Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can i test positive for cocaine when i dont do cocaine?

Which is the most important mosquito-borne disease on the planet in terms of mordibity and mortality?
any detailed study on this is welcom:...

Do I have to stay home if I have Mono? How contagious am I?
The doctor wrote me a note to stay home for the next couple days until blood test comes back (not even sure yet). I had made plans for after work stuff - nothing high activity. Meet friends. Nails, ...

I kissed someone with cold sore. Am I going to get it for sure or is it possible that I might be okay?
I recently started dating someone. A week ago, he told me that he was getting a cold sore. I met him again yesterday, and he had two big cold sores around his mouth. I didn't know about cold ...

Does Chicken Pox require a trip to the Doctor?

What are the systems of Alzheimer`s?

Does the MMR vaccine cause autism?
jenny mcarthy's son evan got autism right after the mmr shot. (she said she noticed a change in him 2 days after the mmr shot).

i read another story about that on the internet.

F you and your friend both have mono can see each other?

Hello need to find out why i have bugs in my feces could it be crones ?

Is there vaccine or cure for hepatitis C?

Any great home remedies for a 5 yr old's Urinary Tract Infection?
My 5 year old daughter was just diagnosed with a UTI. It was so bad, she was crying when peeing, and there was blood in it. I just wanted to see if there was anything else I could do to speed up the ...

Does mosquito transmit aids?

What kind of microbe is polio?
What kind of microbe is polio? (Bacteria, virus, fungus etc)
Additional Details
How is it spread?...

Can my 12 year old son get the tb jab? i have been told he cant as our fine country has stopped it. But ...?
i have been told if he was Asian he would be able to get it free????
Additional Details
no racism on my part , but in my opinion the Asians that live 3 doors away stand no more of a ...

I have a sore an swollen throat any suggestions?
I have a really bad cold. I damn there wanna say its the flu if I never got the flu shot about week and a half ago. Now my throat is very very sore from coughing a lot and it also feel like its ...

Are these symptoms of hiv?
me & my girlfriend where diagnosed with chlamydia 2 week ago 4 week after i contracted it. we both recieved treatment via antibiotics & have now finished the course. but recently I have been ...

I've heard that somebody said everybody must have got Chicken Pox once in a life time. Is that true?
Pls answer this question coz I'm really curious. I'm not sue if I ever got chicken pox before when I was so young. so I'm worryin about this. Maybe Should i get a vaccine?...

How can one get HIV?

Important!! Lyme disease! please help.?
What are the symptoms of lyme disease? How serious is the damage it can cause to a person's body? Is everyone at equal risk? And my last question is what are some ways you can prevent its ...

I had a tb test done yesterday and today i have a big red circle.?
the red circle is NOT raised or blistered though. does this mean the test is positive??...

♥ B1tchHere ♥
What happens if you take antibiotics but you don't have any infection?
So, if you think you have an infection, and take antibiotics.. but in truth.. you "don't" have an infection, what can happen to you?

greenmay
that depends on the antibiotics you take but generally antibiotics are not good for our liver or our kidneys so you may make them work more but if you're generally healthy it shouldn't affect you that much.

AMAZON
Antibiotics will destroy the normal flora of the stomach and mucous membrane. these normal flora are needed for the defence against pathogens. Moreover you will have have decreased immunity, due to resistance

Megan Michelle
Rating
If you take antibiotics when you are not ill you will become immune to the meds. You dont need to take the meds unless actually needed... As far as physical harm you should be ok there.

fionabtoo
You will build up an immunity, and when you need them they won't work. Then your in trouble.

norm m
NOTHING BUT WHEN YOU NEED TO USE THEM THEY MAYNOT WORK AS YOUR BODY HAS GOT USED TO THEM SO DO USE UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED THEM

s a v v y__44
You can set yourself up to be resistant to that antibiotic later on when you really need it.

It also can alter your intestinal population of healthy bacteria.

And you might even have an allegic reaction tyo the drug.

Jim R
There's no need to take antibiotics if you don't have a bacterial infection. If you're sensitive to foreign protiens, you could just stress your body. Also, a small amount of antibiotic remaining after you stop could promote antibiotic-resistant bacteria if you get an infection *then*. Also, antibiotics don't do any good if you have a viral infection. They only work on bacteria. They can sometimes decimate the good bacteria in your stomach, giving you indigestion or diarreah.

ihatepenndot
Rating
Overuse of antibiotics and antivirals is decreasing our immune response as a species, but individually, one such wrongly assumed infection and the use of some penicillin or the like ought not harm you at all.

moose20070028
Rating
first, you might develop some of the side- effects of the antibiotics (e.g. diarrhea, upset stomach...) second, your body most prolly will develop tolerance to the drug, which means, the regular dose wont be enough to go against the bacterial infection, thus leading us to the third possibility, the minute the bacteris will attack/ invade your body, they might be very strong (superinfection) that a little cough could lead to something very serious... have a nice day. :-)

Sherry
Nothing really. But, if you take them too often, you will become immune to them and they won't help you when you really do have an infection.

thezaylady
Antibiotics will lose their effectiveness so that when you DO get an infection, antibiotics are less likely to help.
Also, your body's natural bacteria and fungi are in a delicate balance while fighting each other and keeping the other from taking over the body. Taking unnecessary antibiotics can kill off too much of the body's natural bacteria and cause the natural fungi to accumulate, causing a yeast infection.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy