Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My grandad suffered from severe schitzophrenia, will I get it too?

What should i do about a cold?

Why is there white cheesy stuff under the skin of my penus? is it dangerous?

What are some ways to fight the flu or cold before getting it?
I'm starting to see some of the tell tale signs of the flu. My throat feels a bit raspy and there's a lot of sick folk at school. How can I fight this flu before it gets me full on?

Should I buy these eye drops?
I have bad vision and I went to this herb medicine store and the lady offered me these eye drops that have hot pepper juice in them. They are used once a day and they burn for ten minutes.She said ...

OK, I have an eye infection - my doctor is crap! What can I do?
My eyes have been intermittently itchy/streaming since last wed - i.e. it is not constant, but mainly at night, they get really itchy and extremely irritated, and I wake up in the morning with my ...

I'm dying! What can I do?
I got the worse cold anyone's ever had in the whole world....

When will this planet become 'AIDS FREE' ?
World AIDS Day

World AIDS Day, observed December 1 each year, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection. AIDS has killed more than 25 ...

My grand daughter is due to get the MMR vaccine and my daughter is in a quandry as to what to do?
Should she have it or not? She is concerned with the possible connection between this vaccine and autism....

Strep Throat?
Yesterday I had a very sore throat, felt very dizzy, couldn't sleep because my muscles ached so much, and at 3:30 in the morning i went up to get a drink but i was so dizzy that i fainted in the ...

Is a viral infection contiguous?
my one year old has got rash from neck to feet, little red raised spots, with slight fever and off food. doc says viral infection, and not contiguous, but now two year old daughter has same thing....

My husband has the flu and a temperature of 102.7. What do I do?
We went to the dr. earlier today and they gave him medicine for the flu, he's been drinking liquids, and taking tylenol, but it doesn't seem to be helping....

I want to find out what is the situation like in america have they succeded in getting a cure for AIDS?
i want to know more about HIV/AIDS DISEASE...

Can you get HIV from kissing someone?
I hooked up with a very cute girl yesterday who had an old boyfriend that slept with over 15 girls. This got me worried and when I discovered that she was a lip biter, I got even more nervous. Can ...

Am i cured from tetanus after being cut by a semi-rusty metal?
i got cut by a semi rusty nail not too long ago and after 3-4 days i got a tetanus shot because i was due for it. so do i still need to worry about tetanus even thought i still feel the symptoms, ...

I think i caught the flu?
I have the chills, i am nauseous, but am not throwing up, and i get light headed and dizzy really easily. Idk if i have a fever. Does this sound like the flu to you?
Additional Details
i ...

Do I have the flu, or a cold?
Here are my symptoms..

- Headache around my whole head
- Pain in my ears [kind of like an ear ache]
- Aches in my arms, legs, back.. and well alot of places
- Mild sore ...

A 21yr old female college student comes to the er complaining of fever and headache. The doctor finds that the
patient can't move her neck. The student reports that she has been living in a crowded dormitory. What is the correct diagnosis?

A. Encephalitis
B. Meningitis
C. Epilepsy

Reusing Needles for Blood Draws?
Hello

I recently went to a medical lab and they drew some blood from me for some tests. The thing that is worrying me is that I wasnt paying attention to the nurse when she got the needle ...

Fever question?
what is better to do sweat out a fever or take cloths off. this is for a baby that is 18 months old
Additional Details
thank you all for your help i called the doc on friday and they ...

Lexie
Why is 7up good for you when your sick?
Whenever I get sick, I'm given 7up and told it's good for me when I'm sick. What about 7up would help with getting better from bugs like flu?

ioannisrigos
that's a lie!!who is telling you this?7up isn't medicine!the only carbonated drink doctors admit is the coke drink in diarheea...

I have never heard this before.

Sunshine
7up isn't good for you. Especially when you're sick. NO soda is EVER good 4 U. Who told U that?

Larry
Rating
It makes no difference. Sodas like that are easier on a sore throat, so it's a good way to get your fluids.

Vanessa
the only reason u r give stuff like this is coz it has suger n that in it 2 give u a bit more energy, my dad has lemonade when he is sick & u can have lucozade aswell lol

Regina G
Rating
My grandma says when you drink 7up when you are sick, you burp out the acid, when i was little i used to drink 7up all the time when I puke

Colt & Tegan
Rating
Who is telling you this? That's not true at all. There is nothing in 7 Up that would be beneficial for recovering from influenza or any other illness. It's just carbonated sugar water with some artificial flavorings added.

The only thing I could see it helping with is a stomach virus, because sugar combats nausea, and the light flavor would probably be easier on your stomach than some other sugary drinks like cola or Mountain Dew. Even in that case, though, it's just relieving the symptoms, not actually curing the illness.

ready2go67
Rating
It's supposed to be flat 7-up & the reason behind it is to get your sugar & sodium levels back up after vomiting or stomach flu.

It's not for the regular type of flu. Only stomach ailments.

Walking on Sunshine
Really that is a myth - it may make you "feel better" but actually the sugars can be dehydrating at a time when you really need fluids. Some people swear the bubbles will sooth your tummy but in reality a bowl of chicken soup and a glass of water (even mineral if you like the sparkle) will do far more quicker.

scaryfairy18
the sugars should balance your blood sugar levels, and the bubbles help to sort out queezy stomaches. And they are a placebo

So_In_Love.
dark soda isnt good for you when you sick . light soda is good , im not sure why though .

Princess Zelda
Not only does the fizz help in some way, but 7-Up is citrus-flavored, and citrus fruits such as limes, lemons, and oranges all contribute to relieving a sour stomach. Back in the day, when people would come to America from Europe or Asia, citrus fruits were prized because they eased seasickness.

Belle
Rating
actually, i was having a vomit-7-times-in-an-hour type day and my friend thought 7-up was the answer for me.

no.

no it definitely wasn't.

Charlie Glebby
Rating
My parents used to do that too.
To be honest, I think it just takes the mind off the pain.
Hey and some drinking some fluid is never a bad idea.

Duders
Rating
Has no one else ever heard of this?
Its a substiture for drinking sugar mixed in water. It helps calm your stomach down. I always used to have it when i threw up when i was little.

Dont' listen to these fools^ :D

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy