Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Help! I cant hear after cleaning out my ear!?
ok so I know now not to put q-tips inside of my ear, but I didnt know that about an hour ago. Thing is, for about a week now off n on but especially when I lay down in any position, what feels like ...

Emergency!!!!!!!!!!!?
SOO I in the spur of the moment...now I have been feeling like this for two years.. So today I had a REALLY bad day and I just wanted it to end so I (not thinking) got really suicidal and swallowed ...

What is causing me to bruise so easily?
I'm 25 and I never used to bruise so easily and the bruises will stay with me for weeks sometimes....

I cut myself?
i cut myself last night and i have gym tomorow, how do i get rid of the cuts or make them less noticible
Additional Details
yes, i did it on purpose, i was pissed off, i've done it ...

How do you remove an aluminum hunting arrow from your shoulder?
My brother and I were playing in the back yard with my dad's compound hunting bow. My brother put an apple on my head and tried to shoot it. I didn't think that he was actually going to ...

Does anyone know how bad a stubbed toe actually hurts?
i talk to ppl and they are like, oh it not that big of deal, well it hurts, and it will continue to hurt for acouple days, and untill it happens to u, u will disagree with me, but if it has already ...

Is it normal for a new tattoo to heat up?
i got it yesterday and now its burning up not too bad like, its not burning me, it jus feels hot wen i touch it....

Shouldi/ Can i Claim compensation????
Hi i work as a part time cleaner and i recentley had a problem where i was trying to pullthe hose out on the Vacum cleaner provided.
Round them rim was rusty and i was unable to get it out so i ...

I have a long term elbow injury and the pain killers the doc gave me are not always effective?
when i play my guitar i have the pain all ...

My wrist has been hurting for a while!! Ive tried Icy hot and other pain relievers! is there something else?
Can anyone help? It kind of feels like the bone is pinching my nerve and it only hurts when I turn it to the right! is there anything I can do?? Im a softball pitcher!...

Do you know anyone who self injury's?
My friend ha cut herself for awhile now but now that it is summer she is scared to wear short sleeves. she doesn't want anyone to ask her about it. If you know someone who does this how do ...

Shall I go back to work tomorrow ?
I hurt my ankle last week Monday and I was going to go back to work tomorrow. However, when I spoke to them this morning they said they can give some work to do in the office for this week, but I ...

All doctors, HELP ME MY TOE HURTS!!!?
So my toe hurts really bad. No when I leave it alone but when i put slight pressure on it. And it is kind of red, and skin is falling off and getting all hard. and just now, white stuff just cam out ...

(SERIOUS QUESTIO!!!) I was getting out of a jacuzzi tub on Friday night/Saturday morning and it was dark and I
was tipsy and I fell and hurt my leg very badly. I have a giant bruise on my knee and the whole leg is super stiff and my ankle is a bit swollen. I have never hurt myself like this before. I think it ...

How long will it take to heal a pulled mussel in my leg?
I think I pulled a mussel in the back of my left leg because when I stand on it it hurts like crap! I think i did it in gymnastics yesterday, trying to go from a handstand to a back bend! I was ...

Can you please help ??
ive had two operations on my wrist and needing a total of 4 months off work sick with full pay. ive been back to work for two months now and im back to doing full duties. my employer now wants me to ...

Is my friend teling porkies? please answer?
my friend fell over about a week and a half ago and she went to hospital. the next day she came back to school with a sling on and said she'd broken her arm.
today she came to school and ...

What's the difference between a fractured bone and a broken bone?

Is this a serious injury ?
Yesterday, I got kicked in the stomach so hard I stopped breathing for 10 seconds while I was recovering my breath. My stomach hurt all day so that I couldn't eat and when I walked I felt a ...

Who has ever gotten a black eye?
What's the funniest reason that you had a black eye?

Mine was getting hit in the face with silly putty...lol...

Was there an easy way to make it less noticeable?...

enchilladasrgood
Broken Hand, What could happen if Not Fixed?
so i broke the back of my hand in a baseball game last night... i dont want to get a cast on it, so i could continue to play, but what could happen if i dont get a cast on it? could it get worse?

Taylor(:
you definitely need to cast it.
theres no point in not casting it. because either way, you wont be able to catch or throw with the hand anyways.
i guess it all depends on the extent of the injury.
i know baseball ? but how did it happen ?
hit by a pitch ? or what

Caroline H
you should definitely get a cast. a doctor can make sure the bones set right so you can get back in the game ASAP. a friend of mine had a broken finger and left it alone and now it's bent kind of weird and doesn't work as well, but it's too late to fix now. do something about it now, you'll thank yourself later!

misstraceyrick
Rating
You need to go to an ER - now - if you don't, whatever you think you've broken will never heal in correct alignment and you'll end up with a mis-shapen, disfigured hand!!! As a sportsman, its not what you want or need - bite the bullet and go and see a doctor at your nearest hospital, its in your own best interest! Good luck to you and good luck in your next game - with your healed hand of course!!!

McCain/Palin '08
screw up your hand...pain....no baseball....arthritus (check sp.) pain,...oh ya...did I mention pain?

heliosmax8
Rating
bone wont grow together straight as it should, later u might brake it again even worse cause of that and it will hurt even if you wont brake it again. also you might not be able to move your hand as much as u did before u broke it.
dude, dont be stupid...dont even try,
4 real

Red Sox World Champs 07!!!!!
from a fellow baseball player it is early enough if you wanna put a cast on it go ahead, but i really dont see a problem with playing on it unless its on your throwing and and it interferes or gets you into extremley sever pain, especially when batting. i broke my finger and so i just tape it up before every game and im good to go, untape when its time to bat, then tape it back up when i go back into the outfield

jan s
Rating
You really need to have your hand xrayed and evaluated by an orthopedic Dr.

There is a myth that if you can move your injured part (hand, arm, leg, etc.) that it is not broken. This is absolutely not true.

Not properly treating a broken bone can lead to decrease in function and deformity.

Medical care is very expensive here in the USA, but any ER must see and treat you if you have an emergent or urgent medical or surgical problem. Many healthcare facilities will also set up a payment plan for you.

Medical expenses are the #1 cause of bankruptcy in the US. Bottom line, we need HEALTHCARE REFORM so that when a person is injured, they can easily seek and receive appropriate medical care.

cheriii
Rating
ya! the cast helps put the bone you broke in place and if you keep playing when it's broken it won't get fixed and when you do decide to get it checked and put a cast on it you'd be wearing it for even longer.

Winters child
you could end up a cripple. go get a cast why do you waste time go go go now

Christina C
Rating
it will heal wrong to the the ER now

oobaby
Rating
yea it could definetely get worse!! you need to go to the doctor

So!
It will look horribly disfigured and misshapen. Down the road when you get older, you might have more pain that you bargained for, just because you wanted to throw a ball.

Its crazzy.. what can i sayy?
if you dont get a cast on.. then it will get worse.. and most likely result in surgery.. because you are doing more damage to the tissue and the bone.... SO get a cast.. TRUST ME ITS NOT THAT BAD!

and you get ppl to take pitty on you ;) lol always a bonus!

soo my recommendation... GET A CAST! even though you may not want it.. ITS WAYYY BETTER then the outcome if you dont get a cast!

well hope ur hand feels better

<3 good luck!

トライエッジ
If you broke your hand...like the bones in your hand, you will not be able to play baseball ever again. I am suprised that you can type with a broken hand (unless you are using only one hand) It is better that you get a cast on it for now, let it heal, and then you will be able to play again in a few weeks.

If you leave it broken it will become very red, puffy, and inflamed, because the broken bones will cause a lot of problems internally.

But if you can use your hand it is more likely than not, not broken.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy