Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Infectious Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

When you have the common cold, is it okay to eat like you normally do?

What if this bird flu carry on speading.will you be having turkey for christmas or chicken, let me know?

Additional Details
or will you have something ...

What is the most infectious virus in the world?
Even if it is not noticeable and displays no symptoms whatsoever. What is the type of virus(harmless or not) that could spread like wildfire across the globe. I know a lot of people will say the ...

What is the worst illness you could get?
i.e aids, ...

AIDS????Can I get it from that?
A guy at work wanted me to try his new cigar. After pushing and pushing I finally agreed to try it. I found out later that he is HIV+. I have heard debates that you can get aids from spit. Do you ...

Chicken pox question easy 10 points?
all my pox has become scabs, is it okay for me to peel them off my skin? what happens if i do?...

How do people get stupid ansewrs?

Please Help??
Okay so i have a quick question but it's nasty in some ways.
Now if all you are going to do is give me an answer like eww or gross dont read this!!!

Now. I think it feels good ...

Gas pump warning! HIV Positive needles are being placed on handles of gas pumps. Be carefully and check pumps!
A report from Jacksonville Fl, states that someone is placing HIV positive needles onto gas pumps. 17 people have reported being stuck with needles at the pump. 8 have tested positive and the others ...

How can I tell if I have a fever without a thermometer>?
I have the chills, no appitite, weak, tired, i get light headed really easily. I don't know if I have a fever though. I don't have a thermometer, and no one else is home, is there a way to ...

My mom drinks too mch but i dont know how to tell how to stop can u help me???
she gets drunk almost every night!!!
Additional Details
its really my friends parent and i want to make her feel ...

Is Ecoli a std?

I think I may have worms!! What can I do?? PLEASE HELP!!?
I'm red raw!!
Additional Details
VietRebel - How dare you!! I had a bath last week!!!...

Do you think its possible that a man made virus could wipe out the planets population?
In the past there has been warnings of a global pandemic from viruses like bird flue and s.a.r.s.Its scary to think that there could be other super viruses that could kill us all.What do you think?...

Does mosquitos spread HIV virus ?

Can I give liquid tylenol rectally to a 10 year old ?He has the flu and is throwing up.?

My girlfriend has mono and so do i if i kiss her while we have it will it hurt us from gettin better ?

What is pus?
what is pus? why does it form? is pus a good thing or a bad thing?...

Would you rather have the flu or the stomach flu?

Are you an organ donar?
If u are will u go to heaven as a whole?...

sexy12stud
If someone gets cold sores, does that mean, that they have herpes?

Cheer=♥!
Rating
Uh no way...
U need to study on that or ask ur doctor.
Trust me no

Bianca Marie
Rating
No bacause sometimes when you catch a cold your lips become very chapped and can open a wound. As for herpes, people just use the term "cold sore" just because the breakout is located on the lip. If you really do some research, you would be able to tell between an actual cold sore, rather than a herpes breakout.

shelly c
Rating
Yes but it is a different type. I believe it is hereditary

Rex
Yes. Just like many other "her" disasters (i.e. her-ricanes), her-pes can create havoc on a man's lips.

motherofone
Rating
Yes it does mean they have herpes. However its NOT the same as gential herpes. Chicken pox is also a form of herpes.

karenpghblue
Rating
Not all cold sores are caused by the herpes virus, I have checked in to this for my cousin, dr. says that it is sometimes caused by the herpes virus, however, it can be caused by an bacterial infection. Call your doctor or ask your local pharmacist, it depends on how bad they are.

curmudgeon
it is a type of herpes, not the same as the std herpes.

mAriE v
Rating
its a form of herpes.. & u have it for life.

Tony
Rating
yup,....You don't have to have a lot of intimate contact with a person. You can just peck your kids on the cheek and expose
them to it.... :(

monkeyluver_765
No, My grandpa just went to las vegas and it was really hot and he is used to ohio weather and from the heat up there he got cold sores...it dont mean anything!

connie o
Rating
Yes type one virus.

Sarah Silverman LOVER
you know it's funny, there is a type 1 and type 2, but on TV show (dateline or something), were talking about college kids, and one guy got type 2 on his lips or mouth from his girlfriend (go figure) LOL

chris f
Rating
yes, cold sores are caused by the herpes virus. valtrex is a presciption the helps with breakouts

randy
Cold sores are a relative of the Herpes simplex virus. No, it is not true herpes like that strain transmitted as a STD. It's very common. Treat it symtematically with over the counter meds. If you suffer a bad or continuious outbreak, see your doc for stronger meds.

sailor_chronos
Yes. Herpes Type I is responsible for outbreaks of cold sores around the mouth. They are usually brought on by stress or illness, and are highly contageous until they scab over completely. Once you have herpes you can't cure it.

Nickname
Rating
It is a form of herpes, yes.

&hearts stef
Yes. Cold sores are the oral form of herpes.

But it isn't as serious. In fact like 50-80% of adults have it.

Most people don't even know they have it!

lilbrowneyes81
Rating
What Causes Cold Sores?

Cold sores are caused by a virus called herpes (say: hur-peez). Herpes is one of the most common viral infections in the world. The medical name for the specific virus that causes cold sores is herpes simplex.

There are two types of herpes simplex infection: herpes simplex virus one (called HSV-1 for short) and herpes simplex virus two (called HSV-2 for short). Although both can cause cold sores around a person's mouth, most are caused by HSV-1.

HSV-1 is so common that most Americans get infected with it, although many never have any symptoms. People can catch HSV-1 by kissing a person with a cold sore or sharing a drinking glass or utensils, so it's easy to see why there are so many cold sores around.

Kids who get infected with HSV-1 may get cold sores occasionally for the rest of their lives That's because even after the sores themselves dry up and go away, the virus stays in the body, waiting around for another time to come out and cause more sores. When a cold sore reappears, it is often in the same place as the previous one.

King of all Lizard Kings. Beotch
Rating
Yes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy