Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What does it mean if your sclera is quite yellow?
My sclera is quite yellow, is there any chemical that I can use to make it white again, coz it was white in the past, but it's suddenly gone a bit yellow....

What does vomiting, chest pains, and coughing mean?
Is it the flu? Can it be something else?...

I wanted to know the name of an eye infection?
The infection is when they eye has dust-like specs on the front of it. Patients who have it, have problems ...

Could it be scabies and could someone tell me what scabies is....?
i have a rash and will be going to the doctor to investigate but im worried, it started off in a circle shape and has now got much larger! it's itchy and is no longer a round shape and looks ...

I've been having diarrhea for 2 days now. What to do?
For the past two days, I've been experiencing light diarrhea. Usually 3 times a day. I had fever on the first day and my temperature slightly went down on the second. I'm experiencing pain ...

What is the best thing for getting rid of cold sores?

How can i get rid of my sore throat?
every time i swallow my throat hurts so bad; any home remedies? or ideas?...

Will my son get chicken pox?
on tuesday my son was at childminders as usual, the next day i was informed that her daughter had started to get chicken spots.
my son goes to childminders 2 days a week, and has also been round ...

Sore throat help!?
I have a sore throat, no fever, small blisters and bumps on the back of my throat and fatigue. I know that I need to have a doctor check me out but does anyone have any ideas of what it could be?...

Would you be more worried about going to hospital for an operation or about catching MRSA?
To be honest the risks of my op didn't concern me at all. I was more worried about getting a deadly ...

Answer needed on medical infection on an open wound. Staph? Strep?
this open, smelly, dripping wound on my lower shin bone hasn't cleared up in 3 weeks. Obviously infected , but what kind of germs ?? regular cleansing c H2O2 not effective. HELP???
A...

Is Hepatitis C contagious?!?

Additional Details
my boyfriend thinks he might have hepatitis, he said it was food bourne, so im worried that i might catch it!...

Can someone please tell me ANYTHING you know about shingles?
My husbands Grandfather just found out today that he has shingles,my husband has been going to his house & taking care of him & his aunt(which lives with his g/father, she has down syndorme ...

Do we need to give infuenza vaccine to 8yr old girl with asthma?what r the vaccines does she need at this time

Has anybody heard anything about Alka Seltzer 's harmful ingredient?
Alka Seltzer cold tablets that you dissolve in a glass of water has been helping me for years when I had cold. But someone some time ago (may be 6 months ago) sent e-mail about one of the harmful ...

OMGosh! I can't take these yeast infections anymore!?
What can I do to get rid of the infections, besides the prescriptions, and the over the counter medications that DON'T work anymore? I get them in the usual places, and also get thrush (in the ...

Flu shot survey!!!! Those who have had the shot (this season or in the past) only please!?
Hi. I only have a week to complete a science fair project and am pretty sure I want to do it on the effectivness of [common] flu shots. I need at least 100 people to complete this short survey so PL...

Yellow eyes?
some people say that when they fast there eyes are very white but my doc said if i have gilbert syndrome then when i fast my eyes will appear very yellow.
why is ...

Diseases = funny names?
what is the funnyest sounding name of disease you have heard of and what is its conditions ?????????...

I'm a medical doctor i work in an hospital where majorly we treat tuberculosis patients. Recently, we started
taking care of HIV/AIDS patients. One of our patients who initially was on AZT+3TC+EFZ developed (R) hemiparesis. We removed AZT and put TFD, he responded but after 2 weeks he relapsed. We decided to ...

Gabbygirl
When is a child's fever high enough to go the emergency room?

ElEgAnTFiShIe
it depends on there age.if there in months the highest would be 197 or 105 or higher.if there 1, 2, 3 or older the highest woul be 109,110,or 107.but remember only take them if they don't get better my medication or care.

Antrozous
Rating
Stop using the Internet pick up the phone and call the ER, an urgent care unit, your Doctors office, etc. and ask.

David B's answer is pretty common based on personal experience.

Michael
39 degree Celcius

politicaltnt
Rating
I WOULDN'T TAKE ANY CHANCES, I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON THE CHILD. YOU CAN NEVER BE TO CAREFUL, MY COUSIN HAD TO BE PUT IN A COMA AND WENT BRAINDEAD DUE TO A BAD FEVER AS A RESULT OF SOMETHING ELSE. THEY HAD TO UNPLUG LIFE SUPPORT, FEVERS COULD BE A BAD SIGN SO ANYTHING OVER 101 TAKE THEM IN.

Thunder Storm

jacqueline j
if your child has a high fever 102 or above, you need to see a doctor.make an appointment. your child is sick. could be getting teeth too. a high fever of 104 and above can cause brain damage in babies. the brain is literally cooking. he or she will need to be cooled off. if your child is lethargic with a high temp you should get to an emergency room fast.

faithhopeclan2
If you don't know call your local ER they will know.

greydoc6
Rating
There's no hard and fast rule. Children under 3 months of age should be seen promptly.

For older children, judge activity level, appetite, and color. If in doubt, contact a doctor or go to the ER.

Any child with a stiff neck or poor arousability should be seen immediately.

twistedscorpio87
"it depends on there age.if there in months the highest would be 197 or 105 or higher.if there 1, 2, 3 or older the highest woul be 109,110,or 107.but remember only take them if they don't get better my medication or care."

right concept, wrong numbers. it really does depend on the age though...
you should call your doctor if your child's temperature reaches -
under one year - over 100.4 (or below 97.3)
1 to 2 - over 102
3 + up - over 103

it's important to tell the doctor how a temperature was taken (armpit, oral or rectal) as well as whether you've tried fever reducers like tylenol prior to taking this temperature. remember that the fever is not the problem, it is simply a symptom of a bigger problem, so you should pay attention to how your child is acting/feeling overall.

if possible call your doctor before running straight to the ER, you may save yourself more than a little trouble.

David B
over 103f that you cant control with rotating tylenol and motrin in recommended doses.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy