Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Head injury..........need imput?
12 year old child received head injury kicking in bed and kicked a wooden stand that hold beanie babies off her wall.....violent sleeper. It landed on the upper right part of her head....not on the ...

I have scoliosis. I have been wearing a back brace for 2 months. I'm scared. Will I need surgery?
I have been wearing my back brace for 2 months. I have moderate scoliosis. I have a 30 degree curve. Last month, I got an x-ray with the brace on to see if it was working and the curve went down to 16...

I have a dislodged disc in my back,i playing football a lot,is there anything i can do to make my back better?
some days my back kills me,and i charnt go to ...

Chest, back and arm pain?
I've been having mild chest pain right on my sternum, below my breastbone (it hurts when I press on it and take deep breaths) and also lower and upper back pain on left side. the back pain is ...

Are you supposed to shave your whole leg(upper and lower) or just the part below the knee? When should I start

Toenail is falling off!!! right before flip-flop season!! Ahhh, help!?
Ok, I went skiing about ... i want to say six weeks ago. I came home and my toe was THROBBING. About 2 days later the toenail was green/brown/blue... then it became purple/brown. I haven't ...

Hiya, I broke my collarbone a week ago the bone sticks out and the bruising and swelling is huge?
I am on strong painkillers, i was knocked of my scooter. i am bored stiff now as i have 6 to 8 weeks off work, has anyone else broken theres and if so how do they manage the house work, is it ok to ...

I acidentally got high....now im so out of it! help!?!?
this morning i took some pills and i think i got high of them., and i took more after school, and now im like so out of it, i barely remember my own name, my head feels like its hollow with building ...

How do you know if you've pulled a muscle?
my calf is hurting so much and has been since this drill in rugby the other day, and ive stretched it and massaged it. i'm not sure if its pulled or something....

Why does a paper cut sting really badly but other cuts don't?

Additional Details
Okay, if it does slice thru nerve endings then why do other cuts not do that? I mean i've had paper cuts then i've had normal cuts on they do not feel the ...

I got some bruises on my face and i have to heal them quick?
hi i got into a messy situation, and i have a bunch of bruises and scratches on my face, i need to know how to heal them quick, im putting a lot of vitamin e on my face, is there any other ...

What is the best way to treat back injuries from a fall?
I have had X-ray which shows no fracture but the pain still shots from back to buttocks to leg. Help anyone? Has anyone tried an osteopath before?
Additional Details
Has anyone tried TCM ...

Did I just break the tip of my finger?
I just my finger into a very heavy metal doorjam, hard, really hard, now my tip of my finger is going numb (although I can slightly move it at the joint) and there is a small pool of blood behind my ...

If a car door hits a thumbnail and general thumb area really hard (details inside) will the nail fall off?
So this is the situation:
my father slammed the door on his thumb.

It is now swollen, black, and purple ish.

He's going to the doctor tomorrow.

But he ...

How do i treat a torn back muscle?

I have lower back pain and Doctor wants to give me a shot in disc.?
I have a deflated disk in my lower back which allows my backbone to hit my sciatic nerve at times. Ive been going to chiropracter for over a year but pain keeps coming back. Another Doctor wants to ...

How to tell if bone is broken?
how can i tell if the top of my foot is ...

What do I do about knee and hip pain from working out?
My knee and hip started hurting after a workout the other day. What's up with that?
Additional Details
I was doing step ups on a stool....

I continually sprain my ankle during football, and its starting to become painful!any advice on strenghening ?
Can anyone recomend a ankle specalist in the manchester sale area ? or any advice on strenghtening my ...

Help me plz i am daing 2day?
I am dying, I have a butterfly in my ear and my toe nails are falling off. My skin is turning orange with a hint of pink and my tounge LEIK TTLY A SPLODED!

And my eye feels like it's ...

dark girl
Best thing to put on a new burn to prevent scarring?
I have just burnt myself and would like some info on what to put on the burn to help prevent it scarring. I have heard that keeping the burn moist helps. Right after i had done it, i did put it in cold water for ages so it hasn't blistered, but its very red and quite big. Thanks!

IzzyB
Rating
I think Vitamin E cream is good for reducing scarring.

The Instructor
Rating
rub savlon and moisturisers into it to hopefully help the skin heal. best advice i can offer sorry

Angeleyes
My GP advised me to put clingfilm on my daughters burn when she was little, he said it prevented scarring....
But that was only untill i got her to the hospital

randyandy_uk
Rating
Since the skin has been damaged by the burn the best thing might be to ask the nurse at your doctors or at your local pharmacist as they should know best.
Andy

one_realist
Hello. I would recommend putting TOOTHPASTE on your burn asap and let it soothe. DO NOT use butter or anything with butter in it as the salt will make it burn. As for scarring, I think Mederma may help with such things. That's my best advice and wish I could help you more. Take care!

Mum.of.twins
Believe it or not, I have always found that the best thing to do is to wet a bar of soap (has to be a solid bar - not liquid soap), rub the wet soap over the burn and then leave it to dry. My Dad once told me this when he used to work in a private hospital. I didn't try it for ages as I thought he was talking rubbish but once I did try it, I couldn't believe that it worked ! Now I always do that.

willowGSD
Rating
Do nothing except cover it with a non-fluffy piece of cloth or gauze for 24 hours. Then use one of the following:
Aloe Vera, if you have a plant cut a leaf and apply the sap or buy aloe vera cream!
Vitamin E, open a capsule and rub in the liquid, (especially good to prevent scarring)
Savlon cream, just rub in gently.
If the area is larger than a 50 pence piece see a Doctor!
Please don't put ice on it as someone suggested. It can actually burn it more! If it still hurts just use cold water again!

Lenwie
Rating
Get some vitamin A supplements from chemist (ones that are taken orally)and cut open and then rub the oil into your skin, worked wonders on my daughters chicken pox areas

What a guy!!
Rating
Conventional cures will leave you very sore for weeks, with possibly a scar forming afterwards.

However, if the skin is not broken, then lavender essential oil, the pure stuff from the correct shops, can be applied neat to the affected area. Once will probably do. The injury will be gone in the morning.

If the skin is punctured, then a bowl of warm clean water with a couple drops lavender essential oil added, which is then dabbed onto the effected area with a clean tissue will have the burn cleared up in a couple of days. Do this 3 or 4 times a day. No scar.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy