Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

DO you actually know someone with?
AIDS, or cancer.

I do not know anyone who has cancer, or AIDS. I know of ONE person who died from colon cancer at age 31, but i did not know her before she died.

Is this rare? Y...

Please can anyone tell me if removing your tonsils makes your appetite bigger?

How come africa has certain diseases that the u.s doesnt have as much of?
im not talking bout aids though i mean like malariea
cuz i know they have a huge problem with that over there
but why isnt it so bad here ?
also- is malaria treatable??...

Can you get hiv if....?
If you were talking to someone and they were really close to you and there breath went right in your mouth and possibly some saliva?...

Daughter has 102 fever, she says she feels fine should go to school,dad wants her too?
last night she did complain about her back hurting, stomache ache, possibly tonsils alittle swollen should she go to school anyway?...

Treatment for bladder infection?

What does it mean when you have blood in your stool?
i know that is a bad question to ask but i am scared and i thought this would be the place to ask....

Whats the best thing to do if you have a pink eye?
Besides going to the doctor for antibiotics, what can I do?...

My neighbours keep chickens in their garden?
should I be calling environmental health
Additional Details
I live in a concrete jungle in East L...

Ebola and AIDS?
Does anyone else believe that Ebola and AIDS was created by the Soviet Union and /or the United States during the cold war. And thus was released into Africa to study the effects on a population of ...

What strengthens immune system?

Is there a way you can tell some one has HIV by a something in there body or something else??
not including the HIV ...

What causes the disease PARVO?

My friend has strep throat and we were sharing a drink all night and now I feel like I may be getting strep?
but I it doesnt hurt that bad yet. Would it be worth gonig to the doctor now or would they not even be able to tell until it gets worse?
Additional Details
..This was Thursday we shared ...

R u still gonna have turkey for christmas now it has bird flu?

Question about fever?
i have a fever 101F and it keeps on increasing and i am really cold from the inside so how do i get my fever to go down?
Additional Details
also i took some tylenol like an hour ago but ...

What is T.B. WHAT ARE THE EXERCISE HELPFUL TO CURE IT?

If you accidentally drank boric acid would you die painfully?
How long would does boric acid take to kill you....

How long will it be until you know you have the kissing disease?
A few days? Few weeks? Etc.
Additional Details
Yeah, I mean mononucleosis. Haha, sorry....

What is conjunctivitis?
I went to the doctors today, and they said i have conjunctivitis, and i have been wondering since, how did i actually get it? So, how do you get conjunctivitis??...

EMAILSKIP
Is it okay to wash plastic forks and spoons and re use them?
What about plastic knives? What about paper plates and toothpicks. What about plastic straws and paper cups? I'm having a big picnic next week for people that have contageous diseases and I'm just wondering.

kyeann
Rating
I wouldn't do the toothpicks, but I think everything else would be okay.

twofromheaven
I wouldn't try to wash paper plates, toothpicks or straws. The rest would be fine

Elyse
Rating
I would say washing the plastic knives/spoons/forks and reusing them is fine. But I wouldn't recommend reusing paper plates/cups, straws, or toothpicks. Even with the plastic knives/spoons/forks, I'd suggest reusing them another time and throwing them out, or if they are still in good condition, then use them another time.

hotbelfast
Makes good environmental sense, mind you they can bend with the heat of the water they were washed in

Voice
one-two caps full of bleach to a sink full of water will sterilize the plastic, strews, ect. Do not reuse paper items, plastic items can be washed easily though. If the item is cracked, throw it away. Let these soak for about a minute then wash them off well. This is how I would sterilize our dishes when my son would get Strep Throat. Now I just use the dishwasher, but in your case you'll want the bleach. Also, you might wish to use plastic dish washing gloves to protect your hands from the bleach if you're sensitive to it.

You can also buy sterilizing tablet from different places. I think I've seen some at Sam's Warehouse, but not sure where else to get them. We used those at the daycare center when we had to hand wash dishes.

To be even safer I would highly recommend using new utensils. You can find them very cheaply at your local Dollar Tree or any store that sells all their items for $1.

Ilovechristjesustheking
Well, those items can hold germs even after being washed. Sometimes families wash and reuse them, but it is recommended in day cares and other places where unrelated people eat together that all of the above items are thrown away after use*

wenkwank
if it is just for you.

noTpoOdLE
Rating
Just disinfect them. Then wash them. So they won't contaminate your plastic cutlery. Throw away the paper things straws and toothpicks

And try being more careful who you invite to your picnic next time.

chickmomma5
Rating
We got ourselves a funny guy. Thanks for the points.

pmdan00
Your the one that has to wash them. They are safe but why? Gimme a break on paper plates,cups, and toothpicks, straws,that is going to far.

Gaygarious
Rating
If you're gonna go to the trouble of washing disposable utensils why not just use regular flatware...much easier to sterilize. You didn't say what kind of contageous diseases.

Joe
Rating
Man you're a cheap skate. Just throw the **** out. A box of 500 plastic forks is like 3 bux.

Deb
Rating
throw out everything but the plastic forks knives and spoons...if you soak them in bleach and wash them you will have no problem

Joe
Rating
I feel you cannot re-use these. This would not be safe unless you wash them 100° ... better plastic ones and all you can throw after the use.

kiaSister3luvsjeffgordon
Rating
that's one of the funniest questions I have seen in a long time!! good one!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy