Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Did you get the flu shot this year??? If not have you gotten the flu?
I was just curious... we didn't get our flu shots b/c lots of people that I talked to said it wasn't really worth it plus they got sick anyway. So no one in our family got it, now 2 of my ...

How could diseases get into milk in the times when they didn't pasteurise it?
Before Louis Pasteur discovered pasteurising, how did diseases get into the milk?...

A child who has not been given the mumps vaccine catches mumps...?
...why would a doctor not give antibiotics to cure the child?...

Is it possible to get mononucleosis from person who had it five monts ago,if you sit very close to person.?
One and a half weeks ago i was sitting beside a girl who had a mononucleosis five monts ago. Is it possible that I cought a virus, we were just talking, but were sitting wery close ichother....

What is wrong with me? I have sore throat, fever, aches, and blisters covering my mouth and tounge?
I am a 19-year old female, about to start my summer job after Memorial Day, but I got sick last Tuesday. The doctors said it was NOT strep throat or Mono, and they put me on a 5 day antibiotic and V...

What is white cells found in urine?

Argh i hate a cold sore!?
I have a cold sore on my bottom lip..its driving me crazy!! any home remedies that would help it heal faster?

also, are they related to canker sores? i just got over two canker ...

Hiv patient with non healing lesions on leg. WHich organisms is most likely the cause?

Additional Details
Would it be A. Fonsecaea pedrosoi
B. Cryptococcuc neoformans
C. sporothrix schenckii
D. penicillium marneffei
e. Fusarium spp....

What organism when placed in an open wound prevents infection and gangrene?

Quick relief from cold ...?
I've just got a cold now, how to overcome ...

How much does a spleen transplant cost?

How can I protect my (new) hens from bird flu?
The hens are in a 5' by 4' by 4' henhouse and have a 4' high 6'long run enclosed with chicken wire. Should I build a frame and put netting over it to prevent wild birds ...

Please help me plz..........?
while watching tv a few minutes ago,something came up about the symptoms of meningtis and after looking at them i noticed that i have had some just recently...

it said that after geting a ...

I am very sick and dont want to spread it to my family?
i am very sick with a burning throat, im coughing up brown stuff and my head hurts. I want to get better before christmas, and i don't want to get my family sick. Can anybody help me with either?...

If you take your tonsils out, will you get less strep throat infections?

My daughter is three and has puss coming out of her eye?
she has been sick coughing and stuff
Additional Details
her eye is not red at ...

Can Women catch that man flu they go on about?

Do urinary tract infections go away on their own?
I heard drinking a lot of water can help UTI's.. can it make them go away? Or should I go to a doctor?...

My 4 year old son suffers from very bad thoat infections, and now his skin has begun to peel from his fingers,

Bladder Infection...!!?
I know i have a bladder infection and that i should drink as much fluids as i possible can in order to flush the infection out. but i did have a few blood drops come out but only once. she i continue ...

Cool Chick
What is the difference between bed bug bites and the chicken pox?
My neice seem to have gotten a weird rash with bumps all over her arms, and it slowly spread to some other parts of her body. Well about a day later my son got bumps all over his arms and it slowly spread to some other body parts. About two days after that, my husband got bumps all over his body but they vary how they look, they look like mosquito bites but all over his arms, and some look kinda like small pimples, and my sons look that way too. I took them both to the hospital and they said they all got chicken pox. Well then a day after my husband got it, I got it, I have bumps all over my arms and it's slowly spreading to other parts of my body. Now I believe they are bed bugs bites because we recently moved into a new home and about a week ago when we woke up in our room we saw some bed bugs crawling on the walls and when we killed them they were full of blood. Now it does look like chicken pox but it also looks like bed bugs and it's kinda a coincidence that we all got it this way (oh and the neice lives with us with her mom, and her mom doesn't have it), I know the pox travel by air but still if anyone could tell me a difference then I might be able to figure out what is going on.

Sequoia B
Bed bud bites are generally smaller than chicken pox marks, they don't itch quite as much, and getting rid of the bed bugs will result in the red marks fading after a few days to a week and not re-appearing. The most itchiness will come from laying in bed, generally you can feel the bed bugs crawling on you and biting you. Highly unpleasant!

Chicken pox is *very* contagious, and anyone in the household who has not already gotten it will get it, very quick, if the infected persons aren't "quarantined."

That said, if you are seeing tiny, shiny black bugs around your linens, it's time to wash everything in hot water, or however your preffered method is of treating for bed bugs. Remember to treat all the mattresses and pillows too, and spray some kind of "safe" bug spray around the house, inside and out.

-John-
Rating
chiken pox - contagious, got it from a friend who has chicken pox, has like a boil on skin, itchy...

bed bug - you get from your bed while sleeping, itchy

Packrat 666
bed bugs are bugs chicken pox is a virus.

Will M
It sounds like you might have a case of the Pox but you might have used a bit too much laundry softener and this happened to me and my daughters once. It cleared back up after we had washed all of the clothing in about two to three days.

katya
Rating
Um, chicken pox looks like red fluid filled blisters and are itchy. I don't think bedbugs itch/are fluid filled. You and your family may never have had chicken pox but your neice's mom may be imune to it.

kateissaucyy
Rating
Chicken pox is contagious. So you obviously have it. Just because your house is bug infested doesn't necessarily mean that those bugs are harmful. In fact I'm fairly positive that "bed bugs" are not visible to the human eye...

hannah
Rating
bed bugs are fake but if they were real the difference would be chicken pox make you inch and bed bugs have poison and will kill you!

a s h b e e
chicken pox is an airborn virus that cause itchy spots.
bed bug bites are like any bug bite.
it is a bite from a bug.

whiteangel
Rating
chicken pox doesn't look like mosquito bites. It looks like it has liquid inside/ on top of the red spot. It quickly spread in all parts of your body including the face. Well, in some cases, only in some areas.
An ordinary doctor or a physician should be able to distinguish that. Or better to see an older doctor for they are more experienced.
Chicken pox is contagious. Bug bites is not but if you are exposed in the same environment, there is a chance to have it. here are the same photos of bug bites.
hope it will help. http://bedbugger.com/bed-bug-bites-photos/

Neuron
Usually with Chicken Pox there is swelling in the lymph glands ie. of the neck and maybe armpit. Like with other viruses, there is lethargy (tiredness).

I don't think this happens with flea bites.

Also, Chicken Pox lesions get kinda crusty on the edges as they heal (I know, gross) and I don't think this happens with flea bites either.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, July 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy