Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best way to stop self harming?
I have been self harming by cutting myself for 7 months and want to stop, what is the best way?...

What are steel toe caps boot designed for?
Someone told me that they have been designed to chop the toes off cleanly so that they cane be reattached easy.
i have always thought that they were designed to protect the toes from heavy ...

Can soaking your foot in vinegar and then going jogging really break your foot?
I heard an urban legend that it could and my friend and I got in a huge argument over it. See I think the vinegar would have to be touching the actual bone, not your skin? If this does work does the ...

Help! My brother got hurt and I don't know what is wrong or what to do!?
He fell on a sharp wall really hard and almost hit his spine! He says it really hurts and now there is a SUPER hard, sharp, terrible pain in his neck! Please! What is wrong and what should we do!?!?!?...

Ouch! any advice?
Hey there.
So yesterday we were out on a lake and decided to go tubing, when me and my friend fell off she sprained her knee and i hurt my neck.

Im not sure whats wrong with it, but ...

I have to get 6th grade shots soon and I'm sooooooo scared! Advice???
My friend said they hurt really bad. She said she screamed the whole time! Please give me advice!...

How could you get a nice infection on purpose?
PLEASE READ before you dismiss my question as nonsense.

I've got something going on with my foot that I'm considering trying to get it amputated. I know that most doctors won...

What does the word, post-operative, mean?

If every thing happens for a reason why did i break my arm?

What part of the human body you can put in your right hand but cant touch with your left?

How do you keep a limb dry in the shower?
I have just had my foot strapped up and have been told to keep the strapping dry for the next week and a half. I also need a shower. How can I keep it dry and the rest of me clean and sweet!...

Got a cure for a B-A-D sunburn?
Spent the Fourth on Lake Michigan and got so busy that I forgot to reapply sunblock...now I am shocked to tears every time I move. I need a soothing remedy for this burn!...

I was in a car accident 5 days ago i have lower back pain and rib pain & feels horrible should i see a doctor?

I accidentally got kicked in the eye at cheerleading, and now i have a bruise around my eye.?
it is black and blue and a little swollen. is this concidered to be a "black eye"? and what are some remedies, i dont want to be seen like this....

Head injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
A few days ago, after gym I was in the showers and the floor was very slippery. Of course I slipped and I banged my head on the cement floor. Ever since then I`ve had short dizzy spells (I don`t fall ...

Have you ever broken a bone ?
How ? and which bone ?...

What's the worst injury you have ever had?

How doyou fracture a bone? like, the easiest way
howcan you fracture your hand bone? the easiest way
and dont give stupid answers!
like, waysyou can do it in the house!

In a bike accident 4 days ago, now my left foot is super swollen. Could this be a sign of internal bleeding?
I hit the pavement really hard on my left side of my body. The next day and the day after that, I could not cough or laugh due to intense pain under my ribs and below my ribs. I have a bruised, ...

I'm scared...please help me!?
I'll just get straight to the point. A few months ago, in april, i was taking a walk through the cemetary by my house and a man came up behind me. He held me at gunpoint and raped me. I thought ...

boom
Can i super glue a cut or a wound ?
if yes would it be healthy or cause any farther injuries

Margaret k
no don't take a risk unless its the medical kind. but just u a liquid band aid :] :] :] :] :]

Peatea
Rating
Technically you probably could, however, I don't recommend it... leave super gluing a cut or wound to the professionals (just because they may use something different than typical house hold super glue).

If you have a cut clean it out really well with hydrogen peroxide, place some neosporin on it, and use a band-aid, or liquid band-aid (found at drug stores). If you think the cut is too deep and may require stitches or super gluing see a doctor, they'll be able to take care of it and still keep it sterilized.

Hope this helps. :-)

John R
Rating
I have before but I would use it as a last resort. There's a good chance you'll reopen the wound when you peel the super glue off.

Bunny
Superglue can be used as a liquid suture in an EMERGENCY, when the hope of help might be far off. Like, say, if you were hiking in the woods, and got attacked by a bear, and gashed pretty bad, and the only way to help keep the wound together was superglue. Otherwise, it's not a good plan. Bacteria can enter a cut, and superglue would seal it in, and infection would happen within hours. Any superglue applied would be removed by a doctor, to clean the wound.

Ayush
no, that will probably infect the cut because of the chemicals in the glue.

try getting the at-home stitches.
its just like glue...kinda, if completely liquid and you just plaster it on your wound and it should close it up.

:)

Jeff W
Rating
Super glue was invented to close wounds and surgical insisions. It was used for this a couble of years, and I remenber my father being glued shut after hernia surgery over 30 years ago. It is no longer used for some reason, my guess is that it seals to well and doesn't allow the wound to drain. Draining is what expells the things that cause infections. So, if you are out in the middle of no-where and risk bleeing to death, super glue may just save your live. If you can get to the ER, or control the bleeding though direct pressure and elevation, that would be your better option!!

KYRA
no, you can't do that.
when they glue your cut at the hospital it's a special glue for skin.
regular glue could get your wound infected, or worse, the poison from the glue could get into your bloodstream.
It will probably also burn like crazy!

California
Rating
Don't use any product that is not intendet for that, can burn your skin and infect it.
Something similar to that could be a Liquid bandage, you can find it at any drugstore or wallmart.

Lizzy
Rating
No way! That would infect it and make it even worse. If it is that bad go to the doctor. They may glue it or they may use stitches. They use a different kind of glue.

Lucia-la
Rating
Not super glue please :D
When you try to peel off the glue, with it will come your skin ...

Hane.Love.Ma
Rating
what????? no u cant,,,

Robert W
No, you should not bond a wound with super glue. Here's a quote from their material safety data sheet..

Contact with skin will result in burning and bonding with irritation. A skin sensitiser. Repeated or prolonged skin contact may lead to allergic contact dermatitis.

N2jazz
I would recommend against it. There are more sterile and comfortable ways to take care of cuts. However, superglue was used early on in its life as a medical product to stop bleeding. It was denied an FDA approval though because it was found to lead to skin irritation. I would much rather slap a bandaid and some antibiotic ointment on there.

Hope this helps!

:-)

Cheers
I used superglue for that before. But since then I heard that superglue contains arsenic or something like that. The kind doctors use is medical grade.

mnkbtt10
Rating
No.... The chemicals in it are harmful. Use medical glue that is specially made to help protect and heal the wound.

Angel3192
Rating
I heard you can but make sure you close the wound and put the glue OVER it, not in it.

Delaina77
I know people who have used Super Glue with no problems. However you don't want to get it into the wound so if it doesn't close nicely I wouldn't try it. Also if the cut is too deep you really need to have a doctor stitch it up.

Mafiosa
I wouldn't recommend it. You are putting yourself at risk of infection. The quickest way to get rid of a cut is to immediately wash it with an antibacterial soap, put neosporin on it, and cover it with a band-aid.

Ro
Rating
Why don`t you use liquid band-aid.......

My Final Answer
It's not for medical use. I tried it after I sliced a gash almost to the bone on my pinky finger cutting lemons. After doing the "Lambada" for about 90 minutes assisted with the stinging, I found some super glue and sealed the skin flap shut. It's been years and the wound has disappeared. Except for an occasional mind spasm causing me to clean the house, I'm fine. Psyche!

chivista de corazon
i'd do it

Nancy Kay
Rating
...there is surgical glue for exactly that, but do not use "Super Glue" or any brand not specifically made for medical use...

Susan G
Rating
I have used super glue on small skin cracks and very small cuts but not on anything major. It's better to just wash a cut and let it air out naturally but if you have to work with your hands then the super glue works pretty well.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy