Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What is Whiplash?

Why does my foot (top and bottom) & toes hurt when it's my ankle i've broken?

Ok, can sum1 tell me if they know about this a little more than I do- knee ligaments?
2 years ago i was flung off a games pony but b4 i landed on the ground, i had a crash and another horse booted me on the knee in mid air. My knee ligaments are still weird ever since, an have not ...

Help me, i don't know what to do.?
my left shoulder blade is killing me, it hurts so bad. I feel like I am dying, or maybe its just me over thinking it because it is killing me. I rub it and lay on the heating pad, or rub some tiger ...

Is drawing blood supposed to hurt?
Hey guys,

I drew blood on Friday and I think something isn't right. I have small veins so whenever I draw blood I let the people doing it know, but they ignore me anyway. One time I ...

How to relieve soreness?
I started training to be a caddy on 4/5/08 and on the second week of training we had to run and ever since then my legs have been very very sore...and now every time we have to run i'm always ...

Do you think I've dislocated my shoulder?
Alright, so in gym the other day, I was playing handball. I jumped into the air to block a pass, but the kid who was meant to recieve it jumped as well, and I smashed my shoulder into his chest. I ...

Help me decide?
i'm chris..i just had my ankle sprained and there's no way i can walk on it....it hurts really really bad....the problem is that tommorow i'm having a birthday party with many friends ...

Have you ever dislocated your shoulder?
How long did it take to heal?
How did you do it?...

Did i sprain my ankle or fracture my foot?
I was walking down the stairs when my friend yelled my name and surprised me. This caused me to land on my foot funny in a way that bent my ankle 90 degrees toward the left. This morning I can move ...

Has anyone ever had their foot ran over by a car?
I was crossing the road today and all of the sudden this crazy driver raced out of no where almost running over my foot!! my feet was only an inch away from his car wheels!! i was so upset that he ...

Old injury?
i had a car accident in 2004 it was pretty bad. i did get some slight neck pain on my left side. i didn't go to the hospital cuz it wasn't nothing. but suddenly for the past day and a ...

What does a skull fracture feel like?
I fell like 4 feet through a bush and hurt my head alittle on wood chips. The spot feels alittle sore, only when I touch it. What are other symptoms of head trauma?...

I hurt my knee i need help please?
i was playing soccer and i jump to try to head the ball and i landed on my left leg and i felt my knee wanted to pop but it didn't!! now i walk and is weak and it hurts, when walking it kind of ...

delldude405
Ankle pain?
my ankle always hurts after long times on it. or if im making sharp movements (playing tennis) it stiffens up and hurts for about 1 day at the min and 3 days at the most severe pain. the pain is on the outside of my ankle at about the six o'clock of the rounded bone on my ankle. what do any of you think this is it been like this for 2 years and im only 19!
Additional Details
arthritis? you cant be seroius? how i thought that happened to old ppl. sorry

PreviouslyChap
Rating
Sounds to me as if you need to go in to see your friendly neighborhood orthopedic surgeon. Sounds like a ligament strain/sprain that keeps reoccuring because it is weakened. Go in and get evaulated.. perhaps some physical therapy with proper exercises with be able to fix this right up for you.

rememberseptember9112001
Rating
What Should You Do Now?
It's very important to follow your doctor's instructions. When you get home, remember RICE. We're not talking about the food. RICE is a way to remember how to take care of your injury. It stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.

Rest the injured part of the body.
Apply ice or cold packs to the injury. This helps bring down swelling, so the injured area will be less puffy.
Wear an elastic compression (say: kum-preh-shun) bandage or splint. Compression means to apply or press something together. When an injury is wrapped firmly, the pressure prevents swelling (puffiness).
Elevate, or raise, the injured part so it's higher than your heart. You can use pillows to raise it up. This also prevents swelling.
After 24 hours, it's OK to use warm compresses or a heating pad to soothe aching muscles. Take any pain medications that have been ordered by your doctor.

A strain takes about 1 week to heal. A bad sprain may take longer - as long as 3 to 4 weeks to heal or sometimes even longer. While your strain or sprain heals, take it easy and don't do stuff that could cause another injury.

If you've visited the doctor for your injury, you may have a follow-up visit to make sure everything is healing just right. When you're all healed, your doctor will give you the green light to do your favorite activities again!

For more information just click on the link below?

sugars_that_heal
Rating
Use what the Olympic Athletes use. Look at these 2 links and get back to me. I will tell you what to get.

teammannatech.com and glycoresource.com

snvffy
Rating
Use ice on it until you see the doctor. Don't play tennis or make any sharp movements. DON'T PUT THIS OFF.

mizzzzthang
Rating
If it helps to ice it, its tendonitis..........If heat helps it, it's arthritis, but see the doc to be sure and have an MRI done.......A friend of mine walked around for 2 years with a fractured hip (it was a hairline fracture) before she couldn't stand the pain anymore..........She had to have a replacement done because of that damage..........Take care, hun.........Doctors aren't all that bad, are they???????

sthomas27
Ice it for 15-20 minutes before and after exercise. Take a pain killer/anti-inflamatory as well. If this doesn't help, do the above and wear an ankle brace. If you must, check out a doctor, maybe a physical therapist. That will help.

Rach .
Rating
Sounds like onset of arthritis, but of course to make sure of this...you need to do blood tests.

Discovery Tunnelâ„¢. Super Gay EgO
See a Dr.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy