Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is it worth going home from work because I have a sore eye?
Over night my eye decided to swell up and I discovered I had conjunctivitis. I'm sat in front of the computer all day but don't know if I should go home early or not. I would feel guilty ...

Why is my tonsil white?
This started mout with swollen gland on the right side of my neck, pain in neck, ear and scrachy throat, low grade fever, took clariton, and advil, most of swealing is gone but the tonsil on the ...

Can you clean E Coli off of spinach?
We just opened a bag of spinach and there was some dirt like substance on the leaves. It might be poo. Was wondering if there is any way to clean the spinach leaves of possible E Coli, or if we ...

Do you think there is really a cure for Hepatitis C or does it just go into remission?

Is diarreha always yellow?

I jumped in the dirty water of a public pond in my city, should I be concerned about any infections?
Very concerned I feel fine but I just want to make sure I'm in perfect health....

Will bleach kill AIDS?

I have a sore throat and blister in my mouth and bad breath?

Need some help doctors are unsure what is wrong with my younger sister does anyone have any ideas?
Hopefully someone could help shed some light on what is going on. My 12 year old sister was recently admitted to the hospital. For the last three weeks she has had the following symptoms
-N...

Can i get a prescribed medication twice?
i went to the doctor and after consultation and some examining he prescribed some medication in tablets form. i took the treatment and finished it. now i have the same problem again, for financial ...

How do you stop a very high fever?

Step Throat?
I think I have step throat I have white spots on my tonsuls and a low grade fever do you have to have antibotics to get rid of it it's close to Christmas and I don't really have the money ...

I have a nasty cold sore.. help?!?!?!?
My prom is Saturday and this huge cold sore is on my bottom lip. I really really really need help to get rid of it fast. I have some Campho Phenique but I need to know if there's a quicker way ...

If bleach can kill most 99.9% of germs including mrsa, e coli etc?
Then shouldn't they prescribe it to patients? It would clear the beds quicker.
Hehe, saw the advert and made me think (first time for everything I guess)....

Is interfelon and ribavarin a cure for hep c?
How long can treatment with these drugs clear the virus for, 10 years or more? or for life in some people??...

Can you catch chicken pox twice in a life time?

Can you get hiv from touching blood that is dry?with ur index finger?
after touching the dry blood u dont see any blood stain and then u wipe it off on the side of your clothing after 5 mins you use the same finger to put gum in your mouth? note i did not have a cut in ...

How to heal up a sore throat fast?
Im going to the city tomarow and it is going to be really cold. I want to know any way of healing or soothing my sore throat before tommarow night.

It only hurts when I swallow and I don&#...

When does a viral infection become a bacterial infection?
I have had a cold for a week and am still coughing madly and blowing my nose every five minutes. My sinuses are painful and I can't hear or taste anything. Do I now have a bacterial infection? ...

Why do all the nerds who are ill come to class and pass on the infections?
Sure, I do it. But why do so many of them do it? So many people in my classes are now ill, including me.Thanks a lot nerds for making my nose bleed.
Additional Details
uh, I'm ...

Ashley B
If you take your temperature and its like 94.7 whts that mean?
is that bad
whats the opposite of a fever?

versantly
Rating
it means that you're normal. folks who metabolize quickly often have lower temps.

maxlife61
Rating
The three things I'm aware of (there may be many more, I'm not a doctor) that could cause such a low reading: 1) Inaccurate thermometer; try another one, or get fresh batteries if it's digital. 2) Severe hypothyroidism (low functioning thyroid, which regulates body temperature); and/or 3) Adrenal fatigue or exhaustion. If another known good thermometer measures low (98.6 is 'normal') on two or three days in a row (measure after your day has started and you've become active), find a physician with expertise in treating both thyroid and adrenal dysfunction and get in for an evaluation.

rn f
if you are shivering, get WARM. blankets and drink something hot. if not shivering, GO TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATLY. someone at my camp had a 94 temp and was ok, but stayed in the infirmary all day for pretty much 3 weeks

Steve R
If you are not feeling any symptoms then it's not bad. Do you know what your normal temperature is? The average is 98.6 but that's just an average. Some people are lower and some are higher.

lovely
Rating
you are too week - need some good food

Roger
That's cold. Cold sweat?

Jamila W
Rating
Are you eating enough? I know that when a person does not eat, their temperatures go down. This is a symptom of anorexia. Also not getting enough protein and fat in your diet can cause low temperature like vegans.

the crusader
It means that you are suffering from hypothermia. You really should see a doctor.

MSC Lieu
Rating
Yes, having a temperature too low is bad. Take it again. If it reads the same, you should bundle yourself up and have a hot drink (milk, tea, coffee, cocoa) and take it again in about 30 minutes. If it hasn't gone up, check your thermometer if you are not shivering. If you are shivering and wrapping up in blankets and drinking warm drinks doesn't increase the temperature, then you should take a warm to hot shower or bath. If that still doesn't do it, then you need to see a doctor. You could be going into hypothermia (when the body is less than 95 degrees F), which is deadly.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy