Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

If you drop your mobile on the floor in a public place can it cause germs??
for example i dropped my mobileon the carpet at work then put into my pocket is that highly dangerous in terms of transfer of germs etc or should i ignore it?...

Avoid geting colds?
my son plays foot ball at a very high level.he is 13.he trains hard every day for4 to 5 hours.the problem is he catches cold very frequentley[once every 4 to 6 weeks]his performance gets affected ....

Tonsillitis?
i've had tonsillitis 3 times this year and have had it this time round since wednesday in agony had penecillian not working,i was told that i can't have them out as pencillian works, but as ...

Can a person from a chicken pox virus infected house ,carry the virus to another person?
if a person has chicken pox and if that person `s relative who is staying with him ,carry the virus to another person ,...in short is it possible for him to act as a carrier of the virus ,even if ...

Do you have a cold?
I have one, alot of people do.
I'm bored, just answer....

Im having my tonsils out!!?
i found out i have tonsilitus, i have to get them removed in mid october if my tonsils are still swollen, and now im crapping it, heard horrid stories about having them out..

so i would ...

Does your state have the Salmonella-tainted tomato illnesses?
i'm not sure if mine does yet, but im not eating any tomatoes to find out...
Additional Details
does it count for ketchup too?...

My throat hurts and i see something next to my tonsils?
it hurts everytime i swallow and ive thought it would dissappear every morning but it hasnt. This is the third day and the pain hasnt eased. when i stare down my throat i can kinda see another tonsil ...

I'm Really Sick., But i don't know what it is.
About 3 days ago, Sunday morning i woke up and i felt really crap.
I felt really tired and so i went to sleep a few times during the day, Monday i woke up feeling even more crap.

I ...

My boyfriends says he got hepatitis from rat poison. Is that possible?

Can a non ashmatic patient contract ashma by kissing an ashmatic patient?

If you come to the emergency with a 109 fever and strep, is it ok for them to send you home?
I ask this because there is this one hospital that always messes up and they sent my friend home last night with that high of a fever. shouldnt they give her something to make the fever go down or ...

Can I infect someone with hep c since I am positive?
I have hepatitis C can I infect others?...

Why does a daily enema keep me from havingA common cold or the flu?

Should doctors be required to release the names of patients who test positive for AIDS and why?

OMG, help!!!!?
There's this skin disease going around my school, and I want to learn about it.

I can't remember the whole name, it's really long and my dad lost the paper the school gave ...

Have the authorities ever discovered where AIDS actually came from ???

Could you get aids by only kissing???
or ...

Can you get contaminated blood by getting a tatoo witha sewing or a saftypen and only change the needle twice?
my son got a tatoo from a friend and he is sick with chills and ...

I have chicken pox for a week now, i have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter and a 4 month old son,can they stil get it?
i'm a 22 yr old mom and have chicken pox really bad for a week now,i am worried about my kids.i'm close with them, just like usual,but they still didnt get it as yet.its not like i want ...

janine w
My daughter is bit by a hamster then the hamster died two days later. does the hamster carry rabies?
we bought the hamster three weeks ago and it bit my daughter. two days later it died. the hamster looks weak the day before it died yet it still runs when we try to get it from its cage. the hamster always gets wet in its water dish even before the bite. the 5 hamsters in the cage with it is still alive. its been 8 days now and my daughter was given a tetanus shot as a preventive measure for the future when we brought her to a medical facility. the wound has healed on her finger even before the second day. should she be given rabies shot? what might have cause the death of the hamster?

doug s
Rating
oh my god!she will surely die now.pray for mercy and perhaps,with the sacrifice of a true virgin,she may be spared.

.:Nahira:.
Rating
I think the hamster and your daughter may have rabies. Take her to the emergency room ASAP.

Txlady
Rating
Animal Control in your area AND your / a vet should have been notified upon the biting of your daughter AND ESPECIALLY the day the hamster died. The proper people would have done a head exam for rabies. Have the other 5 tested, as a precaution. In the meantime, watch your daughter and notify the doc of the problem. They can tell you specifically what to watch for. With luck, she's ok. I understand that rabies shots can be an ordeal.

tmlamora1
Obviously, you don't have a clue about getting 'a rabies shot'.
It's not like a tetanus shot.
I'm sure the hamster was not rabid--it was probably killed by the other hamsters because it was weak--they do that.
I'm sure she'll be fine.

Ray2play
Rating
Why are you asking these people. How about a vet and a doctor.

jwjkrjstorm
Hamsters bought in stores like that can die from a multitude of things being wrong with it - the chances of it being rabies though is slim to none. The hamster probably died from stress or it may have died from pneumonia from getting wet and from the change of environment - they are very fragile animals and can die very easily.

J K
Rating
NOT LIKELY.

9lives
Rating
sometimes hampsters die shortly after they are purchased. if you gave it city water it may be the chlorine in the water. also their have been problems with dog food i wonder if there are problems with hamster food as well. Also if the shavings contain certain chemicals they may have combined with the water and were ingested by the animal killing it. It could be a number of things. You should see a doctor and take the dead hampster to the vet to have it tested.

TweetyBird
Did you follow upi with and inform your daughter's pediatrician???? Why don't you get off this computer and do that right now. See what the doctor recommends.

As far as the cause of death of the hamster, you've gotten a few intelligent answers but if you've destroyed the body, you will never really know.

Quicksilver
If the hamster was born in captivity and never around any wild animals, there is no way it could have been carrying the rabies virus.

tell me tell me tell me
Small rodents almost never carry rabies. The risk of rabies is minimal, and probably does not warrant the risk of post-exposure prophylaxis (which is not without risk). Check with your doc.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy