Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Thrush + tongue ulcers?
thrush + mouth ulcers = HIV/AIDS ???...

Could my son have MRSA?
His great grandfather was recently diagnosed with mrsa, he has an infection in his eye. My son was around him during the holidays. Is it possible that he might have cought it?...

Why do we have (in the UK) so many illnesses coming back e.i TB, legionaries and i have heard of the plague?
in europe, what is going on??
Additional Details
probably ...

What was it like for you in operating room?
did they gas you,ekg stickers,catheter,...

Is my nose okay?
I'm ill and I've been blowing my nose, but only blood comes out. I feel stuffed up , I sound nasal right now, and I feel the disease is spreading to my lungs. I'm worried. What does ...

How to fight against viral diseases?

What could this be?
I have been sick for about a year, irregular heart beat, vomitting, dizzy, faint. My tongue has had big red dots on since I started getting sick. For the last month I've noticed the glands on ...

I have MRSA. Am I immune to antibiotics when I get a common infection such as strep throat?
I'm really wondering if common antibiotics will be as effective when I get other infections, ie. strep throat, or will the MRSA always inevidably sneak in. OR is it only to be of concern when I ...

How do i remove cold sores?

What is the novo-virus?

What is the best way to properly remove an embedded tick from your flesh?

. All of the following may be risk factors for strokes EXCEPT:?
a. race
b. low red blood cell count
c. gender
d. ...

URINARY TRACT INFECTION medication question!!?
I have a pretty bad case of UTI....and got prescribed Macrobid (Nitrofurantoin) to take one pill twice daily. The pain is excruciating and I cannot bear it....even worse, i have my finals this week ...

Do you feel like giving up I have hepc and God known what else?

I had a tetanus shot 11 yrs ago, just scratched my leg w/ a rusty nail, no blood...do I need another tetanus s

Is the drug " cephalexin", used for both humans and animals.?
I Just got this prescription for my dog and when I looked on the internet for results, it spoke of human consumption as well....

My hands are always cold!?
EVERYONE always comments on how cold my hands are! Does anyone know why!?...

Shingles - is it infectious to young children?
My mum has just been diagnosed with Shingles and she's feeling pretty unwell.

We're a bit worried because she came to visit me and was cuddling my 1 year old son on Monday and ...

How big does a staff infection get?

Does mono ever go away?

Additional Details
if it dosen't go away can you still pass it on to other people, and p.s. i don't have it my bro does and i don't want to like drink out of his glass ...

devvveo
Sore Throat - how many spoons of honey and lemon juice?
I have a severely sore throat. It was mild a few days ago when I went to visit the doctor so he didn't prescribe me any anti-biotics. Fast forward a few days to present day and my throat hurts like heck. It hurts so much that everytime I swallow saliva, water, or food, I would wince like a little girl.

I keep hearing people throw around a remedy that consisted of warm water(or is it hot?) + honey + lemon juice. What I want to know is how many spoons of honey and lemon juice do I need? Can I also substitute lemon with lime? And lastly, do I gargle this or drink it?

Thank you in advance.
Additional Details
I don't have any lemon tea at home...Can I just use warm water and add the honey and lemon to it?

Annie S
Rating
urg i hate when that happens!!! gargle water w/ salt in it and that should help and if u have any tea (green tea would help) put some honey in that and drink it, i dont think lemon would help though but then again i have never tried it. Hope this helps! :-) get well soon!!♥♥

me
Rating
lemon tea or green tea and squeeze a lemon in it and pour honey. drink a ton of it

freaked out 91
In my experience honey irritates the throat itself, and lemon is acidic, so if your throat is dry that mixture would leave you coughing. Gargling with salt water or eating ramen noodles which are high in sodium will soothe your throat. Don't shy away from asprin either.

ENJOIpanda
Rating
i have a sore throat right now too, my mom told me to make tea and put a spoonful of honey in it. it tastes kinda gross but it helps. u dont gargle this, u drink it.

Tapioca
Rating
What I do is make a cup of tea. I like chamomile, but regular black tea would be nice, too. I add the juice of a half a lemon and enough honey to make it sweet.
If the sore throat doesn't get better soon, go back to the doctor.

mdt
Rating
warm water makes the honey dissolve easier plus easier to drink. Honey needs to be the natural -live honey. not the processed. Lemon best when freshly squeezed. Another remedy- I make a drink with 2 lemons (sliced), 5-6 garlic cloves, and about an inch of fresh ginger root (sliced). Boil and simmer til garlics are soft. Then enjoy. It kicks the colds butt. Doesn't taste that bad because your throat hurts so much you don't have much taste anyway. When you realize the taste then you know you're getting better!

mary k
Rating
once in the morning and once at night since you are busy in between .

candyapple58
Rating
The remedy that I grew up was: take a tablespoon of honey and mix it with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Fresh lemon is the best, but you can use bottled. I'm not sure about using lime instead. You drink it, you do not gargle with it. Green tea is also good for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy