Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Which of the following types of diseases can be treated successfully with antibiotics?
A bacterial diseases

B viral diseases

C both bacterial and viral diseases

D neither bacterial nor viral ...

I recieved a memo at work yesterday from my local health department. Said outbreak of HepatitisA/Shingles?
I have heard people say that shingles are cased by the same virus as Chicken pox and that people who are exposed to them (chicken pox)after they have alredy had them get shingles. I have never been ...

C-deficile,is a bactrial infecion from an antibitic.Need to know more.where to look?

What is a simple way to explain Crohn's Disease?
I dont get what crohn disease is. Can you explain it in a simple way so i may understand what it is....

Low body temperature of 96.2? what causes low body temperature.Is this a sign of something dangerous?

When is a cold contagious? is it at the beginning and end,beginning or all the way through?

Can humans contract the avion flu virus by eating chicken?

Do i have rabies?
im really concerned... i have alittle tooth mark from my friends dog and it was in the end of august. (almost a month) and i had no symptoms or noy hing. His dog is fine and he says that the dog had ...

What are the effects of a Dead Virus?

Additional Details
What are the effects of a Dead Virus on the body?...

I was just sick last week and i woke up today with 103 fever sore throat and aches and pains?
wat is wrong wit me
Additional Details
i also got the flu shot can it be the ...

What helps a soat throat?
I have halls and green tea (hot).......

Is this a BROWN RECLUSE spider????
I just took this picture moments ago OUTSIDE... is this a brown recluse? I looked at pictures online and I am pretty sure but I don't quite see the "violin shape" so can someone ...

Discharge?! yellow/greenish? HELP?
if i just started puberty and im having a discharge,at first,it was clear and gooey,now its yellowish greenish and kinda thick,but not LOTTS and lots of it,but wat does that mean,its normal right?

What can you do for a scratchy throat?

I am having a cold , or it is flu ? how would i know ? and what can i do ?
HI I AM SUDDENLY SNEEZING AND FEELING A BIT FEVER LIKE WARM BODY . WONDERING IF I AM HAVING A COLD OR FLU .. I AM DRINKING ALOT OF COLD WATER . DOES IT HELP ?...

Im 6 months pregnant i was expose with patient with chicken pox. i have chicken pox when i was 15yrs old?

Will getting the flu shot while sick, make you sicker?
I know that this is a stupid question, but I am scheduled for a flu shot tommorrow and am getting over bronchitis. Will it make me sicker to get the shot or should I go ahead with it? Any nurses or M...

Could I have eaten something with botulism?
I ate some ravioli out of the can earlier without noticing that there was a small dent in the top of the can. It wasn't bloated or anything, but I'm still afraid that it could have had ...

What the best remedy for the flu,i feel like crap?

If you were exposed to e coli can you pass it to your baby while breastfeeding?

danielle
If someone has pinkeye can you catch it just by looking at them?
or only by physical contact

Thomas Jefferson
It depends on if you're staring them down or if it was just a quick glance.

Sreeni
Rating
NO. not by just looking at someone who has pinkeye.
If you do get it, you got to check out with your Doc to determine if its Viral or bacterial Pinkeye. If bacterial, antibiotics will help. If Viral, avoiding contact with others and taking rest would be helpful.
It usually goes away in 7 to 10 days w/o any medicines.

DALIA C
Rating
THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET PINK EYE IS BY CONTACT. SO WASH YOUR HANDS WELL BECAUSE IT CAN EASILY SPREAD.

adventureboyseven
Rating
Good for you, successfully answered your own question.

If you are looking at them very, very closely so you brush lashes, or bump eyeballs.

funny

kestrelk8
don't be rediculous. pink eye is only contracted by physical contact and only under the condition that the person has rubbed the infected eye and then touched you and you touched your eye.

fifth_moon2
No, only by physical contact...but pinkeye is really contagious, so wash your hands frequently if you're around someone who has it.

Embarrassed
Rating
You cannot do so by looking at them, otherwise we would all catch a lot of other diseases. Only by physical contact, if u shake or touch the infected person's hand after they have perhaps rubbed the infected eye and touch you. Make sure that we all keep washing our hands and keep those nasty germs at bay.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy