Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Any tips on helping a cold/flu get better quicker?
Thanks....

May have accidental drank a very small piece of plastic or glass what should I do?

Additional Details
could I possibly drink a little water then self induce vomiting along with a burp to dislodge particle in ...

Why would a doctor not prescribe antiboiotics for influenza and when would he?

Additional Details
haha, for the record I am healthy at the moment. I am taking Pathophisology and that was a question on our case study I wasn't sure about....

Can i donor blood even though i have tatoos??

Is there paracetamol in dihydrocodeine?

What makes me keep getting urinary tract infections?

Additional Details
i get at least 2 or more a month and im a terribly too clean person as well as my partner i wipe front to back etccc.......

Do you think depression could be contagious......?
because it seems to be in epidemic proportions these days.
What do you think could be the underlying cause?...

Is viral fever infectious?

What is Hep C and how do u catch it, does it only affect the liver?

Need info about chicken pox....help?
my babysitter just found out the little boy she babysits has chicken pox he's not even 2 yet...the thing is my daughter who will be 3 next month, hasn't had the chicken pox yet and im not ...

Any suggestions for a bladder infection?
i have taken cranberry pills, some antibotics, have been drinking lots of water, and taking vitamin c. so anything else would be great. Thanks!!...

What diseases can be passed when sharing the same drinking vessel?

What is cladmider (hiv)?

Can someone help me covert temperature from F to Celcius?
How much is 99F in Celcius??...

Can you get HIV from using a public phone?
What about other diseases?...

Im getting a tetnus shot in a few days how long is it supposed to hurt for?

How can i get a fever or sick like now!?!?!?!?
please no stupid answers i have my reasons 10points for the best answer!...

HIV and Blood...please help!?
Hey guys have a question for you. I was walking in my local mall when I brushed up against a flower box outside. I was wearing shorts, and since they were shorter than the height of the flower box ...

Can I get antibiotics for Strep Throat without going to the doctor?
I know I have strep but can't pay to go to a doctor to get antibiotics....

Have you ever been so nervous you've soiled yourself?

anonymous
My boyfriend has a staph infection. can you get it from kissing?
Its on his leg, i didnt touch it but we kissed. help please

Breedlove
No probably not ;but staph infections are very contagious and should be treated with very strong anti-biotics. So just steer clear of him for a few days....

lauraly
Rating
A staph infection on the leg (skin) may be what is called impetigo and is a bacterial infection. Your boyfriend should see his physician because bacterial infections are treated with antibiotics, and he wouldn't want it to spread or get worse. This condition can be contagious with contact. If he had a throat or respiratory infection and you kissed; you could be exposed through kissing due to contact, or saliva/droplet exchange.

MARYAM J
Rating
dear girl
this kind of scar only transmit by direct contact. kissing is from lips. then they dont relate each other. it doesnt tansfer from kissing

mother of 2
Rating
staph is a blood infection,,, call your Dr.

Stephanie V
NO hunny. you can not get it from kissing his leg. i had one when i was in the hospital for 2 months and it needs to be treated ASAP. Most of the time a lot ppl who are in the hospital for long periods of time end up developing one. it is usually from having open cuts or wounds. and not being covered. i had one because i had blood drawn like every hour from me and etc....but be careful. i honestly would slow down on the whole being intimate with one another until he is completely okay.

jigadee
Rating
dont kiss his leg

duc602
yes you can get it. you probably already have it. you need to get checked out.

quijibored
About a third of the population is already colonized with the common staph germ that is present on the skin. You boyfriend may have scratched himself or had the germ enter his body in some other way. Make sure he takes all his antibiotics, practice good hygiene and always wash your hands around him. Don't get any pus from his infection on you. You probably won't get infected but you may already carry the staph germ since this is very common. Whether you show signs of infection would depend on your immune status but probably you won't if you are young, healthy and use good hygiene. Also, make sure his Dr didn't tell him he has the MRSA variety of staph since this is much more serious. good luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy