Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why would lung dieases be more common in a large uban area than a remote rural area?
question says it ...

Does it make you tired strep throat?

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea does that mean the fifth one enjoys it?

What would the world say if I tell them that a South African scientist discovered a cure for HIV/AIDS?

Helpppp!1111?
hey everyone! last friday-sunday i was sick with a terrible stomach virus that has been going around all of my family got it except my mother and my sisters husband! but i am better now one week ...

Give 2 facial entry points for HIV?

What to drink when you have the flu?
I have the flu, and i don;t know what to take! Any suggestions?...

Scientists are saying that the flu virus could kill upto 81 million ppl?
Is this just scaremongering or a real threat

http://edition.cnn.com/2...

Why are people scared to hug or kiss a person with HIV?

Additional Details
You dont have to sleep around with any and everybody to contract the disease some people contract it innocently. You can be married and your mate sleep around and ...

Can you catch a cold by going out in the rain?

Is there a way that I Could get rid of EVERY germ (Bacteria/virus) in my body?
I understand that some of your answers will be antibiotics. But is there some other anti-bacterial, and antiviral that I could take. I also know that some of you will try to explain that bacteria ...

What's the best way to control the spread of influenza?
Read more:

Flu vaccination rates rise but still fall short of targets: reports
http://ca.news.yahoo.com
Flu shots reduce ...

Chicken pox in an adult?
At the grand old age of 39 I have found out I have chicken pox, nursey at hospital didnt really tell me much, except once the spots have started to show (which is now) wait for up to four days before ...

Temperature at 105?
Oh my goodness! my son has a temperature at 105! i called the doc and he has to return my call..
is there any danger?
Additional Details
he is 12 years ...

WIll french kissing give you HIV?
Me doing a science project on HIV. :)...

What would happen if you just swallowed a LITTLE bleach?
Well, my Grandmother was cleaning and washed the table with bleach. I was hungry and got out some watermellon and I had completely forgotten about the Bleach. I put the watermellon on the table, ...

What should you do if you are kissing someone who is kissing someone who has TB?

I was just wondering, it it ok to take a shower if you have the cold/flu?
My grandma says that it is wrong and in doing so it could be fatal....

My Brother got Chicken pox 11 days ago .. now he's recovering 80% .. but i don't know i wheather will get it .
cuz i don't have any before ... i always did not share food or bed with him when he's having and i tried to avoid to him .. what is the percentage that i will likely get ?

how ...

If a person has HIV and they drink your coke and then you drink it again and then they drink it again.?
Can I possibley get HIV through that by sharing drinks. Please email me back a.s.a.p. for the answer.

Thanks!
R...

College Kid
Is it possible to get mumps even if you were vaccinated when you were a child?

violetbutterfly13
Rating
Yes! New studies have shown that the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine only lasts about 10 years.

morsy83
MMR Vaccine is a viral vaccine againest measels , Mumps and rupula viruses and it gives a life long protection againest mumps and rupula without posters , BUT , if the vacine was not good at the time u recieve it , or ur immunity become weaker u may get mumps again , u have to go for a your Dr.

superobotz
yes. The vaccine itself might infect you, or the vaccine might wear off.

*Dancer*
Rating
yes

seraphinaballerina
Rating
Yes. Viruses change. You were vaccinated for a particular strain, and you can get mumps from a different enough strain.

This is why there are flu shots every year.

Doing the Right Thing
yes. it's rare, but sometimes the vaccine doesn't work.

rich5v5
yes there are diff strands the vaccination needs boosters after a while

clairmelville
No vaccine is 100% effective. Also, if u r exposed to a different strain of mumps than the one u were immunized against.
I know loads of people (including myslef)who have had mumps despite being immunized.
Mind u, immunisations are still pretty much essential.

obscuremagic
yeah. on the Today show recently, they mentioned that young adults between the ages of 18 and 20-something, should get a second mumps shot. At the time they were given the shots, only one was given, but now the medics believe a second shot should be given as well.
also, other than that i think it can wear off or the disease can mutate and you can become suseptable to it again later in life.

Older&Wiser
Yes, it happened to a friend of mine recently. But it wasn't a bad case.

Eddie's Wife
yeap....sure can!

i need a vacation
Rating
Yes. The vaccination does not always work or it wears off.

adey
Yes in the middle west many are getting mumps when they were vaccinated. Also chicken pox are going around and both there shots wear off.

wildstar_2
Yes.

lil_miss_cant_be_wrong
Sure! Why not? Mumps are fun!

Bornredprincess
Yes

trisha2006
Yes, I have a friend who caught twice.

MR. Tumnus
Rating
Yes, the news the other day said that this is a different strand so people who got the vaccination could still get it.

julzbaby
yes I think so. Sometimes with some people the vaccine doesn't last a lifetime. When I was in the hospital after the birth of my last child, they tested me for all sorts of routine things. And said I didn't have resistance to measles,mumps, and rubella (MMR). My childhood shot wore off. So they gave me a booster. So, YES it is possible to get one of those if you're one of the people who's bodies didn't retain the immunization. I know there is a big outbreak in Iowa and the midwest. It would be best to go talk to a Dr. and see if you need a booster.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy