Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What goverment benifits can i claim while i have post/glandular fever (cfs-ME). Been off work now for 6 months
Been off work now for 6 months (self employed). Only one income coming in for family of 4 through my husband....

Can you get herpese from sharing a cigarette?

Stomach flu?
I think I have the stomach flu because I had diarrhea last night and I couldnt stop vomiting. I would even vomit when i drank water. I stopped vomiting today but now, everytime I cough, my body ...

What does pandemic mean?

Is it true that you can catch a cold by touching a person with a colds tissue with boggy on it?

Doctors please help me.?
I need a kind of help please.
In 2005 I was suffering from tuberculosis one of the most killer disease in the world.
Fortunately, I got treatment, an eight month dose.

after ...

Is it possible (likely?) for the HIV virus to evolve (mutate?) into a ultra-dangerous deadly airborne pathogen
If it were to do so should we expect a worldwide mortal pandemic ultimately decimating or extinguishing our species ?
Additional Details
Why do so many answers frequently "beg the ...

Is it possible for me to transfer hepa b virus to my girlfriend through french kissing?

What is the main cause for getting thrush?
It's a burning sensation on your tongue, especially when you eat spicy or sour foods....

What to drink to help your throat before you sing?

Can you get sick from using a public bathroom?
?
Additional Details
i never ask for source but would like them for this ...

HELP!My ittle sister ate some silica beads can she die from it?!?!?!?!?!?

Does everyone need an Influenza shot every year?
Winter comes and every one rushes to get shots. Why? Shouldn't we let our naural immune system do its job?...

Why we get sick?

What's the best Bird Flu mask?

I had a miled case of chicken pox when i was a kid can i get it again?
So my father in-law has shingals (i know thats spelled wrong), does that have anything to do with chiken pox and can i get it from him? Can i get shingals from him? How do i prevent that from happing....

What do ear infections look like inside kids ears?

How do people get a bladder infection?
Does anybody know how people get them?...

What is heliocobacter infection. i had upper gi endoscopy n results showed this and gastrits?

What is your diagnosis if a teenager had a headache accompanied by a fever?
My son is suffering froma headache on the back of his head and he describe it as a throbbing pain and he has fever which rises already to 39.2 degrees celsius, what is his illness?...

Nothingness
Is pneumonia worse than flu (influenza) ?
easy question i hope

blue_cow27
Rating
Yes, pneumonia can kill you. I've never heard of anyone dying from the flu, but if that's possible, pneumonia would kill you first. The flu is more like a really bad cold. Pneumonia is a lung infection.

The worst thing about pneumonia is that once you get it, it really NEVER goes away. My mother had it, and after that first time, yoiur resistance to it decreased as you age, and it always come back.

yllmedstud
Pneumonia is a symptom just like the flu. They can be both caused by the influenza virus. However pneumonia has both viral and bacterial causes while the flu is usually associated with the influnenza virus. Sometimes initial (prodrome) infection of other viruses can present with flu-like symptoms such as the repiratory syncitial virus.

In pneumonia, there is damage to the cell lining the alveoli (air sacs). This causes it to be filled with fluid. Therefore the lungs ability to exchange gases is reduced. Unless treated, your body is starved of oxygen and you can die because of that.

TECHX69
Most definately

wrestleman109
Yes, pneumonia is worse than the flu because a Flu is more like a virus, and there is a vaccine for it, pneumonia has a vaccine too but pneumonia sticks with you, once it gets in your system, and your not sick anymore, the pneumonia cells still are in you blood, and you can also die from pneumonia, i havent heard anybody dieing from the flu like somebody else said down the page...lol...

Shannyn
Rating
yes pneumonia is a way worse. pneumonia is where the alveoli (small air sacs in the lungs) become inflamed and full of fluid.
the flu can cause pneumonia if not treated properly.

Denise6433
Rating
Oh my goodness yes. Pneumonia is wayyy worse. I have it right now actually, going on 3 and a half weeks. Every time I breathe in or cough I feel like i'm getting stabbed in the chest. I can tell you better than all of these other people because I'm experiancing it as I type it to you! It is an infection in the lung making it hard to breathe, giving you shortness of breath, and overall icky feeling. I have remotely no energy and no strength. I've been on 2 different types of medicine to 'cure' the infection and it hurts so badly that I actually had to get pain pills perscribed so i could sleep better. I wake up 3 or 4 times a night in coughing fights that are so painful I scream in pain. yeah, so pneumonia is worse. I'd rather throw up for 3 days with the flu than everything else I'm dealing with. Does that answer your question? hope I helped.

Chali
Rating
oops, i'm off.

61,777 deaths to pneumonia
257 to influenza.

Although they are often linked.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, December 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy