Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Will I get infected by HIV if hang out with my friend?
My friend's dad got infected by HIV a year ago thru exposed cuts. Then the mother got infected a week ago by using her dad's shaving blades. I dunno if she is infected. I love her as my ...

I have had diarrhea 4 one month whats wrong?

I have just been told I have shingles?
I understand it may be due to a low immune system. Is there any way I can improve my immunity to stop catching any other diseases or medical ...

What can i do to prevent pink eye?
im starting to get pink eye i think but ive never gotten it before, should i got to school and should i go see a doctor?...

I have heard that?
listerine Kills germs. about an hour ago i gave my infant son a glass of listerine as antibiotic to treat a throat infection... was a glassful enough for him to drink? he now appears very drunk... is ...

My mom is 65 yrs old....she is suffering frm severe cold and cough...?
so guys tell some remedies.........

Why can't anybody find a cure for AIDS?
And why is it that they most likely never will?...

Has any one had the vomiting illness yet?

Um I don't really know if i should ask but...(adult question)?
I recently found my bf um...."playing" with our dog. Could he have contracted some disease or something? We've been talking about marriage and children, but i'm nervous that he ...

Is Pink eye one of those things you only get once? Like Chicken pox?
because my little sister has this milky substance coming out of her eye,and its a little red, but it doesn't look like normal pink eye. and she's had it before, so she'd know.
I&#...

Is it normal??
what does it mean if you have your tongue pierced and you see puss or some kind of mucus like thing??
Additional Details
how? can that happen?...

What should i do next? please help me im even cryin now !!!?
ok now i have a soar throat the first day i try salt with water sum green stuff came out but my throat was still hurting ok so now the secong i still have it and i try hot tea honey,advil and now its ...

What medecine and food can you take to stop diorreah?

How can i protect mtself from aids?

Is Malaria a serious disease?

Have you had a flu jab?
did you feel rubish the next day? when did you start to feel better?...

Do I have the flu?
I've had diarrhoea for 2 days, a really bad stomach ache, an eye infection, fever, chills and general tiredness. What's wrong with me?
Additional Details
and a runny ...

What is it called when you think you have a disease cause someone near you has it?

What bacterial or viral disease made you feel worst?
For the purposes of this question cancer is excluded. So is HIV (even though it is a virus).

I have been out to the world, but never really in danger....

What childhood diseases did you have/?
Me chicken pox, measles and german measles....

Elizabeth A
Why do you think some people are afraid to be around people who are infected with Hepatitis c?
I have noticed that when some people find out that someone has hepatitis c they pull away or are judgmental and don't really want to be around that person. I wonder why that is? don't these people realize that it is a blood to blood disease. I am curious what others think about this?

new grad
fear. not always understanding how disease are transmitted.

BROOKIE1984OC
Because once you get the symptoms a sometimes undetectable until you go to the doc...and he tells you that you got Hep C. But mostly its fear and ignorance and stupidity. People get crazy when it comes to a disease..

ladyinfamous21
Rating
Because people feel that they do not want to go trough the hassle of trying to find a fix if the get Hepatitis and whats so bad is their are more types than you could ever believe.

starchild
I SPEAK FROM LIFE EXPERIENCE!!! My boyfriend has Hep C and I don't! I have been with him for 2 1/2 years! I live with the man and the only time he tells me I have to be extra careful is if he cuts himself. It is pure ignorance that spurs so much fear and misconception around this disease. Even a few of those that have answered this question have no idea what they are talking about and are responding out of fear and ignorance. It is sad really.

Anton Mathew
Rating
Hepatitis C is EXTREMELY contagious.

aandy
IGNORANCE. There is nothing to worry about Hepatitis C in casual contact, just like it happens with Hepatitis B. Its just that people who doesn't know about it gets freaked out.

A charmed one
Because they are afraid and uninformed about the disease.

leadbelly
Rating
it's fear

Jules
Rating
Because it's contagious.

lpachal
Probably because it's a very contagious disease, much more so than HIV.

PugMarya
Rating
People pull away from people with Hep C the same reason they pull away from people with HIV/AIDS. I think it's a mixture of ignorance, personal protection, and fear. Some people make blanket statements when it comes to dealing/interacting with people with infectious diseases...if I stay I away then I will not contract their disease. Unfortunately, a person is more likely to remain ignorant than embrace education and understanding. Personally, I think is easier to love and support a person than it is to ignore and cut someone out of your life!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy