Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I have really bad hay fever what good i try everything please help?

Is this a cold or the flu?
I woke up yesterday morning feeling awful. I had a blocked nose, headache and a mild cough. I was fine the day before.

I slept last night from 11 - 3, then around 3 i kept sleeping for ...

How do I get checked for HIV and how much does it cost?

Can adults get lice?

The most effective way to prevent the spread of disease is?
A. wearing latex gloves
B. washing your hands
C. using a mask
D. applying antibacterial ...

What is the white blood cells' role in fighting disease?

How do I get rid of my cold? Its been over a week!?
I've tried medication, healthy diet and rest. After a week, I'm STILL sick! what else should I try?...

What is a CBC? Does a CBC have anything to do with HIV?

Additional Details
what are the common results that come with a cbc? for example is 12.1 a result of a cbc? if so is that good?...

Please help me?
I got assessment to do.....there is question.....research 3 bacterial and 3 viral infection and give a brief description.

plz would u like to help me.....i tried my best.......but i cant ...

AIDS Cure from India . I visited www.babucure.com Hon.President Of India confirms AIDS is Curable !!!!!!!!!!?
Mr. Babubhai Thakkar has written to Hon. President of India , Hon. Chief Minister of Gujarat, Hon. Chief Miniter of Andhra Pradesh and all other concern authorities Including Gujarat State AIDS C...

I have the flu. How can I get better quick?
So, I just started my new job, and go figure, I call in sick the second shift because my dog got put down, but they understood. Now today, only a few days later, I called in sick again due to a flu, ...

AIDS!! Avoid night clubs?
Well, my groupmate told me the terrible things. One guy, he went to the club and on returning home he had found the note in his pocket. He read it: Congratulations!! You have now the AIDS virus.

My 4 year old daughter was diagnosed with Mono yesterday, how long should she stay out of school?
about 4 weeks ago she was diagnosed with Strep Throat, she was taking Penecillin x 10 days, after that she started with high fever and sore throat again, along with vomiting. She was hospitalized for ...

Swollen Throat Infection?
i've been having this throat infection for 5 days now and i've seen a doctor. he prescribed me this antibiotics called "amoxicillin/clav (curam)" and throat inflamation pills ...

My eye is excreting a lot of pus. I had a bad cold all week probably the flu?
The pus is like a mix between sleepy and bugers. and it is a yellow color. My eye hurts. What is the problem and how serious is this? I don't want answers that only say "go to a doctor"...

How long am I contagious? I have a bacterial infection in my lungs, sinuses, larynx, and ears. Read for more
The symptoms started yesterday (10/16/06) and I was in the ER. I have a class that's only 8 weeks long and the final class is this Friday. I'm supposed to be giving a 10 minute power ...

What can I give to my six year old daughter who has a sore throat?
She woke up this morning with one and I want to stop it before it progresses into a full blown cold. help please....

Non-promiscous & never been a drug user. Recently contracted hepatitis c & very scared any advice ?
I feel depressed, discouraged, angry, confused.....etc !!...

My question if any doctors are online.How long should i wait before doing anything to my gallstones?
I have multiple gallstones in the gallbladder and in the common bile duct that measures at 1.7 mm in ...

I have the stomach flu, what should I eat??
I woke up this morning with, what I think is, the stomach flu. I tried to drink some water and eat some plain white bread and I couldn't even hold that down. I've been told Gatorade is ...

✫✫✫✫
What Will Happen If I Don't Get A Tetanus Shot And I Step On A Rusty Nail?

Carmen
you go to the hospital right away and they give you another tetanus or a booster. You might as well go get one anyways if u cant remember your last one, cuz i think they run out after 7 years??? 10 tops. They last pretty long.

Rogue
Rating
And you will die a very painful death

silkmilk1
Rating
my grandmother died of lockjaw. She stepped on a rusty nail with out a tetanus shot.

jag
Rating
You could get tetanus . This is a blood infection which in some cases is fatal. There is only a small chance of this. Just clean the cut & put antibiotic on it.

Jessica C
You could get tetanus, which causes lockjaw. Basically you won't be able to open or close your mouth...

jackie_ann4561
Rating
You'll get tetanus

Liz
Did the nail go all the way in,did you have a tetanus shot in the past 7 years?If you have not had a tetanus shot and the nail pierced the skin enough that it bled then you could get tetanus.I would suggest going to the ER,or a walk in clinic and get a tetanus booster shot.If the nail did not punture the skin you should be fine.GOD-bless

Edie
Rating
You need a tentanus vaccine every 5 years. The consequences of not being vaccinated if you step on a rusty nail are not pretty!! Tetanus bacillus is a toxin that can cause an acute infectious disease. The first sign is stiffness of the jaw (lockjaw) and esophagus, and some of the neck muscles. Muscles of the face contract, and muscles of the back, arms and legs spasm. Fever and severe pain will be present. The disease is usually, but not always, fatal. When fatal, the infected person commonly dies from asphyxia (unable to breathe) and exhaustion.

TweetyBird
Rating
Well you don't have to run out and get a tetanus booster before stepping on a rusty nail. You can get one afterward. I realize this isn't what you're asking but I couldn't resist.

There's no 100% guarantee that stepping on a rusty nail will cause tetanus. Just a high likelihood. If you hadn't had a booster within the last 10 years and if there were tetanus bacteria on the nail or in the soil around the nail, you'd probably get it. If your boosters were current, probably not.

Now, if you're also asking what would happen if you were not only vulnerable to tetanus, contracted it and went untreated, you'd die.

FYI: "Lockjaw" refers to the muscles spasms that affect the jaw and also other muscle groups in the body. This doesn't mean that the mouth can never be opened. That's false. The spasms do cause difficulty swallowing. An older term for tetanus is "lockjaw".

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy