Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How to prevent the Bird-Flu?

Can a 6 week old get strep throat?

I'm on the tail end of the flu but I keep losing my breath?
I can't speak whole sentences without coughing. Can anybody tell me if there is something I can do to get the strength in my lungs back?
Additional Details
I visited the doctor last ...

What causes a sore throat is it a bacteria or virus?

How do you know if you have aids?

Does anyone know...?
the symptoms of the early stages of strep throat?...

I have 5 children, 10,9,6,3,2. the 9yr old has chicken pox starting the rash today.?
should my 4 other children stay home from school or other activities? or should we wait till other symtoms arrive?
Additional Details
The doctor has recommended i give my 10, 3, 2 year ...

How soon should i test myself for HIV after poking myself with a needle accidentally?
I am in medical school, accidentally poked myself with a needle after practicing drawing blood from a volunteer. This happened two days ago so when should i test?...

Dog faeces?????
i think i came into contact with some today on my hand not enough to see, but i could smell it.i put my hand pretty close to my nose, also.i had a can of coke and when i opened it i used the infected ...

Suggest some natural remedies for acute urinary tract infections. i am 7 months pregnant?

What should i eat after having the flu?
i havnt ate in 4 days and im juss getting over the flu what should i eat now and what should i eat after a week from ...

What causes yeast infictions?

Is leprosy contagious?
me n my ex partner used to argue about this all the time, some ppl say yes (highly contagious), some no n some ppl say there r different kinds of leprosy sum r n sum arent... what do u reckon?...

What is a soar throat cure besides the salt spit one?

What are the symptoms of hemangiosarcoma?
After reading several posts about a dog with hemangiosarcoma, I'm now actually starting to become worried about this. Can anybody tell me the symptoms of hemangiosarcoma? I have a small mixed ...

Will amaxicillin take away my UTI??? DESPERATE!!!?
i have reacurring UT's... i felt one coming on a few hours ago and now it's there full force... i can't get to a doctor today and go on vacation tomorrow... i have some amoxicillin and ...

Can pegylated interferon mess up tattoos at the injection site?
ive got a fairly large tattoo on my right thigh and i'm worried that it will be messed up from the injections. does anybody know?
Additional Details
i havent started the injections ...

How long does it take to die from hepatitis C??? answer please?
you guys never answer my questions, and i seriously need help with this.
Additional Details
i do have hepatitis C, i just found out yesterday....

Can you catch anorexia?
i was wonderin if anorexia is a disease and can you catch it?...

Why cant i get rid of my head lice?
Im 13yrs old and have had head lice for 3 weeks now ive tried head lice treatment but they dont kill all of them.They are really starting to hurt mu head. Im embarrsed about it and scared when my ...

this guy15
Will removing my tonsils help my strep throat infection?
i have strep throat and it hurts really really bad. ive been taking all the medications my doctor had gicvin me but it doesnt seem to work. so im thinking that i should get my tonsils removed. is it a good idea? oh and im 15.

Lucas J
Rating
No!!! Trust me, your tonsil acts as a filter. If you do get it removed you have a higher chance of getting sick more faster! I think the reason you have this is because you have not been keeping your mouth clean. I strongly recommend you brush your teeth 5 times a day! Keep it clean and try not to eat much candy as it can create more pain for you.

lillardlane
Yes, I had mine out because of bad sore throats.

Jane Hussein
It may help - I'm not sure. The good news is you can't get your tonsils out without talking to a Dr., so you'll be able to ask that question.

That being said, you can still get strep without tonsils.

energy dreamer
When I was a kid, almost everyone had their tonsils and adenoids removed. Today, doctors are reluctant to remove them for a variety of potentially correct reasons ... as one person noted ... they are part of your filtration system. In my case, I had 19 years of constant sore throats until finally I had them removed. I have not had either sore throats or any negative consequences since then ... decades later. Adults tend to have more problems with the removal than children but like I said I was 19 and while I had the worst sore throat ever for a few days after the surgery ... it has never really hurt again. Still it does not prevent you from getting either strep throat or viral or other respiratory tract infections. If you had strep a a child, it will not be as likely to cause the same harm if you get infected as an adult.

Something to check though ... I noticed that many of my childhood sore throats followed eating nuts and similar particulate foods. I noticed also that when viewing my throat, I could see little grayish while spots in or on my tonsils. Upon pressing the back of a spoon against the tonsil, out popped a half a nut ... with a very foul smell and ... like magic, my sore throat went away. That was when I decided to have my tonsils removed. As soon as I recovered from the tonsilectomy, I bought nuts and have been eating them in peace ever since.

Furthermore, my grandaughter had sleep apnea and siezures prior to her tonsilectomy and adenectomy and now she sleeps all night peacefully and has not had siezures for years. No snoring, no chocking, just silent, steady sleep.

Removing them is a tricky choice that should be made after reading lots about it, then consulting your doctor. Many will try to talk you out of it unless you can present logical reasoning and a history of related sore throats.

‚ô•Hannah's Mommy‚ô•
getting your tonsils removed will not cure a strep throat infection. Antibiotics will cure strep throat.
Tonsilitis is cured by having your tonsils removed.

thethingzuneed
Rating
you don't decide to get your tonsils removed. the doctors do.

You basically need to have a LOT of throat infections before they will even consider it.

dali333
Rating
yes absolutely. do it. i had mine out at about your age, never had strep again. but had it at least twice a year throughout my entire childhood before that.
the older you are, the more painful the recovery from the surgury, so dont wait. also, during recovery, make sure they give you pain meds that are strong enough for your body. i had a bad experience with that...they were giving me childrens tylenol....not good enough.

paganmom
Most likely they won't take your tonsils until the infection is cleared up. But if you do get them taken out it will stop a reoccurance

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy