Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Impetigo??
i think i have impetigo.. a sort of clear fluid comes from up my nose and creates honey coloured scabs around my top lip. but i read that impetigo is spread from weeping blisters and is usualy caught ...

Any OTC medications that can cure a urinary tract infection?
I have all the symptoms of a urinary tract infection. According to all the research I've done, the infection seems to still be in my bladder and hasn't spread. I really don't have the ...

My daughter is 11yrs old and has had diarrhea and vomiting for a week now, she is weak but not dehydrated.?
Is there anything the dr will do if I take her?? She has no fever....

Is multiple scrosis contagious?
Theres a girl in my class who has multiple scrosis (ms) and is in a wheelchair, she is grose looking and i dont wanna catch multiple scrosis is it ...

Can you get aids from making out???
Like with swallowing other people's saliva, like alot of different people, can you get aids or any illnesses from that?...

Can strep appear anywhere else in the body besides the throat???
Just askin.
Additional Details
ok, i waited to get a few answers b4 I told u why I asked my ?. OK, here is the deal:. my hubby, is in the hospital. He had " some pain" that ...

Will u pray for my step nephew?
he is 5 years old and is at the hospital. they r not sure what is wrong with him yet. his blood vessles all over his body r popping and he has a fever of 105 F. the docters said he will probably die. ...

Does anyone know the sickness that goes with the following symptoms?
Symptoms include: (first): High amounts of exhaustion/around 103-104F fever (later) still exhaustion/around 100F degree fever as well as a small dry cough. Tounge is whitish with peeling. No pain in ...

How can i improve my immune system?
How can i help improve my immune system?I'm always getting colds and flu's! Please Help! T...

Could I have meningitis?
My left eye is swollen and has been since yesterday, and I have a cough. My eye just slightly hurts when I blink it. If I went Christmas shopping today (I've planned on it since the beginning of ...

How many colds per yer?
How many colds/flu do "you" usually get per year?...

Stomach flu..?
I am just beginning to get over the stomach flu. I was wondering if anyone knows of good food/ drink that won't upset my stomach and will speed up the hydrating process?
I lost about 6lbs ...

Kissing cause diseases?
Dont you think that kissing spread ...

Which is dirtier, a kitty's mouth or a dog's mouth?

Am I going to die?
Just kidding. Don't get mad. Anyways...I have been having a sore throat for about a week now. It hasn't been all that bad, mostly hurting only in the mornings and at night. Today it ...

Are bladder infections painful?
Are bladder infections painful?...

I think i have chicken pox..?
I'm 20 years old and my father has just got shingles and i read that you can catch chicken pox from it. I'be never had chicken pox before and today i've come up with about 7 red ...

I was diagnosed with scabies what is that?? and how did i get it?

Can adults get jaundice?
Lately I look at my face and it looks extra yellowish or weirdly colored. My dark circles are showing more than ever? I'm 22 could I have jaundice or am i missing a vitamin?...

Why is 7up good for you when your sick?
Whenever I get sick, I'm given 7up and told it's good for me when I'm sick. What about 7up would help with getting better from bugs like flu?...

Farrah S
Is it ok to double dose my 3 yr olds antibiotic medication, she missed one dose?

love_hate_187
I would definately not double dose - its in his/her body anyway still most likely depending what antibiotic it is.

Lynette S
Rating
no....geez are you serious that could kill or seriously harm your child

karen s
Rating
no its not really a good idea. it just means she will finish after than when she is supposed to.

trevvidog
No, whilst I wouldn't panic if you have done so, I don't think it would do anything major at all, perhaps upset her tummy. You should just continue along with the next dose as usual and she will get it at the end of the cycle.

Candy
Rating
absolutly not! just wait til the next time she takes it. if you give too much it may be too strong for her body

opinionated
Rating
no it can be damaging to her liver and kidneys so she give her the next dose and do as scheduled

Blaine W
no u could make her over dose and could seriously harm her

LINDA R
You should never double a dose, whether you are dealing with a child or an adult. Take 1 dose at the next scheduled time. Check with your doctor regarding the missed dose, and follow his/her instructions.

cris
Rating
No, just take the next dose on time. Even antibiotics can make you sick if you take too much at one time.

mommaof2
ABSOLUTELY NOT! Just wait until the next scheduled dose and pick up there. Hope your little one is feeling better!

rialisi
No, don't worry about the missed one and just keep giving the prescribed amount until it's finished. Don't double dose it.

rememberthecole
Rating
DO NOT double the dose. However, as soon as you realize you are late with a dose, give it. Use that as your new start time and give the next dose the prescribed time period after that.

You do not want to double the dose as people have stated above. However you also do not want the level of the antibiotic to drop below the therapeutic level. If you do, you will be promoting the growth of antibiotic resistant bacteria which is getting to be a serious problem.

Broberts
No. Dont double the next dose, just give it as normal. One missed dose wont matter too much but she could get sick from a double dose.

lksproodle51
No just wait till the next scheduled dose time.

savoytruffle80
Rating
Just ask your doctor... if he/she's not avail. now (maybe it's the middle of the night where you are), call the local emergency room, maybe they can assist you with an answer.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy