts with Oxycontin. Only to be taken by the person it is prescribed to in the manner is was intended to take. Please help your friend, or your next visit will be the funeral home not the hospital. Sorry, but true. Prayers and God be with him. PLEASE get him some HELP, please.

>>If you told a doctor or nurse at the hospital, no they would not tell what or who said anything, they just want to save lives. They would probably do some blood work testing for it to see if it were true and then approach the family, it would look like they stumbled on it by accident, and not implicate you in anyway. You could also leave a note at the nurses desk for the doctor if you didn't want to speak to someone face to face. It would be a very good idea, I am glad you are thinking about helping, it is the right thing to do. Good Luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy