Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What could happen if a person with dirty hands puts their hands over your mouth?
could you get any sickness or disease?...

My brother has a temperature of 104 degrees?
my brother says he feels cold, coughs alot, and says his legs and back hurts. Could this be symptoms of something dangerous? My mom and been putting a wet towel to his head to help out with the ...

I have strep throat and i'm getting fevers, i get too hot. do i need to cover up still?
I got very hot so i took almost all of my clothes off. i don't know if this isn't good or not? because you know how people say to bundle up when you're sick....

I'm sick of being sick...HELP?
I am living in Taiwan teaching English, missing the UK family and friends. Since I've been here i have been ill 3 times (in three months) these aren't ur average bugs...vomiting, diarrhea, ...

If you are taking antibotics, will drinking alcohol make the antibotics not work?

Do you think that we can overcome the spread of AIDS one day and if so how?
I mean there are so many people dying of this diease and you would think that with all of the technology that we have today, someone would have invented a total cure for this diease by now.... So ...

White sore on my tongue? Looks like a zit.?
I have 2 white sores on my tongue, look like a zits. One got better and is fading away, one got more painful. I recently may have had mono and i was on antibotics...could this be a side effect of ...

Does a AIDS patient capable of donating eyes..?

Are piercing guns safe? Serious answers please*?
I recentley had my ears done with a piercing gun at claires and I have since then heard terrible things about doing this....Because they cant be properly cleaned...I am wondering if the risk is high ...

I need seriously help please?
alright yesterday i washed the dishes someone have hiv sida without know that! then i go to eat something ! im pretty sure after eat that i washe my hand ! and not i dont any cut on my fnger! im ...

Do you think there should be masks issued in the doctors surgeries and hospitals for people with colds?
I know most hospitals have them. All of them do no bring them out for visitors.

What is worse, than going to the doctors; ill from something that is not a cold; your resistance at it'...

Answer as quick as possible!!!!?
hey everyone!!! does chicken noodle soup really work to make a sore throat feel better???? thanks!!!<3...

How can I get rid of my sore throat?
I have a sore throat and bad cold. 30 days so far and I have tried everything....

Should i see doctor or go to emergency room?
peeing alot and having the runs and been on antibiotics for sinus infection not clearing up and think i got other infections cause of antibiotic Im taken doxycycline hyclate and dont know all side ...

Why do we call venerial disease a dose?

Can hiv be obtained from this?
If you were in a city centre after vigorous raining (wet floor) and you had holes in your shoes and then rain water goes into your shoes, from the pavement, onto a cut in your foot, can you get hiv? N...

Stomache flu =( PLease help?
Okay. this may seem like a stupid question but how many times do you vomit when you hvae the stomache flu. And when can i start to eat the regualr food i usually eat?!?!? PLease answer these ...

What is the differenence between pandemic and epidemic?

I have mono, how do I get rid of this sore throat?
I have mono and it is horrible. Any help please?!?!!!
my tonsils are so swollen I can't eat :(
it hurts so bad to just swallow my spit.
Additional Details
i've seen ...

Anyone have any info on Staph infection.?
its goin' around at my school....

suchayarn
What does it mean when you have too many white blood cells?
my bloods were tested and i have been asked too return in two weeks to have a retest according to the receptionist i have too many white blood cells, in the dark and worried !

D
Rating
It just means your body is fighting some sort of infection. It might take a while for your count to come down but if your worried ring and talk to the doctor.

John G
Rating
I am no doctor but i think that a great number of white blood cells indicates a highly active immune system due to:

a. an inflammation
b. a recent cold
c. an infection

Sometimes anxiety or not sleeping well and at the proper time, are factors that may influence your immune system and result to a high number of white blood cells.

The best advice can be given by a doctor. He will probably ask you to do a more thorough blood test checkup.

All my best wishes and prays with you.
Hopefully you are as healthy as a bull ;-)

Richard D
Rating
I believe it means that your spleen is pumping out blood to fight an infection of some kind . . . at the least something that has invaded the body. If you think the worst you will make yourself vulnerable to the medical people that will be dealing with you. Think positive, you have a minor infection of some kind.

jca80
an increased white blood cell count represents an infection or post infection. If your doctors are happy to follow you up in 2 weeks and you have not been prescribed any anti biotics or other treatments then don't worry, the count was most likely slightly raised and not of major concern.

jill48
Rating
An increased wbc count indicates infection of some kind.

Tara662
When that happened to me in 1999 I was told by my doctor that I was on the verge of getting leukemia.
Fortunately, my cells returned to normal within six months, but it was a scary thing.
My high count was due to a reaction from taking steroid pills to stop an allergic reaction to medication.

The high count can also be due to an infection somewhere in you body.

They generally keep an eye on your blood about every six months to be sure of the count. Chances are your count will return to normal (especially if you get that infection treated). Leukemia is rare.

NY GIANTS Girlie
It means you could ahve an infection. White blood cells build up when there is something foreign in the body they need to fight against. When there's nothing the white blood cells are usually relatively low.

moose20070028
increase WBC usually means that there is an ongoing infection, your body is trying to ward off infection.

alynnemgb
Usually an increased WBC count means you have or are just getting over an infection of some kind. Since your doctor want to follow up with you in 2 weeks and hasn't prescribed anything else, it leads me to believe that you do not have any visable signs of infection. Usually, your immune system will fight off most infections. You doctor will want to see if your WBC is back to normal indicating that you are over the infection. If not, they there could be a host of things that he will look into. For now, I would not be too worried.

half-pint79
Rating
White blood cells (leukocytes) are an important part of the body's defense against infective organisms and foreign substances. To defend the body adequately, a sufficient number of white blood cells must receive a message that an infective organism or foreign substance has invaded the body, get to where they are needed, and then kill and digest the harmful organism or substance
Normally, a person produces about 100 billion white blood cells a day. The number of white blood cells in a given volume of blood is expressed as cells per microliter of blood. The total white blood cell count normally ranges between 4,000 and 11,000 cells per microliter. The proportion of each of the five major types of white blood cells and the total number of cells of each type can also be determined in a given volume of blood.

Too few or too many white blood cells indicates a disorder. Leukopenia, a decrease in the number of white blood cells to fewer than 4,000 cells per microliter of blood, makes a person more susceptible to infections. Leukocytosis, an increase in the number of white blood cells to more than 11,000 cells per microliter of blood, may result from the normal response of the body to help fight an infection. However, an increase in the number of white blood cells can also result when the regulation of white blood cell development is disrupted and immature or abnormal cells are released into the blood.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 1.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy