Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Antibiotic question?
I am currently on CLINDAMYCIN for tonsillitis/sore throat.

They told me that because this antibiotic can cause the serious colon infection called Pseudomembranous colitis that I should ...

What does my husbands urinalysis results means... PUS CELLS is 2-8/hpf?
color:dark yello/hazy; reaction: 5.0; specific oravity: 1,030; sugar: negative and albumin: ...

Can a person contract HIV by giving a hickee?
I know it may be a stupid question, but I would really like to know if anyone has any insight on this topic.

thx....

Does the human apendix have any use?
does the human apendix help the stomach and intestines break down the materials and fat in meat?...

What do viruses feed on?

I told my mom about pin worms and shes taking me to the doctor did i do right?

Additional Details
its been since ...

What is the most powerful antibiotic discovered so far?
Why is penicillin referred to as “the miracle drug?
Why are antibiotics used in feed for livestock? What do you think is the danger of this?...

Serious answers only....I need good information about Staph infections?
I live an hour away from my family and do not get to see them but every couple of months. I was aware that back in the beginning of November that my brother, sister in law and mother had a staph ...

Have you had the vomiting bug 26/01/08?
Hi, my son seems to have this horrible bug thats going about but I dont know anyone else who's had it so dont know how long its lasting, he got it yesterday, any info on it would be appreciated<...

Have you ever had Shingles?
I just found out last friday that I have shingles because of stress etc. I have looked on webmd.com for information about this disease but I was wondering how long shingles last once you break out ...

My brother got H.I.V!! >:(?
well i found out my brother had H.I,V from his recent gf who has it and gave birth to my niece who is H.I.V positive,what my parents dont know is that he got H.I.V so does his misses and his daughter....

What is bacteriophage?

I am having fever for last three days intermittently.Blood report shows SGPT(ALT) is 87.7what could be cause?

What causes an outbreak of fever blisters?
i know that it is usually aquired in childhood, which is when i started having them, but lately i have been getting them more often. today i had an outbreak of 13 in one area (it's very painful) ...

Is there a good way of developing antibodies for a chronic viral infection in the body besides vaccination?

Urinary Track Infection?
I want to know if I have a UTI because it stings when I pee
and it feels like i have to go like i have a weird tingly feeling down there and I'm not sure If maybe I have a small cut down ...

Strep throat symptoms?
it's just one white patch in the back of my throat, kind of off to the side of my throat actually.
looking up symptoms, i read that there were numerous white patches if you have strep ...

What disease is this?
I remember watching a special on the History channel (or Discovery) about this small hospital in a European town that had a patient with XXXXX disease and even though he was quarantined patients on ...

What disease is called shingles?does it affect the brain?
i heard its only peculiar to white people.Is that true?...

Why are doctors only treating the symptoms and not the dieases that cause them?
all the symptoms can be tracked to the dieases of ...

JULIORX2
Is it true that ginger ale helps when you have food poisoning, and if not what will?

jennejojo
Rating
the ginger in ginger ale is supposed to help calm your stomach if it is upset.

drumbum
Rating
Works wonders for me! My Mother and I swear by it. Just take the fizz out of it. Try Coke too, like another poster said. I also eat popcicles. They help me too.

Choqs
Yes it does help settle an upset stomach but it should be flat as the carbon in the pop can disagree with you tummy. The tea suggested is also good and I have used the spice ginger when I didn't have fresh and it works a well.
Gravol is also very good the hosp. gave that to my father in law when he had a really bad flu and could keep nothing down. You can get it over the counter.

BooBoo
Ginger Ale helps to calm the stomach. So does coca cola syrup which you should be able to get at the pharmacy (or just open a coke and let all the fizz die). Works wonders! Hope you feel better. OH and btw, sip it, don't gulp!

Beth
No, the whole ginger ale thing is a myth, unless you find the rare ginger ale that has real ginger in it. Instead drink ginger tea or take concentrated ginger pills. Ginger is used to help with nausea though, not vomiting, so wait until you are keeping things down. Gatorade is also great for keeping up your strength.

tiny Valkyrie
Rating
The best thing to do with food poisoning is nothing.
Your body wants it out for a reason, don't fight it.

Just keep sipping watered down gatorade until the symptoms start to subside.

If you are very young, elderly, running a fever, vomiting blood, the symptoms have lasted more than 24 hours, or are becoming dehydrated, then you have to get medical attention.

If you have to have ginger, get fresh ginger root, and crush a piece in the bottom of a glass with some honey, and add some lukewarm water. That WILL calm the stomach once vomiting has stopped.
Most store bought ginger ale has only flavoring, not the real thing.

ck
Ginger itself will settle upset stomachs, but might not help with something as serious as food poisoning. But, most ginger ales don't have real ginger in them. They're just sugary crap. You can make ginger tea by pouring boiling water over about a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger. Steep it for 5 minutes, then strain and drink.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy