Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Argh i hate a cold sore!?
I have a cold sore on my bottom lip..its driving me crazy!! any home remedies that would help it heal faster?

also, are they related to canker sores? i just got over two canker ...

Hiv patient with non healing lesions on leg. WHich organisms is most likely the cause?

Additional Details
Would it be A. Fonsecaea pedrosoi
B. Cryptococcuc neoformans
C. sporothrix schenckii
D. penicillium marneffei
e. Fusarium spp....

What organism when placed in an open wound prevents infection and gangrene?

Quick relief from cold ...?
I've just got a cold now, how to overcome ...

How much does a spleen transplant cost?

How can I protect my (new) hens from bird flu?
The hens are in a 5' by 4' by 4' henhouse and have a 4' high 6'long run enclosed with chicken wire. Should I build a frame and put netting over it to prevent wild birds ...

Please help me plz..........?
while watching tv a few minutes ago,something came up about the symptoms of meningtis and after looking at them i noticed that i have had some just recently...

it said that after geting a ...

I am very sick and dont want to spread it to my family?
i am very sick with a burning throat, im coughing up brown stuff and my head hurts. I want to get better before christmas, and i don't want to get my family sick. Can anybody help me with either?...

If you take your tonsils out, will you get less strep throat infections?

My daughter is three and has puss coming out of her eye?
she has been sick coughing and stuff
Additional Details
her eye is not red at ...

Can Women catch that man flu they go on about?

Do urinary tract infections go away on their own?
I heard drinking a lot of water can help UTI's.. can it make them go away? Or should I go to a doctor?...

My 4 year old son suffers from very bad thoat infections, and now his skin has begun to peel from his fingers,

Bladder Infection...!!?
I know i have a bladder infection and that i should drink as much fluids as i possible can in order to flush the infection out. but i did have a few blood drops come out but only once. she i continue ...

Just feel the tingle in my throat ..a cold is coming...HOW CAN I PREVENT IT?

Neighbors chihuahua attacked my toe?
She attacked my toe and I think it is infected. I have been putting Hydrogen Peroxide on it, but that doesn't seem to help very much. What do I do?
Additional Details
btw to the ...

Can you go to school if you have the chicken pox?
if i have chicken pox can i go to school? if i cant, when can i go bakc?
Additional Details
um....i cant find calamine lotion.....any sugestions to stop itching?...

Can spread HIV via spit in the eye?

Is my unvaccinated child at risk by being near a recently vaccinated child?
We don't do vaccines. Do recently-vaccinated children pose a threat by carrying the virus that has been injected into them? I care for an infant that has just received his vaccines....

How do you detect yeast infection?

maria
My husband has shingles can i get it by just being in the same house as him?

Kerry
Rating
Have him put the singles up on the roof. just kidding

They are not contagious

metugamer
Rating
i think you had better find a new husband.. any other question?

Amie G
Rating
No! You cannot catch shingles. Shingles is sometimes caused by stress.

slobriant05
shingles is like chicken pox well its cause by the same virus as chicken pox. My grandmother had shingles and if you have came in contact before with chicken pox then your body is immune to the virus. You shoudnt be able to catch shingles.

sage seeker
Rating
No

musician for Christ♪♫
Rating
no shingles is caused buy the chicken pox virus. when a child has a mild case of chicken pox the virus is not killed off totally and lies dormant for a ling time, and causes shingles but they are not contagious.

SKG R
Yes take care pl.

emanzit
The answer is no you cant catch shingles by just being in the same room with your husband. BUT you should be worried about catching HIV if you dont know your husbands status and yours. You should have both of you checked out to be on the safe side.

lynda
Yes you can get shingles from someone else. If they are broke out and they are what they call weeping, and you are next to there skin.. yesssss you can catch them.. I know I caught them from my husband.

Kahlo
Rating
No. Shingles is not contageous that way. Most of the population has the virus in their system already- Herpes Zoster. It's the one that causes chicken pox. Shingles is a neurological condition.

cloudrr79
Rating
A person with a shingles rash can pass the virus to someone, usually a child, who has never had chickenpox, but the child will develop chickenpox, not shingles. A person with chickenpox cannot communicate shingles to someone else. Shingles comes from the virus hiding inside the person's body, not from an outside source.
So NO you can't get shingles from being in the same house as our husband.For most healthy people, the lesions heal, the pain subsides within 3 to 5 weeks, and the blisters leave no scars.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy