Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Help Chicken pox any advice?
My 3 year old mephew is covered and his appetite very poor....

What's better for a sore throat, hot or cold?
I have a sore throat at the moment, which hurts everytime I swallow. My mom checked if my tonsils had any signs of tonsilitous but there was none. It's excruciatingly painful, so I was wondering ...

Whats the best way 2 get rid of a cold?

How can I get rid of cooties?

Sore throat help needed urgent?
is there anything i can do for a sore throat such as remeidies i can make at home or anything you can think of please ...

My tonsils are swollen and have white on them - they hurt very bad.. What can I do for the pain?
It hurts very bad when I try to swallow water or soup or anything.. It feels as if there is mucus stuck on them or something.. There are white spots on them and they're inflamed.

I ...

Do you kill more germs washing your hands with warm water or cold water? does it matter?

Can a doctor cure your cold?

What are some cool infectious diseases?
I have to do kind of an informal research paper on an infectious disease of my choice, what are some cool infectious diseases I could do that would be relatively easy?...

I have a urinry tract infection, it is so painfull to pee, if i drink water will it help?

If you had HIV and couldn't handle it?
If you wound up with HIV and couldn't deal with it, what would you do?...

Name the first sign that you're getting a cold.?

Best way to stop the flu virus?
My fiance didn't have the flu shot, and now he's gotten sick with the flu. What can I do to help him?...

Does bird flu scares you?

What's the difference between a midget and a dwarf?
apologies in advance, guys, no offence intended - I really don't know and I'd like to find out. Thanks!...

Can I die from strep throat?
I am a carrier, so...I don't know what I should do......

I know its an old to some,but why do they use a sterile needle on a lethal injection?

How badly do tetnus shots hurt?
I recently steped on a nail and i have to get a tetnus shot. I'm terrably afraid of shots and i was wondering on a scale from 1 to 10, ten being hurt the most , how bad does it hurt....

Everyone in my family has had the flu except me! How can I avoid getting sick?

Additional Details
My parents both got the vaccine, and they still got sick....

Why is there no cure for the common cold?

alm0stfam0s
What to eat when getting over the "stomach flu"?
I last threw up about 24 hours ago. I have been eating miniscual bites of crackers and veryvery small drinks of water (about 2) and now I am slowly eating an otter pop.. Is this okay to eat? Will it make me sick again? What else should I eat? Thank you so muchh
Additional Details
an otter pop is like a popsicle. It is frozen water with flavor in a tube.... Is it okay?

Chelsea Meow
Orange juice, the liquid of the soup, only. water, and ginger ale, however you spell it. o.o

bornfree
Rating
Toast and honey ,ginger ale, anything else the stomach wont take it!

~!*Princess*!~
im not sure what an otter pop is... but chicken noodle soup is usually a good thing to eat.. dont drink water yet.. its hard on ur stomach.. coco cola is a good thing to drink.. and crackers are a good thing too

WHITE LOTOUS
Rating
Take ENO fruit salt with Luke warm water

Carmencita
Rating
For me is chicken soup and 7up. In very small quantities it just goes straight to warming me inside and it all gets better soon.

big boy
Rating
the best thing to eat when throwing up is clear liquids. lots of clear liquids, water, chicken broth, otter pop is ok. i have been in and out of hospitals and that's what they always feed you when your sick. remember lots of liquids. o yea Gatorade.

lindsey s
OK i was always tols the B.R.A.T> diet ! it is banannsa rice applesauce and toast (plain) that is food that is easy on your tummy and will help settle it. Also i was told to SIP not gulp as much as you want to it will only make you feel worse!!! I hope you get to feeling better

Darling Anna Addiction
Rating
drink lot of liquids, make sure it's flushed out of ur system well...
and stick with the crackers and very light things, no dairy or heavy stuff.
Pop is not bad it's helps give u bubbles in ur tummy, which is good.

lauracny
Rating
Light foods..crackers, fruits, soups, etc.

gleelogan
Do you have chicken noodle soup, great for your relief, also prezzels with the soup...You need to soak-up and destroy the acid in your stomach....for more answers go to Web MD

shaneka p
Rating
chicken noodle soups or also broths will do and ginger ale should do the trick i always do this and it helps

carmel
Rating
Sorry to hear you are sick, chicken noodle soup or tomato soup, clear liquids are good jello, and ginger ale nothing greasy or highly season. Keep up with the crackers also, feel better soon.

bobett001
Rating
yes you should try to eat, start with the crackers and chicken noodle soup, 7-up or sprite.Getting something in your Belle is what counts so if all else fails try the crackers and sprite.

van kedileri
Rating
really cold stuff is shocking to the beleagured belly, howz about some warm mild broth

smpurves
Rating
Keep it very bland...no fats, nothing spicy or too sweet. Broth with some noodles if you can tolerate it. Graduate to toast with a little butter, so it's not too dry. Jello, crackers, baked potato or unseasoned fries; Biscuits or breads, dry cereal. Clear juices or sodas.

I swear by the healing properties of wonton or potato soup.

2boys2dogs2birds
Rating
Popsicles are fine

crackers

I love mashed potatoes or mac n cheese when I'm feeling better

plain pasta with butter and salt

tea and toast

KITKAT
Rating
Your basically on the right track.Plenty fluids are the key.Stay away from milk products till your stomach is back in order.Maybe try some sprite.Soups are good too so you can keep your strength up after throwing up.

mel_yodcha
Try yogurt-it has live cultures that will populate your disestive system with healthy bacteria-Dannon has a form of yogurt just for this purpose-Activa-if you check in the Lonely Planet travel books they often advise Yogurt for stomach issues-any good brand with live cultures should work and in any case it cannot hurt you and is on all lists of world's healthiest foods

Jennifer l
Sips of water and crackers. Toast that is plain. If you keep that don bananas are easy on the tummy as well. Good luck.

Mary E D
Rating
chicken soup and saltines and 7-up

Joe C
Toast!

James H
Rating
soup

mylo101
Rating
just eat clear liquids for the next eight hours, like chicken broth..keep up with your water intake to stop dehydration.

harmonieclark
Rating
mashed potatoes, soup...half a sandwich toast....

lilred_4x4
soups and other kinds of saltish food wood help you get some electrolytes back after vomitting. The otter pop is probably okay to eat but don't let the sugar give you a false sense of confidence in feeling better—the most common reason people feel sick again after returning to eat is that they feel better and start getting up and doing stuff... JUST REST!

Hope you feel better!

Matt C
chicken and noodles

Chas A
Rating
the otter pop should be good, and good for re hydrating you too.

You could also eat chicken noodle soup with saltine crackers, any other kind of Popsicle, and some mashed potato's (I use instant kind, quick and easy...)

I hope you get well soon!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy