Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why dont they give birds with bird flu lemsip and plenty of rest?

Have anyone heard of the disease Morgellans?
This disease is weeping the country and there's only one person who has a proven cure. Learn about it and protect yourself before it's too late....

If AIDS originated from African monkeys why was an African not the first to die of the disease?

My eye keeps on flinching. what do you think is wrong?
my eye started to flinch starting from three days ago.
it's not 'tic' or whatever you call it. (i think)
my eye doesn't blink rapidly it just suddenly ...flinches.

How do I make my parents think I have a fever?
So I sont have to go to school. I dont to fake puke, I just want them to think i have a fever. P...

What a meningitis shot feels like?

What is the worst way to die?
I mean including any violence. I say getting whipped in the face untill youre almost dead then being cooked, boiling in your own blood, feeling the pain....

What food cause Food Poisoning?

Chicken Pox just happens to white people? I never heard of Chinese person having it, are they more immune?

Additional Details
not being racist. It just happens to be fact each is more prone to some diseases than others. example anemia in orientals, cycle-cell anemia in black people, breast ...

Do you have ulcers???
I need to interview someone with ulcers for my project
Questions like how does it affect you, what treatment you are using ETC...

I think I have mono?
I hooked up with this girl about a mounth ago who claimed she was over her mono for mounths but just this week I have started expierincing all the symptons. Iv'e been very tired achy throats ...

I had a sandwich & when I was about to finish eating,I found a small hair in it..could cause any prob or AIDS?

My brother eats snow. Whill he get a disease?
My little is 13 and about 4 times a day after it snows he comes in with big salad bowls filled with snow that may or may be hours or days old. Can he infectious disease from this, even if a dog hasn&#...

How bizzar?

Can you die from this??
Ok..my best friend has a stomach ulcer...and I was just wanting to know if she could die from it? Cuz Im scared to death for her..and is there any thing she can do to help it.....

Is it possible to get another common cold after ive jus finished with one?
my sniffles have not gone yet and i started with cold last week wednesday however ive started with a sore throat again, has anyone else had this?...

How much does hand sanitizer cost?
How much does hand sanitizer cost? the biggest 1...

Could such a thing as zombies ever exist?
In zombie movies they never give much of an explaination of how it happened.

Actually in the game Resident Evil, unlike the movie, it's more indepth, and it says that the T-virus ...

Can the cold & flu virus be transmitted by going on line & via e-mail?
We can transmit just about everything over the internet to the point where we expect a live response. So, why not a cold or flu virus. The virus would go to your finger tips onto the keys of the ...

Why do you think that there have been so many ecoli outbreaks in produce lately?
The tainted spinach, the tomatoes, and now green onions at Taco Bell. What is going on? Curious what you think!...

lynnlovesjon
What are the symptoms of the Flu? ,and are aches and pains all over one of them?
I am having aches and pains all over i'm stuffed up something awful and i have a headache right above my eyebrows. Do these sound like symptoms of the Flu?

grouchy
yes it does sound like the flu.it also sounds like another disease i have heard of were you hurt all over.if this happens contact your doctor.

Andei
Rating
The symptoms of the flu appear suddenly and are as listed below:

-Fever of 100° (37.8°) to 104° (40°), which can reach 106° (41°) when symptoms first develop. The fever is usually continuous, but it may come and go. The fever may be lower in older adults than in children and younger adults.

-Shaking chills.

-Body aches and muscle pain (often severe), commonly in the back, arms, or legs.

-Headache.

-Pain when you move your eyes.

-Fatigue, a general feeling of sickness (malaise).

-And loss of appetite.

-A dry cough, runny nose, and a dry or sore throat. You may not notice these during the first few days of the illness when other symptoms are more severe. As your fever goes away, these symptoms may become more evident.

When fever is high, other symptoms usually are more severe.

Other conditions have symptoms similar to the flu, such as the common cold, bacterial infections, and infectious mononucleosis

My answer: Go See The Doctor. It could be something serious. A synus infection can be dangerous incase it's not treated; and the flu just makes you feel crummy if you don't get medications.
I hope I answered your question.

XOXO

lydia.1_4_1994
Rating
Fever of 100° (37.8°) to 104° (40°), which can reach 106° (41°) when symptoms first develop. Fever is usually continuous, but it may come and go. Fever may be lower in older adults than in children and younger adults.
Shaking chills.
Body aches and muscle pain (often severe), commonly in the back, arms, or legs.
Headache.
Pain when you move your eyes.
Fatigue, a general feeling of sickness (malaise), and loss of appetite.
A dry cough, runny nose, and a dry or sore throat. You may not notice these during the first few days of the illness when other symptoms are more severe. As your fever goes away, these symptoms may become more evident.

need2know
sounds like flu, take a couple of painkillers and see how you feel tomorrow.

gangadharan_nair
Rating
Please see the webpage for more details on Flu.

Sincerely.....Me♥♥
Rating
Yes you have the flu drink lots of fluids and get a lot of rest.

purrpletoad
Sure do. Just because you aren't nauseated, doen't mean you don't have the flu. There are several strains with different symptoms.

brittneekaye
Aches and Pains all over are the top symptoms of the flu, along with stuffy nose, possible throat ache, etc. As far as your headache above your eyebrows, this is your frontal sinuses giving you this headache...which can contribute to the flu. I would see a doctor if I were you, just so the flu doesn't develop into pneumonia.

BeautifulFairy
Rating
FLU Symptoms

The term bird flu or avian flu is used to describe the influenza viruses that infect primarily the birds' population. In fact, birds appear to be a natural reservoir of flu viruses - 15 subtypes influenza A virus are known to be circulating in bird populations. Humans have caught the disease but only in small numbers as a few very rare cases have been noticed in the Far East.

Many forms of bird flu virus cause only mild symptoms in the birds or no symptoms at all. However, some of the viruses produce a highly contagious and rapidly fatal disease, leading to severe epidemics.

These virulent viruses are known as "highly pathogenic avian influenza" and it is these viruses that cause particular concern. One such avian flu virus is currently infecting chickens in Asian countries.

Flu is a contagious disease that is caused by the influenza virus. It attacks the respiratory tract in humans (nose, throat, and lungs). Influenza is an ailment which is different from, and usually much more severe than, the "common cold". It takes about 1-2 days from the time of exposure to the virus (i.e., infection) to the development of symptoms. This period is called the "incubation period."

The main symptoms of bird flu in birds or poultry are depression, loss of appetite, cessation of egg laying, nervous signs, swelling and blue discoloration of combs and wattles due to disturbance of blood circulation, coughing, sneezing and diarrhea. Sudden death can also occur without any previous signs.

The mortality rate may reach up to 100% depending on the species, their age, the virus type involved and environmental factors like concurrent bacterial infections. Clinical signs of bird flu consist primarily of mild respiratory disease, depression and drop in egg production in laying birds.

Symptoms of bird flu in humans range from typical flu-like symptoms such as:

Sore throat
Cough
Fever
Pneumonia
Respiratory distress
Respiratory failure
Life threatening complications
The symptoms of bird flu normally depend on the virus which has caused the infection.
These symptoms are usually referred to as "flu-like symptoms." In addition, people infected with influenza complain of moderate or severe malaise and fatigue. Illness can last for up to 1-2 weeks, although fever generally lasts only 3-8 days.

Anti-viral drugs like Amantadine, Rimantadine, have been found to be effective in treating influenza A Relenza and Tamiflu can treat Influenza A and B both as well as bird flu.

The flu virus can start spreading one day before the infected person falls sick. Hence you must rest if you feel the symptoms of Flu. It will help you get better and keep you away from spreading the flu virus. Flu is contagious even for 3 or 4 days after symptoms appear. You should drink plenty of fluids in order to avoid dehydration during this period.

aurobindoghosh2001
Rating
Flu patients have the following symptoms: -

1. They will feel as if their whole energy has been drained out of the body.

2. They will sometimes get the feeling of vomiting, (but they won't)

3. While going to the bathroom, they might face difficulty in urine and stool.

4. The head will feel very very heavy.

?
Sounds like it you probably do have the flu.

nrsebone
high fever
muscle aches and pains
weakness and tiredness
headache
dry cough
sore throat
stuffy or runny nose
nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea (least common flu symptoms)

yakkydoc
Yes, they do. You may also be having loss of appetite, bitter taste in the mouth, runny nose, watering eyes, sore throat, cough.

Nurse Annie
Rating
Body aches and pains are a symptom of the flu. Other symptoms include:
temperature of 101°F or above
cough
muscle ache
headache
sore throat
chills
tiredness
feeling lousy all over

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 15, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy