Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Should I take a flu shot? 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
I am not sick. I just want to prevent the flu. How much is the flu shot cost? Thank you....

What to eat/drink when I have a sore throat?
I have one that I need to get rid of fast. I need to know what to eat.

Things I usually eat/drink everyday

-Arizona Iced Tea (Room Temp.)
-CHOCLATE
-Bread
-Cold C...

What some good ways to help get rid of the common cold?

What is the full form of AIDS.?

Smoking is to be banned, Should Kissing be Banned?
I have read HIV is mostly spread through bodily fluids so should Kissing be banned....

I need to talk to a nurse or a doctor?

Additional Details
it about a friend who belive he has become infected with hiv and needs someone's help pleas..he is thinking of suicide......

Help Chicken pox any advice?
My 3 year old mephew is covered and his appetite very poor....

What's better for a sore throat, hot or cold?
I have a sore throat at the moment, which hurts everytime I swallow. My mom checked if my tonsils had any signs of tonsilitous but there was none. It's excruciatingly painful, so I was wondering ...

Whats the best way 2 get rid of a cold?

How can I get rid of cooties?

Sore throat help needed urgent?
is there anything i can do for a sore throat such as remeidies i can make at home or anything you can think of please ...

My tonsils are swollen and have white on them - they hurt very bad.. What can I do for the pain?
It hurts very bad when I try to swallow water or soup or anything.. It feels as if there is mucus stuck on them or something.. There are white spots on them and they're inflamed.

I ...

Do you kill more germs washing your hands with warm water or cold water? does it matter?

Can a doctor cure your cold?

What are some cool infectious diseases?
I have to do kind of an informal research paper on an infectious disease of my choice, what are some cool infectious diseases I could do that would be relatively easy?...

I have a urinry tract infection, it is so painfull to pee, if i drink water will it help?

If you had HIV and couldn't handle it?
If you wound up with HIV and couldn't deal with it, what would you do?...

Name the first sign that you're getting a cold.?

Best way to stop the flu virus?
My fiance didn't have the flu shot, and now he's gotten sick with the flu. What can I do to help him?...

Does bird flu scares you?

MixedMamii
Is The Temp. 101.1 Bad? My Temp. Is Riseing it was 100.1?
My Age is 13. should i stay home from school?
Additional Details
My Mom is so... Dumb! She's making me go to school still

Marie
Rating
are you having any other symptoms like sore throat or ear aches or trouble going to the bathroom. then take some tylenol and go to school.

?
Rating
Ummm....if you have any brains at all, you know that "normal" is 98.6....some people run higher some run lower. My personal "normal" temp is somewhere around 96.9 or so. Therefore, when I have a temp of 100.1 or 101.1, I have a fever. Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to stay home from school. What happened? A test you didn't study for?

bobby
Rating
Any fever means you have an infection so go to bed and drink plenty of fluids and make one of those orange juice.
Take a vitamin C and you should still be at home. Tell your parents.

Mickey
Rating
You really shouldn't go to school tomorrow. If thats your temperature and it is rising, I would suggest that you stay home and get some rest, but then again my dad is like your mom.

coleface
Rating
Maybe you should go... attending health class may help you in the future. You clearly haven't been to one yet

Ex to da G Nomb
Rating
If it keeps going up, yeh. a normal temp. is 98f.

Delores H
yes thats high go to the doc asap

wingsgirl4ever
If your temp keeps raising you may need to go see a doctor. YOu might have the flu or some other viral infection going on. Have you told your parents? Have they given you some tylenol or motrin? Try taking a temped bath that may help to lower your temp.

hsmommy06
I suggest staying home from school. You body is either fighting off a virus or infection. Let the fever run its course as that is your bodys way of fighting off the infection. If it gets too high like 104 then I suggest taking some fever reliever.

smm24
Yes - you should go to the doctors or a medical center. Have you talked to your parents - do they know what's going on? Please find out why you have a high temperature (may be sign of some type of infection). I hope you feel better soon!!

twinkletoes
Rating
Ask your parents, but ultimately, yes, you should stay home from school if you have a 101.1 fever. If you went, you would feel horrible all day and not obsorb anything in class. Give your body time to recharge because you are obviously sick, once it reaches 99 degrees, I'd say go back to school.

firecracker
Where are your parents? You need to tell them you have a fever, isn't there anyone to take care of you?

troybuddy
Rating
at 101.5 yes you should stay home from school, you don't want to get others sick and you probably won't be much good in class.. At 103.0 you need to call a doctor/nurse and ask if you should get to the doctor or just find ways to get it down. If i remember correctly even 103 is ok if it doesn't go more than a day or two. Once it's that high its usually about to peak and break.

R.I.P Casey Calvert!
Rating
Yes. Anything over 100. I have the same thing except I only have a slight temperature. Drink plenty of liquids and get lots of sleep.

Feel better soon!

J
try taking paracetamol. Its a anti pyretic. so it should help keep your temp down a littlee Drink lots of fluids, and rest. If it gets any higher, prob best to see a doc to find out the cause!
goodluck

Neverender
Yes, and take a coldish shower or bath and put some cold wash cloths on your forehead and DEFINITELY take some fever reducer. That could get dangerous.

RN
Rating
101.5 is considered a fever in a healthy person, but you should probably not go to school. Do what the others said, drink lots of fluids, no soda! Fevers dehydrate you enough, dont need the caffiene to add to it.

Gabriella M
Rating
its starting to get to high. if it goes any higher than 101.5 you should go to the doctor.

laurennn
Probably, maybe call your doctor. Your body is fighting a virus or something germy like that. Get lots of rest and drink your chicken noodle soup!

mitchellar31
Definetly stay home if you have a fever! If you hit 102 I would go to a doctor. Make sure your parents know so they can keep an eye on you. Drink lots of fluid and chicken noodle soup and stay in bed or on the couch all day to recup.

kiwi_mum1966
Yes love, please stay home from school. What are ur symptoms? Does ur Mum know ur not feeling well? A temperature higher than 101 should definitely be checked out. 98.6 (37 centigrade) is the average body temp and any higher could cause problems. Please let someone know how ur feeling. If ur parents aren't there then see if u can find someone who will sit with u. Staying at home alone is not a good idea if ur ill, love.
Good luck and I hope u feel better soon.

rhino
Rating
Anytime the temp gets around 100 it can be serious! Let your parents know about it NOW!!

Michael B
yes buy 104 you should be in the hospital

J. W. H
Rating
a temperature of anything over 98 degrees is a symptom of illness.. a low grade fever of 99 to 101 is just that.. low grade.. it means that something is going on in your body and it is trying to fight it off.. if the temperature rises over 102.. it is not low grade anymore and is a symptom of something worse that lets say a mild sore throat.. a sustained fever is not something to fool around with.. check with a doctor.. or the school nurse.. good luck

?
Rating
Think you need to see a doctor young lady. your temp should not keep on rising.

countrygirllll
if it's ever 100 or higher, you should stay home. Get rest, drink fluids, all that stuff=]]

Doug B
you should probably talk to your parents and see if you should go to the doctor

‚ô•LAURA‚ô•
that is what mine was doing... im sick... :( and i stayed home from school... i actually have step throat...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy