Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

When someone has HIV/AIDS...?
like say someone cut themselves, can you get hiv if they touch you or you also have to have a cut...sorry if its confusing
Additional Details
so i dont have a cut and a person touches me,...

Hepatitis a?

If you have a cold and achy body, headache etc., is it even worth it to go to the doctor?
They always tell you to call them back if you're not better in a week. I feel like it's a waste of my time and money to go to the doctor at all....

Is there a CURE for Hep.C? If so, what?

Do i have an infection?
I been having alot of discharge, itching and is really driving me crazy the discharge is liquidy not mucos and i literaly need to ware a pad other wise i would be all wet and unconfortable please ...

Symptoms of ecoli virus?

Fifth diease/ human parvo?
my 13 year old cousin has it. They said it was very rare, and he would be on meds for the rest of his life possible wheelchair. They are sending him to Ann Arbor MI for more test. is this possible is ...

How many get the Uk or Nigaria scams?
I get 20 a month!!...

Fever and abdomen pain? why? what could it be?

The left part of my face swells right in front of my ear. Any idea what causes that?
This happens periodically like a couple or three times a year. It seems like its the muscle in my jaw but perhaps its the lymph node there are an inner year infection? I've had my wisdom ...

What are 3 in which Bacteria is used for a good purpose????

STREP THRoAT:[[[[?
im getting all the symptoms and do you have to go to the doctors? or will it go away by itself on any chance? and if you have to go to the doctor how do they take the test to see if your positive for ...

What does God thinks about Blood transfusion, it correct or does he prohibits it?

My friend hiv test came back negative, she did the p24 antigen ad also the antibody test, but she still has a?
temperature and also a sore throat what else would it ...

If I have hepatitus C...can I still get into the medical field ?

My wife has plenty of whitish phlegm. What does she do to solve this issue?
Is there any medical or holistic cures or relief to this annoying phlegm problem? Thanks in advance for all your suggestions....

What are the chances of contracting HIV, from an accidental needlestick from an HIV positive needle?

I belive I have throat infection so what should I do?
my symptoms are pain in my throat, inflamation and redness of my tonsils(they are touching my uvula!), slight inflamation of my left throat, pain in my left inner ear(if I put my finger in my left ...

I've only had a mild case of the Chicken Pox, but am I immune to it or vunerable to it?
I don't know if I should go around people who have the Chicken Pox...

What do you think?
Additional Details
So, I'm immune, even though it was a mild case?...

Will disease ever be just something that kids read about in books?

katashtr0phe
My throat hurts really, really bad. Do I have strep throat?
My throat hurting on Sunday and it's now Thursday. My throat isn't red and doesn't have white or red bumps on it. I've had cold-like symptoms such as headache and fever. I've felt really crappy. But, I don't have a runny nose or anything. Normally when I have a sore throat, it starts feeling better in two days. It's been four, and it feels like it's actually getting worse. I've been doing everything I can to soothe it. I've been drinking tea... gargling salt water..taking medicine, and using sore throat drops. It hurts so bad, I can't take it anymore. :( Do I have strep throat or is it just a sore throat?

Lauren
I had a similar thing - i hate the doctors but i was in so much pain that i went - i had tonsillitis for the first time in my 20's. and was on the right anti bio tics and 100 times better within 2 days!

head to the doctors asap - even if it's bulk billers( that's free clinics in aust) if you have them where you are!

hazeleyedbeauty1967
Rating
My doctor always told me if you have a sore throat more than 3 days, make an appointment. He was never wrong.

Go Dale Jr! #88! (Lynn)
You should go to your doctor. You may need antibiotics. He will know just by looking if its strep throat or not. Or sometimes they take a Q-tip and get a sample of mucus from the back of your throat to test it for strep. If you still have tonsils, it could be tonsillitis. Whatever the cause, you should go to your doctor or the E.R. asap.
Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

talumirage
Rating
I agree with the first poster- my doc always said if a sore throat lasts almost a week (he said around five days was the cutoff), you need to get to the doctor's just in case it is strep/tonsilitis/glandular fever/laryngitis/pharyngitis (sp?) etc.

Hope it goes ok!

HMMMM
Rating
I would go to the doctor. When your throat hurts for more than 3 days, something could be wrong. The only way to tell if you have strep throat is to be tested by a doctor. Sore throats can be the sign of a start of a cold or something more serious.

Doodlebug
If you have done all of those things that you say you've done and your sore throat isn't any better, you may want to go to the doctor and ask him to do some blood work...
You may have MONO....with this illness, there is a sore throat that just won't go away....and you will need medication.
Go to the doctors, that is your best bet...it's better to be safe than sorry.
Hope you feel better.

bumblebee
Rating
Only a Doctor can d iagnose a Strep infection by taking a culture of your throat. If it hurts as much as you say it does, get it checked out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy