Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is pinkeye really contagious?
And do you think my daycare lady will notice? My 5 yr old doesn't really seem to be bothered with other symptoms. So what's the big deal? So- what if it is contagious? That's probably ...

Should hiv infected nurses be allowed to give patient care?

Are people taking the bird flu virus seriously enough?
We hear about it periodically, but how much should we focus on it today? Is it being sensationalized or down played? How does the average citizen know how to prepare for it? When will it occur and ...

Can a person with hepatitis c and HIV work in a restaurant?
I work at there. I found out they were hiring this guy next week, I talked to a nurse and she said I can't say anything, to the owner, because of the persons rights, sometimes employees cut ...

Does rapseed effect you? Does it cause you flue like symptoms.?

Im 15 and could i get chicken pox?

What are some of the most dangerous diseases?

My child is running a fever of 104.0 should i take him to the er?
has taken tylenol x4 (1300mg) in the last 16 hrs , is 6 years old. extreme goosebumps, and has no appetite....

Are immunization shots mandatory? If so What if you do not want your child to get them?
I am concerned that they may hurt my granddaughter. I have ran across 3 people whose kids were permanatley disabled from the shots they received to immunize them....

I've got fever, what tablets should i use??

What does Potentail mean?

What could be the diagnoses of a person with fever of an unknown origin?

I am 38 and never had chicken pox my two year old son has just caught it what are my chances of catching it?

If someone bit you, would you get tested for rabies?

Can anyone tell me?
Cah anyone tell me what scabies are how long they can last and what to do for them? I think that i might have them because I have itchy bumps on my hands, arms and legs. Can anyone help?
A...

I have a son thats 9 mo. I think he has chickenpox. is it dangerous at that young of age?
Were in the Philippines and he never had a vaccination for it. What are the symptoms?...

How long does a bug stay in yr system i heard it was 24 hrs but I've had mine longer n its a menace?

Is herpes around the mouth ok?
like is it bad to have that what could it ...

What is the best way to clean your system of maryjane? So many jobs require a urinalysis these days.?

OK Medical proffssnls (& really smart people). What contagious diseases remain infectious after the body dies
what (and for how long) will these diseases remian on a corpse/deceased/in the blood or body fluid?

THANKS!...

DAVID
Is there a way to see if you had chickenpox?
I don't know if I ever had it, but I'm curious. Also does someone know if the chickenpox shot needs to be renewed?

linda g
have doc give a blood test i thought my son never had them come to find out it stays in there blood if u have ha it

versantly
have a titer drawn at the lab for varicella. this is not generally covered by insurance and can be a costly out of pocket expense. talk to your doctor or the health dept about a varicella booster.

lividuva
Rating
I had wondered the same thing myself for many years up until late last year when I came down with the virus while pregnant. I was very sick and hospital for a few days. (I also took many weeks to recover) I would suggest that if you are unsure have a blood test to see if you have any antibodies to the virus. If you havent had the virus. Then get yourself immunised, I have read that it can cause infertility in males. Chicken pox can also cause encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) and death (These are rare)
You only need one shot for this unless you have had a serious illness (like cancer) and then you need to have boosters of all your shots.

W W D
Rating
If you're curious enough, you can have blood drawn to check for varicella antibodies.

sexytrojan
Rating
Ask your parents!

cope_acetic
If you had it, you probably have at least one scar...looks like a pit in your skin & never changes.

If you HAD it, you should be immune forever. But in today's "super-bug environment"----I'd get it redone to be safe.

TweetyBird
Rating
You can be drawn for antibody titers. The vaccine is considered to give lifetime immunity. At this time boosters are not considered necessary but this is under study.

Snagelfritz
Usually depending on your age, you had a shot to enter school. I think it a one time thing, not remember to say for sure.
IF, you had Chickenpox and no one can tell you. You will most times have one or more scars from it. They small and hard to find, unless they in a noticeable place.

gigi2195
The medical assistant (above) is absolutely correct.
You need to be checked for immunity. Most likely you need a booster shot.
Good luck!

ncm2412
You can have blood work to see if you are immune to the virus. You would only need a booster shot for varicella if you are not immune.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy