Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I'm getting really scared about the 'bout the bird flu! How do I deal with it?
I'm afraid of the bird flu! My dad didn't help me any, by saying "Me and your mother aren't scared of it, so you don't have to be scared of it." Just because they aren&...

Pain killer for urinary tract infection?
It is about 2am and just woke up with a bad UTI. There is what I think is a lot of blood in my urine. Can I take pain killers?...

Is it true you drink alot of water you can beat this flu?
that already has ...

What should drink if I have the stomach flu?

Medical help plz! I cannot trust those I know?
If identified as case 3 the viral, how long does Meningitis take to kill? I've heard a few hours after unset is that correct? If so I'm gonna die in about 6 hours Tell my sister I'm ...

If a mosquito bites a person with aids then bites you, will you be infected?

In a bathroom which stall usually has the least germs?
and why?...

I am having left side facial numbness, pain under my ear into my jaw, no fever-any idea what is causing this?

Do I have pink eye?
I have all the symptoms - yellow mucus in eyes, eyes sealed shut in the mornings, eyes itch and feel like they have sand in them - EXCEPT, my eyes aren't red or pink. The whites are white like ...

EVERYONE Try to answer this question if you could please!!?
It all started about a week ago. One of my friends was complaining about a sore throat. A couple days later she started to get some white patches under her tongue. She made a doctors appointment and ...

What not to eat with chicken pox?
what should you not eat when you have chicken pox
no milk, no cheese
is soya milk ...

What exactly is a bug ?

Can adults catch headlice?
My little boy has just caught headlice from school and ive been told not to worry as they dont go on adult hair. Is this true?...

My husband has bad diarrhoea what can i do to help?
he has been like this for two days and has been drinking fluids but has being go straight through ...

Isn't it an interesting coincidence that Lou Gherig had Lou Gherig's disease?

How come my stool was green?
-first time that happenend
- and it was hard for the stool to come ...

Just when I thought my day couldnt get any worse?
I started my day off by running over my cat's head and then found out he couldn't be cloned (much to my surprise). So I go outside to clean up the blood and stuff that is all over my ...

My dad is suffering from an ulcer is drinking cranberry juice advisable?

Chicken pox help!!! asap?
i have a chicken pox... and i am 21... what should i do?
is there any medication to stop it or foods/things to prevent?
Additional Details
somebody said that it'll leave deep ...

I haven't had the chicken pox all my life...How do I get it now so i dont get it when I'm and adult?
I've heard its more deadly when your ...

kwgw2002
The question is that the doctor gave my daughter a shot to stop vomiting cause of a virus. did you hear of it.

Dr Universe
Rating
yes i`m a Doctor

Simple Jewels
This often leads to a prescription of Phenergan, an antiemetic that can keep your child from vomiting, but often at the price of many other side effects. In addition to making your child very sleepy, Phenergan can cause respiratory depression (which means that your child could stop breathing) and dystonic reactions, with involuntary muscle spasms.
Ps i work with a nurse who told me this...

qwaszxopklnmg
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

mylus6711
Nope, I really haven't heard of that.

DrPepper
how old is your daughter?

carmenPI
Injectable anti-emetics are fairly common, especially in children. Phenergan is probably the one I see most often.

Catfish_Woman154
I was given a shot of phenergan once because of nausea and vomiting during a severe migraine headache.

sheloves_dablues
Rating
Yes. Liquid gravol. The same stuff they give you (in the butt cheek) when they inject you with demerol.

Mightymo
Rating
No, never have as yet. I wonder if it was an anti-biotic shot, but then I haven't heard of them either.

Rocker Chick
Rating
I actually did hear of it,I also got a shot to stop my vommiting, because I was vomitting 3 days every 20 minutes. I forgot the name of the shot, but it really does work, its amazing!

sngozig
never heard of a shot only liquid medication

gone from here too
Yeap ! my son got the same thing when he was 5

suziso
Rating
They can give you intravenous medications to control nausea. They often give these after surgery when they know the patient is has a history of nausea. I haven't heard of shoots being given in the office for nausea though.

x
yes, if your child has gastroenteritis it may have vomiting and diarrhea, vomiting is treated by given plasil( clopram) 10 mg intravenously , intramuscular or as a capsule

nendlin
Rating
yep if vomitting for any reason is going on too long causing distress or dehydration the doc can give an anti sickness jab nothing to worry about hun

Gypsy Gal
Rating
Yes, when you have the stomach flu/

rita_alabama
There's a few different types of injections to stop vomiting. Reglan and Phenergan are the first ones than come to mind. They are fairly common.

SHOESAREME
Rating
the shot was phenergan. For more information on side effects here is the web site.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/prometh_ad.htm

sagegranny
Rating
He basically gave her an anti-nausea (phenergan) medication. If she has been loosing a lot of fluids by vomiting. I'm surprised that he didn't put her on an IV or have her drink pedicare to bring her electrolytes up.
I've been given the shot when I get migraine headaches.

Cash
Rating
The injection was probably because your doc wanted to make sure your daughter didn't throw the meds back up and then the dosage would be all screwed up. There are many injectable versions of drugs that most people are only familiar with taking orally. You may want to search the web for anti-vomitting injections and see what medications pop up. I know there are several.

Marilyn B
Rating
There are several medications for adults and children to stop vomiting, but just a few are listed below. As you can see, some can be taken orally or by injection.
Dolasetron (ANZEMET) oral and injectable
Granisetron (KYTRIL) oral and injectable
Odansetraon (ZOFRAN) oral and injectable
Palonosetron (ALOXI) injectable

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy