Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

HELPPPPPPPP...pleaseeeeee...
i got my belly button pierced a couple days ago and ive been cleaning it, and now its red and its bothering me is it infecteddd
o and i use peroxide + salien water to clean ...

I hurt my foot and not sure what is wrong???? Please help!?
Thursday the 14th of this month, a 10lb board fell onto my foot. The corner/edge of the board (it’s a shelf from a cd/dvd stand) well it fell on the top edge of my right foot. It hit like 1 ½ ...

What was your most painful injury?

What kind of sickness do i have?
okay so this morning i woke up and i was extremely tired, but as the day went on it kept getting worse and worse and it got to the point where i basically couldnt move my legs or arms. now i like ...

I just shot my right hand off and i cant dial on the phone what do i do?

Did you know 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year?

My ankle hurts....please help?
I was playing soccer earlier today after midday and slid on the grass with my ankle LOCKED. I fell down and It hurt for a minute and then got back up and it felt fine. And now it is hurting so bad. I...

Leg cramps????
I get leg cramps every once in a while and they are really painful. I usually get them and they go away after a minute or two but the muscle still stays a little tight after. But this one happened on ...

I have a piece of toothpick stuck in my foot, it's really painful. Someone please, a little advise!?
Someone in my house conviently left a toothpick on the floor and in the process of walking across the livingroom my right foot brushed hardly into it. It penetrated near my middle toe. My first ...

Help mom fell off a ladder?
my mom was painting outside and fell off a ladder about 8 ft high, but she was on the top step. she fell on her back and she cant move....what should i do?...

Stubbed my toe, think its broke, how do i tell?

My friend is having an alergic reation and his throat is swole how long do you think it will take for it to go

My toe is turning blue?
Hi,
About two hours ago I jammed my toe into a wooden stool. After taking care of it and two hours later I look closer at it and notice my toe is blue. It is still throbbing and still hurts and ...

I have a really sharp pain on my side right below my rib cage. What could it be?
I woke up this morning with a really sharp pain in my side. I did nothing earlier that day that could have caused it but sat on my butt. It hurts to walk, twist, and bend down. i had to miss my ...

My toenail got ripped off! help!?
i bumped my toe into the stairs and my toe nail got ripped off. right now im cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide but how do you clean with it? i pour it into a tissue and try to wipe the toe. i want ...

I need an opinion?
i had surgery over a week or so ago... and i have staples... i went home with the staples and am now experiencing some drainage where part of the staples are.. and now that i look at their is a small ...

I think i broke my ankle help!!!!
i was playing with my puppy and i tripped while playing and i fell and i cant walk now! i am home alone and i am 11. my cell phone is dead so what do i do now???!!!!
Additional Details

I hit my knee on brick!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!?
i was walking on a mini golf course and my sandal slipped and my knee hit the brick and my knee is swollen like allot i can walk but after a while it hurts and its hard to bend it what can i do ????!...

I think i may have broken my leg?
its been three weeks and i already got advise from some people on here. if you have already answer my other question plz dont answer again. i fell three weeks ago and my leg is still bruised a little ...

Should I get a part-time job?
I got a full-time job and take classes at night. I also not too long ago had a part-time but had to quit to due to too many hours. Should I dive right back into it after a break or, considering my ...

jermz408
Can an employer fire you when you are injured on the job?
I was injured at work on Feb 2 and have been out since then. I got a letter stating that I was terminated on March 13 and that it was retroed back to Feb 2nd. Should I be getting a lawyer now?
Additional Details
I passed the drug test, filled all proper paper work in a timely manner and filed for worker's comp. and went to the doctor they wanted me to see which is the current doctor on the case.

Crawfish
Rating
was your injury work related and due to negligence on their part, or did you trip on you own feet going to get coffee?

stay_fan1
Rating
Did you notify your employer that you were injured at work?
Did you file a Worker's Comp claim?
Did you comply with your employer's requirements concerning attending doctor's appointments, return to work dates, etc.?

My guess is you got hurt at work, and didn't tell anyone. If that's what happened - you are SOL, dude!

Dinealle
No, they can't fire you - get an attorney!! Also try and remember whether or not there were any witnesses to the accident and get in touch with them. The company should be insured for Workmen's Compensation and it is highly likely that they aren't and that is why you were terminated. Hope this helps- God Bless!!

selectiveimage
Rating
yeah I would, did you pass your drug test?, that's the only way they could really fire you for a job related injury.

Tapestry6
You should be drawing disability insurance or workman's compensation which is also is paid out by your employer.
He may be trying to get out of paying you. Call your local unemployment office and get that started too... tell them what happened and see if you have a recourse to take through the state. Lawyers are expensive and they take at least 60% of whateever you might win so that isn't worth the hassle.

native
Rating
get a lawyer unless you were on drugs at the time.

reedthedork
yes, sue, and remember to tell the court that you were later fired because you got hurt (unless you got hurt by your own doing)

bugs280
Rating
Yes and no. Not really enough details here. Did you follow the accident reporting policy? Did you seek medical treatment? Did you file a Workman's Comp. claim? Did they do a drug test? Did you test positive for anything. A friend was recently fired and is receiving no benefits after breaking her leg on the job, because she tested positive for marijuana. She has no legal recourse in Michigan.
Contact an attorney in your area that specializes in Workman's Comp. and discuss the issue.

Kellie
I think you should call the lawyer. Not knowing what type of job you have, how you were injured, if you have a union, or a contract doesn't give me a good idea on how to answer your question. But you can give all that information to a lawyer and see if you have a case.

Good luck

D
Depends on What State you live in, but it would be worth checking with an atty and finding out your rights

Ricky D
Rating
Yes. or some help from a union. And you will probably need to be able to prove you were injured all this time, rather than skiving off, and that the injury was work-related.

booboo
Rating
You need a workers comp attorney.

dances with unicorns
I'd definitely be looking for an attorney; I'd also report them to your state's department that deals with employment issues.

moe
Every state is different when it comes to work injuries, An attorney will usually give free consultations or "ask a lawyer" is a free service in my state from the bar assoc. That would be listed in your yellow pages under attorneys. Attorneys specializing in your type question of work related injuries would be the best to consult. Do not sign a thing from your job until consulting with an attorney first though cause a settlement today could ruin your future if the injury causes future problems. I would seek Workman's comp at least to make sure you have an income while you re-coop as well

LadyJones04
Rating
Yes they can fire you for any reason they please...best bet is to get a workers comp attorney. I got injured on the job in 07/03 and was told by the employer that it was a workers comp issue. I didn't want to go that route, but they pushed me to it. When I was told I could never work a standing job again, I got an attorney for it. They ended up paying for all my dr.'s bills & what not & also gave me a $20k settlement. (And they didn't even fire me!!). You should definitley talk to someone. I am in the state of CA and most workers comp attorneys are free until you get your settlement. (My total settlement would've been 30k). Hope that helps! Good luck & feel better!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy